• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i have hit 40 this year...

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...From my experience, when Sporeans emigrate they have problems because of the faster pace of life in Spore. It takes them time to adjust to the slower pace of life in places like Canada.

... and the liberal rules of law. These Western countries believe strongly in human rights like USA which covers rights to own guns, no death penalty, and rights of assembly where young hoods can gather and form gangs in the urban slums to terrorise innocent citizens. So, far so good for those believing in grass is greener on the other side. Belum try, belum tahu, lah.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you get older you probably want to experience more nature and get away from the hectic city life. New megamalls no longer excite you, touristy places such as Gardens by the Bay and Universal Studios bore you, old places of heritage get demolished and whatever's left of your memories get washed away.

In Singapore's case it's even worse with massive overpopulation. That is a problem that can only be solved by getting out of Singapore.

Nothing exciting in sinkie land. All man built and artificial, nothing natural. When locals emigrate, pappies happy. They can let in more FTsh to replace them. These new shitizens are likely more pro-pappies to keep voting for pappies until they get screwed like all sinkies eventually but it will take some years for them to realise it.

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another reason not to get married. A lot of women out there are dream killers. For example, if you were to make a career switch she would complain and nag and bitch about it. And when the kids arrive, you're more or less shackled to this shithole called Singapore. You get sucked into the system, your kids further entrench you here via the MOE.

Locals are generally no gypsies; it is not in their blood to try out new pastures. It takes great courage to uproot and move to new country. Youngster may up and go without hesitation but for those with families, it is not easy decision to go. If you do not like pappies, don't vote for them. Why pull up roots to run road?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are hundreds of excuses you can find to justify not moving to a first world country. And none of them are valid. There a hundred of reasons for not moving to a 3rd world country like Uganda and probably most of them are valid.

The top 5 favourite excuse for not moving to a 1st world country are as follows
1. I have to look after my elderly parents
2. My spouse is not keen or scared of spouse
3. I do not want to be a 2nd class citizen
4. Not sure if I can get a job
5. Fear of racial discrimination

Possible actual reasons for the excuses
1. Inertia - I am a follower not a leader
2. Never thought of it seriously
3. Easily contented
4. Easily misled by detractors
5. Scared of angmo

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... and the liberal rules of law. These Western countries believe strongly in human rights like USA which covers rights to own guns, no death penalty, and rights of assembly where young hoods can gather and form gangs in the urban slums to terrorise innocent citizens. So, far so good for those believing in grass is greener on the other side. Belum try, belum tahu, lah.

FYI many of my relatives, school mates, friends colleagues, .... have emigrated.
When I talk to them & their children they have no regrets whatsoever. Some of them return to Spore for holidays & I can honestly tell you that they have never indicated any regrets on leaving. In fact many feel sad about what Spore has become.:(

Those that are still single have even moved to HK for their career. However once they are married & have children they move on to places like Aust, Canada, US,.. I have lived in Canada & never had any problems with crime. Maybe it is because I avoided the poorer side of town during the nights. I am someone who would also avoid "little India" during weekends & nights. :wink: Got many relatives staying in Australia & while they sometimes complain about the high taxes & behaviour of the whites, none have returned.

Many of my relatives are staying in bungalows with pools, 2+ cars,.. This is the kind of lifestyle that Sporeans can only dream of.

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Got many relatives staying in Australia & while they sometimes complain about the high taxes & behaviour of the whites, none have returned. Many of my relatives are staying in bungalows with pools, 2+ cars,.. This is the kind of lifestyle that Sporeans can only dream of.

Certainly, it is mystifying why FTsh are flooding to this tiny red dot if living standard is so much better in those white countries. Are pappies attracting only the scraps of the foreign barrels, those unwanted in the white countries?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There are hundreds of excuses you can find to justify not moving to a first world country. And none of them are valid. There a hundred of reasons for not moving to a 3rd world country like Uganda and probably most of them are valid.

The top 5 favourite excuse for not moving to a 1st world country are as follows
1. I have to look after my elderly parents
2. My spouse is not keen or scared of spouse
3. I do not want to be a 2nd class citizen
4. Not sure if I can get a job
5. Fear of racial discrimination

Possible actual reasons for the excuses
1. Inertia - I am a follower not a leader
2. Never thought of it seriously
3. Easily contented
4. Easily misled by detractors
5. Scared of angmo

It summed up in one all-encompassing cause : paralysis by analysis.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
40 is nothing... You will feel worse when you reach 60 and still doesn't know when you can retire..

Don't retire, if you can. Life becomes meaningless if one retires and having to see the ugly old lady at home ecery moment, no more excuses to be out with those syts. Sad, very sad.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't retire, if you can. Life becomes meaningless if one retires and having to see the ugly old lady at home ecery moment, no more excuses to be out with those syts. Sad, very sad.

Good advice. Must have something to do to keep mind occupied and reason to leave home.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If U feel worthless because PAP is the ruling party it will make no freaking difference when the opposition takes over. U will still be useless. The only pple who will benefit from a change in government is the politicians themselves, no one else will benefit. If you want to improve your life go out there and do something to change your life. Bitching about the government all day every day isnt going to change anything

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI many of my relatives, school mates, friends colleagues, .... have emigrated.
When I talk to them & their children they have no regrets whatsoever. Some of them return to Spore for holidays & I can honestly tell you that they have never indicated any regrets on leaving. In fact many feel sad about what Spore has become.:(

Those that are still single have even moved to HK for their career. However once they are married & have children they move on to places like Aust, Canada, US,.. I have lived in Canada & never had any problems with crime. Maybe it is because I avoided the poorer side of town during the nights. I am someone who would also avoid "little India" during weekends & nights. :wink: Got many relatives staying in Australia & while they sometimes complain about the high taxes & behaviour of the whites, none have returned.

Many of my relatives are staying in bungalows with pools, 2+ cars,.. This is the kind of lifestyle that Sporeans can only dream of.

None of my friends and relatives returned after they left S'pore. Visited some if them over the past 30 years. No kpkb from them. The only thing they missed is hawker food.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Take up golf it greener pasture out in China, got visit my pal Gordon bleu in zhu hai.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If U feel worthless because PAP is the ruling party it will make no freaking difference when the opposition takes over. U will still be useless. The only pple who will benefit from a change in government is the politicians themselves, no one else will benefit. If you want to improve your life go out there and do something to change your life. Bitching about the government all day every day isnt going to change anything

You are right, don't bitch about the government. Beat the hell out of them. Will you join in?

When the Opposition takes over, that is a new beginning of a better life. There will be lots of skeletons to unearth and bring those responsible to justice. And the immediate deportation of 2.5 million foreigners will have to commence.

Finally, a sinkapore that sinkees can reclaim and build up again.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It summed up in one all-encompassing cause : paralysis by analysis.

Emigration is a virtue for Singaporeans. But many are not ready. The issue is mental attitude, not a problem of lack of educational qualifications, speaking poor English, lack of experience living abroad, etc.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When the Opposition takes over, that is a new beginning of a better life. There will be lots of skeletons to unearth and bring those responsible to justice. And the immediate deportation of 2.5 million foreigners will have to commence.

I agree there will be an initial feeling of euphoria and triumph but once the dust settles and the realities of life return to the forefront, people will soon realise that the more things change, the more they remain the same.

The rich will still be rich and the poor will still be poor. The depressed will still be on their medication and those with happy dispositions probably never had a problem in the first place.

Politicians will always be politicians and they're always in the game for themselves first and foremost regardless of what logo they wave.

If a person wants to change his life, the transformation has to come from within. No government is going to do it for you.

siangsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
i turned 40 this year too.

eldershield arrived in my post box.

and i am happy. life is good. job is stable and pays well enuf to let my wife stay at home to look after the kids. the kids r healthy and happy and the wife is supportive.

financial planning is going well and we r collecting rent from our second property, to which it goes to pay off my cars' monthly loans.

40 means reassessing priorities in life - family. more holidays and activities together. better quality food and also a sharper focus on health and well being.

im just starting to learn a 4th language and the piano, and im never happier.