• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am afraid I can not congratulate Obama

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dearest Uncle Yap

I am sure you are an expert and most logical person to argue about practicality and optimism. For my humble knowledge and my last decisive vote in the next election. Who than should I trust and cast my vote with optimism? Among all the parties in Singapore, which one is more safe & practical to cast them my vote since this country still need someone to lead us. Is there no one else more fitting in your eyes now? I hope to hear your view.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dearest Uncle Yap

I am sure you are an expert and most logical person to argue about practicality and optimism. For my humble knowledge and my last decisive vote in the next election. Who than should I trust and cast my vote with optimism? Among all the parties in Singapore, which one is more safe & practical to cast them my vote since this country still need someone to lead us. Is there no one else more fitting in your eyes now? I hope to hear your view.

vote for master CHEEm who else?. that is if he's still around and his clan SDP survives without closing shop after the duel in kangaroo hill.:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle Yap is right in one sense. Whoever won the election, makes no difference.

Ronald Reagan left the savings-and-loans bust, federal budget deficit, skyroketing interest rate inflation and plummeting US dollar devaluation to George Bush Sr. Bill Clinton left the dot.com and tech crash to George Bush Jr. Second term outgoing presidents are very dangerous. They have nothing to lose or gain. They can do anything they like. One in that position crazy enough may order the nuking of any country he fancies. What the heck? For what it's worth.

Anyway, seriously, the United States have grown into such a bureaucratic behemoth that no one single man, even the president, first or second term, can do anything much to change it, except peripherically or comestically. What's the difference between having Obama or McCain as president, or what's the difference between having a Democratic or Republican president? My personal view is no difference.

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said before, you are the one talking big about "fighting" LKY/PAPs, "fighting corruption", "fighting incompetent governance", being "practical and realistic" etc, so what is your "practical realistic" model of governance?

You have thus far failed to provide any, so why should anyone pay attention to you in the first place?

As for me purportedly having "no answer", again I am not the one desperately seeking publicity, you are, accordingly it is incumbent upon you not me to explain yourself.

However since you keep asking for my "answer", without any basis I should add, I shall oblige you with a brief sketch.

Go read Joseph Schumpeter for the general ideology.

As for the practical nuts and bolts way forward, I see a PAP split after LKY passes away and when I say PAP split I am not just talking about PAP political party itself but the entire Establishment Elites across all sectors of Singapore society. As to how long long this shall take after LKY passes on, who knows for sure, but I think within a time frame of 10-15 years is a possibility. Transition shall be messy (change inevitably brings about messiness and uncertainty) but by this time probably manageable so as not to foresake national stability both security and the economy. Singaporean Generations X, Y, Z and beyond should probably be much better educated and more globally exposed through eduction, travel, work and the net to act rationally with general reasonable political maturity.

Barring unforeseen drastic extreme circumstances, the large majority of Singaporeans shall probably never give credence to a 'revolutionary reform movement' to oust the PAPs from political power because rationally the negatives appear to far far out way the benefits, and rightly so I should add.

Btw I have not ruled out the PAP government in power going the dark route if its power is really truly challenged by say a PAP split using methods like martial law, vote rigging etc. However if it does indeed go down this dark route, then it is definitely the start of the end of the PAP government because this would rationally justify the rise of a 'revolutionary/reform movement' which would eventually succeeed in ousting PAP going by history. However in this worst case scenario Singapore shall probably be left in ruins and rubble, so I don't think the PAPs would take this dark destructive route. Afterall Singapore has already moved beyond a banana republic.

Finally sorry to burst your bubble, but if you are really truthful, practical and realistic, it is highly unlikely that the political status quo in Singapore shall radically change while LKY is still alive and active in the political scene. The ground reality appears to support what I say. There still appears to be quite alot of 'fat' around to spread about and the PAPs may appear to be cold, arrogant, harsh, mean, stingy and greedy but generally they are not stupid and not corrupt in the traditional sense. Unlikely that PAPs would actually cross the political 'red line' while LKY is still around.

You are suggesting too far fetch things to lure me to offer model of governance. This stage is engaging famiLEE LEEgime, and the next reform stage is not yet reached, you jump the gun so far? Want to form new government already? Are you kidding? You are Mr. Anwar?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Not even any party (not even PAp) had really did any presentation of their model of governance in Singapore. famiLEE LEEgime basically just dictate around as they like they never presented any model and they modified rules any time as and when the felt happy.

:mad:

PAp spliting is some how inevitable, they are only gel together by power & $$$interest$$$ for the past decades, and only huge salaries that kept being increased could maintain them together until this far.

I am a bit hungry and tired now to say too much about that right now... :wink: I must go for Makan ASAP...

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am dissapointed to read that someone like you who purports to support the opposition would look away when there is a mess. Instead I believe you should congratulate him for his considerable effort and eventually winning at the votes despite all the mess as it will give him the strength to face the challenges. That is a sign of a good leader to roll up his sleeves and deal with the problems face on.

In this respect I hope that you retract your statement for the good of the party that you are representing.

he is a useless fucker talk big only, what you expect?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i doubts he can answer your question.
that fucker thot he is a world leader.

lol lol lolzzzzzzz

uncleyap's motive might be true that's why he was very ardent in helping chee. but seem that chee thought he got better helpers - maybe from the F4 and uy might be pushed to the reserved team.

uy has from the very beginning already campaigning something that he believes will benefit the majority of peasants. chee on the other hand is campaigning a personal vendetta and trying to exploit the peasants to his will.

maybe uy to chee is passed his usefulness. maybe this is what happening in the duel in kangaroo hill.:confused:

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncleyap'rue that's why he was very ardent in helping chee. t he got better helpers -s will benefit the majotrying to exploit the peasants to his will.maybe uy his usefulness. maybe this is what happening in the duel in kangaroo hill.:conf

bapok did you bash your father when he ask you to return the stolen temple money ... LOL

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dearest Uncle Yap

I am no expert.

I am no salesman for any political party also.

Practically, at most constituencies there wont' be more than one opposition for you to choose. :rolleyes: Won't be so hard to choose. They should avoid 3 corner fighting just like what the Malaysian opposition did, and just like what Singaporeans did in 2006. :biggrin:

To tell the truth, just by only voting, you are still doing too little for Singapore. Find something that you can be involved daily and fruitfully instead of casting vote once in so many years.

:smile:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uy has from the very beginning already campaigning something that he believes will benefit the majority of peasants. :

I hope Gerald Ee did not enjoy himself taking TT durai's shit in NKF, nevertheles peasants are glad TT durai is gone and that is itself worth celebrating.

Anyway, the above is simply my point.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious and strange that you are all of sudden so coy after all the big talk, just in this forum alone?:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, who is desperately trying to seek publicity, you or me? So let us cut to chase, you talk big about being "practical and realistic" so what have you achieved thus far in real concrete practical realistic terms? Why should the public take you seriously (assuming that you want to be taken seriously)?

You are suggesting too far fetch things to lure me to offer model of governance. This stage is engaging famiLEE LEEgime, and the next reform stage is not yet reached, you jump the gun so far? .

What rubbish. LKY and the PAP government have for donkey years outlined their general model of governance: pragmatism (economy, defence and national stability overrides everything else), meritocracy, honesty, self/family reliance (no welfare). PAP's idea of 'good governance'. Now whether in reality PAP has achieved this is perhaps subject to debate, but that is a separate issue altogether.
Not even any party (not even PAp) had really did any presentation of their model of governance in Singapore. famiLEE LEEgime basically just dictate around as they like they never presented any model and they modified rules any time as and when the felt happy.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What made it to be something for me to complete? I am not the only citizen in Singapore.:p I can only do my own little part.:wink::cool:

But you are the only one that is going to every opposition event, whether invited or not, take centre stage, claim to be fighting the lee clan , day and night etc. No other ctizen makes claims like you.

So what have you achieved so far?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What like pasting P&C correspondence relating to a private civil custody matter in a public forum? Staging a solo hunger strike and getting laughed at by schoolgirls? Trying to play the 'comedian' at a trial apparently thinking that this is part of "engaging leegime" when it merely appears to be detrimental to the other joint defendants. Note the Judge and AGC PP have all the time in the world and resources to be 'entertained' by your antics because the public is footing their tabs, so they only ones who shall suffer from your antics are the other joint defendants.:rolleyes:

I
To tell the truth, just by only voting, you are still doing too little for Singapore. Find something that you can be involved daily and fruitfully instead of casting vote once in so many years.

:smile:

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap is right in one sense. Whoever won the election, makes no difference.

Ronald Reagan left the savings-and-loans bust, federal budget deficit, skyroketing interest rate inflation and plummeting US dollar devaluation to George Bush Sr. Bill Clinton left the dot.com and tech crash to George Bush Jr. Second term outgoing presidents are very dangerous. They have nothing to lose or gain. They can do anything they like. One in that position crazy enough may order the nuking of any country he fancies. What the heck? For what it's worth.

Anyway, seriously, the United States have grown into such a bureaucratic behemoth that no one single man, even the president, first or second term, can do anything much to change it, except peripherically or comestically. What's the difference between having Obama or McCain as president, or what's the difference between having a Democratic or Republican president? My personal view is no difference.

It's not that bad. The US president and his team, if they are capable people, will get US out of the financial turmoil faster than a stupid president and team. It makes a little bit difference.