• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I actually enjoyed watching the YOG!

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tuned into the "encore telecast" of the Opening Ceremony and caught a few minutes of the show, and I was impressed by it, with our night city skyline as the backdrop.

Today I caught the 3-on-3 basketball on TV, hey guess what it was an exciting game. Yes there were boring events not meant for TV, just switch channels.

Let's give our schools/ EIs a break. Yes, young children and teenagers are asked to go out there to support the YOG, but didn't we also participate in these mass events when young? No lessons, that was fun and something out of the mundane.

My only gripes? The YOG was 3 times under-budgeted. SYOGOC ( boy what an acronym ) has to account for that surely.

Second, the MSM went way overboard drumming up the hype of YOG. That surely turns off even more S'poreans.

Let's be fair in our judgement and not make molehills out of mountains.

Cheers and you cynics can fire away now... :o

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My only gripes? The YOG was 3 times under-budgeted. SYOGOC ( boy what an acronym ) has to account for that surely.

You're good. How did LKY missed promoting you to multi-millionnaire minster. Of course it was just under-budgeting at the oneset, erring on the conversative side.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, don't make me laugh lah..I've never seen such a "international" sport event that in soccer, a country can be a rep of its continent. e.g.

Zimbabwe is the rep for Africa,
Cuba for Central & North America,
Bolivia for South America,
Vanuatu for South Pacific,
Montenegro for Europe, and
Singapore the rep of Asean..sorry..should be ASIA
Hahahaha...

Uniquely YOG !

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tuned into the "encore telecast" of the Opening Ceremony and caught a few minutes of the show, and I was impressed by it, with our night city skyline as the backdrop.

Today I caught the 3-on-3 basketball on TV, hey guess what it was an exciting game. Yes there were boring events not meant for TV, just switch channels.

Let's give our schools/ EIs a break. Yes, young children and teenagers are asked to go out there to support the YOG, but didn't we also participate in these mass events when young? No lessons, that was fun and something out of the mundane.

Second, the MSM went way overboard drumming up the hype of YOG. That surely turns off even more S'poreans.

Let's be fair in our judgement and not make molehills out of mountains.

Cheers and you cynics can fire away now... :o

:biggrin:
good to be fair, I think we should leave all participants alone, including the young volunteers, coach drivers, parents, schools, usher etc everyone. Go after Vivian instead the rest are innocent

chinchow

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i watched a bit of the swimming event the other day..to be honest, although it wasnt world std but it was nevertheless quite exciting...should watch the track and field..some of the ang mo girls are quite hot..especially in those skimpy nike outfit..

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What % of Singapore's representing althelics are from Singapore Sports School? What % should be the indication that this Sports School is indeed producing talent instead of wasting taxpayer money?

Temasek Review got statistics to write an article?

Please answer. Thank You.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're good. How did LKY missed promoting you to multi-millionnaire minster. Of course it was just under-budgeting at the oneset, erring on the conversative side.

Just to clear out some doubt as to why TS failed to make the mutli-millioaire Minister grade.

He is good at Ass licking and apple polishing but perform fairly only at boot lickng. As for guard dog duites, he failed miserably.

So he missed the grade, to make the cut.

In any case, since ppl here didn't notice. such ppl like TS make his fucking personality trait so clearly known the moment he open his mouth or post the first sentence, that even a leper can escape notice much better than TS!:biggrin: