• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the RTS, I personally think it won’t be shelved, although it may be delayed due to further reviews. If there’s no finance issue, this project is more politically beneficial to the govt of the day. Unlike the HSR which is more perhaps a ‘luxury project’ with glam appeal for business and leisure travel; the ordinary people don’t really see it as a necessity. The RTS on the other hand serves the many thousands of ordinary working-class Malaysians commuting daily to Singapore to eke out a living.
Wearing the Black Hat, if the new PH govt can get their act together, the many M'sia workers travelling to work in Sg daily now may dwindle back to the good(?) old days where traffic jams of recent years experienced during the Najib years would pass. If and a big if when that happens, RTS will be a loss making business.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RTS is actually a non-event as far as Putrajaya is concerned. There were very little discussion at federal level on this project so far. Putrajaya had already announced that all mega projects will held back and be thoroughly studied so this RTS most likely will also be scrapped officially soon.
Moreover, this project benefits only the Johor state so it don't make sense for the whole federation of states to help finance it. However, if Johor is able to finance it herself without Putrajaya's financial contribution, the RTS may materialized though chance is extremely slim. So in the end it's just another talk only no action project that made many not too smart people very happy and hopeful for the last few years.
I fully concur especially when Mahathir has always been against any co-operation with Singapore (be they good or bad) since the PAP has always been an irritable eyesore and vengeance for him. He's still living in those period when Singapore belongs to Malaysia and Malaysia is supposed to be like an "elder brother" to Singapore and hence must be fully obedient to Malaysia. Furthermore, the Johor Sultan has always been not on good terms with Mahathir, so why should he approve a large project like this which will mainly benefit the Johor state only?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR project is back again. But it will be delayed. That's what Mahathir said.

But if it is costly now, then it will be much more costly later on. So read between lines.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR project is back again. But it will be delayed. That's what Mahathir said.

But if it is costly now, then it will be much more costly later on. So read between lines.

Not if the price now is inflated to cover .........

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY is now playing hard to get, especially with Dr M in charge, threatening to walk away from the project anytime.
Their reasoning is made plain - we don't really need this project now and we don't have the money.
I would think MY will make SG / China pay more for the project.
Or they may even let SG / China finance and construct the whole project while they just provide the land for the rail and stations.
Just wait and see how it turns out.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY is now playing hard to get, especially with Dr M in charge, threatening to walk away from the project anytime.
Their reasoning is made plain - we don't really need this project now and we don't have the money.
I would think MY will make SG / China pay more for the project.
Or they may even let SG / China finance and construct the whole project while they just provide the land for the rail and stations.
Just wait and see how it turns out.

Also can do.
Just get Singapore government to pay more and China government to fund more with no pay back time for this project. If Malaysia Default, you can send in your troops to get the money. We will provide the land and China wishes to conquer SEA with your Belt and Road plan, be prepared to cough out much more and don't get Malaysia into trouble.

If not, we will not proceed with the project. Fair and square.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected, Dr M is now trying to lump the HSR negotiation with the water supply issues.
He always say SG very rich while they are poor and clearly, he is treating SG like the ATM knowing very well water is SG's lifeline.
After all the announcement they had made in MY, they have still not officially inform SG on the HSR status - to proceed, cancelled or postponed.
That's exactly what I said, playing hard to get and make you wonder what's next.
A very good chance he'll make SG pay for the whole or most of the construction while they provide the land and grant SG a concession to run and maintain the system for X nos. of years.
This way, no need to worry about profit/losses and they have a free HSR in time to come.
Just like the reservoirs in Johor.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected, Dr M is now trying to lump the HSR negotiation with the water supply issues.
He always say SG very rich while they are poor and clearly, he is treating SG like the ATM knowing very well water is SG's lifeline.
After all the announcement they had made in MY, they have still not officially inform SG on the HSR status - to proceed, cancelled or postponed.
That's exactly what I said, playing hard to get and make you wonder what's next.
A very good chance he'll make SG pay for the whole or most of the construction while they provide the land and grant SG a concession to run and maintain the system for X nos. of years.
This way, no need to worry about profit/losses and they have a free HSR in time to come.
Just like the reservoirs in Johor.
That’s typical of Malaysians. Chao kuan aka take advantage of neighbours. Be thankful if your Malaysian neighbours didn’t steal slander and harrass you just like what my Malaysian Chinese bastard neighbours did. And the most shameless thing is these Malaysians will say nothing wrong to do so!

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s typical of Malaysians. Chao kuan aka take advantage of neighbours. Be thankful if your Malaysian neighbours didn’t steal slander and harrass you just like what my Malaysian Chinese bastard neighbours did. And the most shameless thing is these Malaysians will say nothing wrong to do so!
Btw I didn’t slander Malaysians. They are real typical chao kuan will take advantage of neighbours in every way possible. They can park across the line to your house but you cannot do the same to them without them banging your car headlights. Not I say one hor from PRC workers that rented house in bukit Indah. That’s how shameless Malaysians are.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore should take this opportunity of their delay to give an ultimatum. Set a definite 1 or 2 months time frame for them to commit on their part and if there will be further delays again, the whole project will then be cancelled and annulled. After all, this MRT link to JB is mainly benefiting the Malaysians in their daily commute to work in Singapore. As Vivian had said in Parliament yesterday, "Resilience, he said, includes improving Singapore's water supply infrastructure, namely Newater and desalinated water, strengthening food security by diversifying food sources, and ensuring a strong, diversified labour market. " I take it that it's time for Singapore to wake up to the reality that Malaysia under that 93-year old bastard is no longer a friendly neighbor. Hopefully, with a diversified workforce (especially from other Asian countries), our dependent on Malaysian workers can be reduced by 75% within the next 2 years.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia seeks another RTS extension

RTS_LTA.jpg

Under the proposal, the RTS will have two stations, with the Singapore terminus located at Woodlands North (pictured) and the Malaysia terminus at Bukit Chagar.
PHOTO: Land Transport Authority

The Star/Asia News Network

Oct 31, 2019

KUALA LUMPUR - There will still be no decision today (Oct 31) by the Malaysian government on the Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link project.
Despite the pressing need for the proposed Johor Baru-Singapore connection and the possibility of a hefty compensation payable to Singapore, Malaysia is seeking another six-month extension to review the RM4billion (S$1.3 billion) project.
This is the third request for more time.

The initial six-month grace period approved by Singapore expired on Sep 30.

This was followed by a one-month extension granted by the republic, which meant that the Malaysian government was to have made a decision by today.

The extra time was given without Singapore making any financial demands over the delay in the project.

Officials told The Star that the latest request for a six-month extension was made known to Singapore on Monday - 48 hours before today's deadline.

It was learned that the Transport Ministry was still unable to resolve certain issues on its side, prompting the need for more time for the review.

These issues include the relocation of the RTS depot, currently proposed to be in Singapore, and the rail system to be used.

An official said Singapore could reserve the right to backdate claims for damages relating to the delay, or even reduce the review period sought by Malaysia.

Work on the 4km link was suspended in May.

The proposed RTS will use the same rolling stock and signalling system as Singapore's Thomson-East Coast line Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system.

According to one official, some observers said that an MRT system was costlier to build and maintain, and Malaysia could be looking for a less sophisticated system to bring down the cost of the project.

Last month, The Star reported that Malaysia was studying the option of getting the private sector to fund and operate the RTS.

The request for a further extension is expected to set off a storm in Johor, where officials have been pressing for an expedited resolution to the issue due to worsening congestion at the Causeway.

At present, more than 367,000 people use the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex daily, with 254,000 of them at the Johor Baru side and 113,000 at the Second Link.

In unveiling Budget 2020 on Oct 11, Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng announced that the government would proceed with the RTS project.

Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad confirmed this but said "it will take some time".

Both governments signed a bilateral agreement last year to build the cross-border MRT link from Woodlands in Singapore to Bukit Chagar in Johor to help alleviate congestion at the Causeway.

Under the proposal, the RTS will have two stations, with the Singapore terminus located at Woodlands North and the Malaysia terminus at Bukit Chagar.

Both stations will have co-located Singaporean and Malaysian customs, immigration and quarantine facilities.

Initially targeted for completion by Dec 31, 2024, the RTS will be the second rail link between the two countries after the KTM Tebrau shuttle service.

However, the agreement with Singapore spells out that the KTM shuttle train service will have to cease operating within six months after the RTS starts operating.

Should Malaysia choose to scrap the RTS project, it may have to pay Singapore up to RM200million for the preparatory work that the republic has done on its side.