• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am thinking of getting a bicycle & scenic cycling routes

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why everything I say I do you no backbone snakes must create thread to discredit them? That’s what @bigcockman has been doing too. You all got no good life no good brain is it? Cannot have your own good inspiration instead of stealing from me and twisting it?
@Leongsam btw why this no backbone snake’s thread got moderator to change title for him but no one catered to my request to add “No backbone snake” to my Jeremy Quek thread?

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add some safe nice routes to share, other than those Park Connectors
I don't really see the point of cycling to reservoirs as technically there is no way to cycle around them.

- Seletar Link/Seletar North Link
- Mandai Road
- Old Upper Thomson Road
- Changi Coast Road
- Lim Chu Kang Road
- Tanah Merah Coast Road

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
change twice in 6.9 days, are you serious?

non stop tdf cycling? my mileage not so high. Just home to a spot or maybe use car (if I buy thule) or company lorry to ferry part of the journey.
road bikes have skinny wheels, and they are better off on well paved roads. once a rider gets off the road and transition to uneven paths with drainage grills, concrete, cement, aggregate, grass, m&d, dirt, gravel, or multi-surface seams with cracks, bumps, steps, the rider will face the risk and hazard of damaging bike and wheels, including falling off and getting injuries. pcn’s are actually not optimal for road bikes as there are too many errant users, surface transitions, inconsistent lane widths, bumps, yard work, construction activity. the last is the worst. even on weekends, there’s not one freaking break. a shoddy patch at a construction site on a pcn path ripped my 1st tire as there was a concrete and gravel transition. they didn’t bother to mark off the damaged section. a heavy construction vehicle likely cracked that section. a grassy transition to concrete pavement tore my 2nd tire as edge of concrete was jagged and sharp, and there was a height difference between the two surfaces. a mountain or bmx bike would have easily overcum the challenges. if you’re riding on the pcn and or walkways treat them like they are multi-surface paths (plus construction zones) not meant for road bikes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cycling only feels nice when you ride downhill on a bumpy path. You can feel the pounding on your buttocks.

Maybe that's why Pulau Ubin has many cycling aficionados.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cycling only feels nice when you ride downhill on a bumpy path. You can feel the pounding on your buttocks.

Maybe that's why Pulau Ubin has many cycling aficionados.

No wonder BOSS ride his bike on seatpost without saddle........

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
which type? got link?

bicycle-types-june172020-min.jpg
For scenic ride road bike is not the choice. Road bike is for workout and not suitable for Park Connectors. Recumbent also meant for road. Mountain bike better suited for terrains and Ubin. Fixie is pointless unless you want to cycle backwards. Foldies have gotten really popular because these days they can fold like a luggage and really handy, you can even take MRT with it.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Two decent brand below 1k are 3sixty or Dahon. Get 3sixty at Passion Gadget if you are not familiar with bike mechanics stuff. If you are get from parallel importers on Carousell

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to enjoy the last swaths of tropical island scenery in sg, changi and pasir ris have some good stretches for casual bike riding.

changi
D5BAB1F0-9A1A-4833-B7AD-FC6626D479A3.jpeg

F87C6B36-603C-485B-A1CB-02B78C6E18E7.jpeg

9E453533-6AD4-446B-AB10-97FFDF91EB58.jpeg

pasir ris
E2C740FF-A535-48A5-9A24-4B794A09D47A.jpeg

36EC529C-7840-4543-9CC8-0713DC6D24A1.jpeg

F3AE9510-E03B-425E-BF90-8EC0F86BEAA5.jpeg

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brompton seems like the folding bike to get. I dun have a folding bike at all and this will be my first. Brompton seems like a serious company doing only folding bike. and has parts stand by for years if your bike breakdown. Like their service style. However, with such premium service and quality, there is a premium price too, at least $2k for a bike. Have to set aside $5k including its accessories. and it lasts for decades. i think it is worth it.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add some safe nice routes to share, other than those Park Connectors
I don't really see the point of cycling to reservoirs as technically there is no way to cycle around them.

- Seletar Link/Seletar North Link
- Mandai Road
- Old Upper Thomson Road
- Changi Coast Road
- Lim Chu Kang Road
- Tanah Merah Coast Road
I prefer to cycle to different cafes and eateries in a chosen area. And also do grocery shopping.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brompton seems like the folding bike to get. I dun have a folding bike at all and this will be my first. Brompton seems like a serious company doing only folding bike. and has parts stand by for years if your bike breakdown. Like their service style. However, with such premium service and quality, there is a premium price too, at least $2k for a bike. Have to set aside $5k including its accessories. and it lasts for decades. i think it is worth it.
6 months waiting time