• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I've read, if without the Asset Co, the Malaysian government will then have the right to award any works and operations without a public tender. There will then be no transparency and will lead to those contracts being given only to their cronies.

Initially, they had put the blame on Singapore for not allowing a station at KLIA. I can agree that this should not be under the jurisdiction of Singapore as it is in their land and costs. They can insist and see if Singapore will eventually pull out of this project so as to avoid paying any compensation to Singapore. However, this extension to KLIA may not be strong enough to provoke Singapore to cancel it altogether. So, both parties thereby agree to put the reason for the pulling out due to the disagreement on setting up the Asset Co in order to save face for both parties.

Last edited:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
By walking away the SG government likely avoided many dispute and prolong court case in the future. Current generation can only be contended with just the RTS hopefully it will run by end 2026.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If HSR move through, Singapore will be fucked. You can imagine all these mudlasian travelling all the way to work from KL and work in Singapore. 5 days work week and seriously depressing the wage of Singaporean.
Plus the rental market like Singapore will simply hollow out. Reason is simple.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
If HSR move through, Singapore will be fucked. You can imagine all these mudlasian travelling all the way to work from KL and work in Singapore. 5 days work week and seriously depressing the wage of Singaporean.

Fares from KL to spore not cheap. Doubt Msians wld travel to n fro daily. So may rent in spore. So benefit spreans rental income. But detrimental to most sporeans seeking jobs.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fares from KL to spore not cheap. Doubt Msians wld travel to n fro daily. So may rent in spore. So benefit spreans rental income. But detrimental to most sporeans seeking jobs.
Those seeking jobs in Singapore from KL can easily stay in Johore, travel to and fro to work.
BeforeCovid, there are tens and thousands of motorcyclist thronging the causeway daily.If HSR will to come through, rental for HDB will be flat as these group of people will again move to Johor and seek to have better alternative place to stay. The property price of Johor will go up and leaving Singapore grasping for breath. I have been told those expat working in woodlands or Tuas area has been daily commuting from johor to Singapore daily using car pool. With HSR, it's definitely much better for this group of people.

Overall, it does not benefit Singapore at all.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those seeking jobs in Singapore from KL can easily stay in Johore, travel to and fro to work.
BeforeCovid, there are tens and thousands of motorcyclist thronging the causeway daily.If HSR will to come through, rental for HDB will be flat as these group of people will again move to Johor and seek to have better alternative place to stay. The property price of Johor will go up and leaving Singapore grasping for breath. I have been told those expat working in woodlands or Tuas area has been daily commuting from johor to Singapore daily using car pool. With HSR, it's definitely much better for this group of people.

The HSR won't play much in this aspect. The future MRT Link (RTS) between JB and Woodlands will even facilitate this even more.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If ur opinion holds true, then HSR materialise or otherwise it doesnt matter. Cos Msians from other states would still come to work in Sinkieland and rent in JB.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If ur opinion holds true, then HSR materialise or otherwise it doesnt matter. Cos Msians from other states would still come to work in Sinkieland and rent in JB.
This is what is happening before covid. Large swath of workers swarm the causeway day in and night out. If HSR are to realize, people from KL and possibility Penang will just come over and make it even more crowded. There should be some form of labor protection against such a large workforce rushing in and out of Singapore.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what is happening before covid. Large swath of workers swarm the causeway day in and night out. If HSR are to realize, people from KL and possibility Penang will just come over and make it even more crowded. There should be some form of labor protection against such a large workforce rushing in and out of Singapore.

I look at it tis way. Having encountered sm fm Penang/Kl workg here. If Msians other than johoreans wishes to seek employment in sinkieland, they dont have to wait for HSR. Afterall they are not going hm everyday. If fares r cheap, then i would say HSR really benefits them. May rtd hm everyday or alternate days. Now exchange rate attractive. With current covid...unemployment high. Msians seeking jobs here will cm by the tons tampa Hsr.:smile:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I look at it tis way. Having encountered sm fm Penang/Kl workg here. If Msians other than johoreans wishes to seek employment in sinkieland, they dont have to wait for HSR. Afterall they are not going hm everyday. If fares r cheap, then i would say HSR really benefits them. May rtd hm everyday or alternate days. Now exchange rate attractive. With current covid...unemployment high. Msians seeking jobs here will cm by the tons tampa Hsr.:smile:
That's why HSR will benefit them much more. The pull to seek employment in will be much higher.
Imagine they just work in the day and travel bk to spend their money at night and weekend. This represent a leakage of income for Singapore.

How is opening up employment opportunities for these group of people benefit Singapore as a whole, with them earning high and spending low? Can Malaysian govt open up their land for us, like local Singaporean can travel in and out freely?

Plus currently, these GRP of people has been forced to seek a shelter here in Singapore and can't travel bk and forth like they used to. This represent a huge income opportunity for HDB owners. In turn, the value of HDB get a much needed injection previously lacking from these group of people.

So you see employment of these foreigners must also benefit the common people on the street with increased occupancy rate in properties and spending from these group of people. Pop and mum stall benefitted. The supermarket benefitted.

I am all for these group of people working here. But if they just want to earn the maximum but spend almost nothing or minimum in Singapore to reap gigantic benefit, I think we have a problem. Vice versa, if Malaysia allow hundred and thousand of Singapore to cross causeway and make a living. I think the Malaysian will also make a lot of noise too.

If we allow foreigners and PR obtain trade license easily in Singapore, like housing agent license or insurance agent license. It is not protecting citizen rights and benefit too. Does Malaysia govt allow Singaporean become agent in their home country?

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why HSR will benefit them much more. The pull to seek employment in will be much higher.
Imagine they just work in the day and travel bk to spend their money at night and weekend. This represent a leakage of income for Singapore.

How is opening up employment opportunities for these group of people benefit Singapore as a whole, with them earning high and spending low? Can Malaysian govt open up their land for us, like local Singaporean can travel in and out freely?

Plus currently, these GRP of people has been forced to seek a shelter here in Singapore and can't travel bk and forth like they used to. This represent a huge income opportunity for HDB owners. In turn, the value of HDB get a much needed injection previously lacking from these group of people.

So you see employment of these foreigners must also benefit the common people on the street with increased occupancy rate in properties and spending from these group of people. Pop and mum stall benefitted. The supermarket benefitted.

I am all for these group of people working here. But if they just want to earn the maximum but spend almost nothing or minimum in Singapore to reap gigantic benefit, I think we have a problem. Vice versa, if Malaysia allow hundred and thousand of Singapore to cross causeway and make a living. I think the Malaysian will also make a lot of noise too.

If we allow foreigners and PR obtain trade license easily in Singapore, like housing agent license or insurance agent license. It is not protecting citizen rights and benefit too. Does Malaysia govt allow Singaporean become agent in their home country?

U cant really stop them fm coming here seeking jobs. As long as exchange rate above 2.5, Msians will come by tons. Like i said i had handle many cases of Msans fm other states seeking jobs here. Non Johoreans. Some were professional holding SP and EP. They are street smart. They knew how to go about looking jobs here...HSR or otherwise. Yes, with HSR, there may be some increase of Msians seeking jobs here. But i believe MOM already placed a quota for FTs.

Called me selfish...so be it. I dont like foreigners competing and stealing jobs fm local. I makan gaji. So those FTs dont benefit me at all. Infact due to them our cost of living went up! Bus, Mrt jammed packed!

As for Msia policy, i cant comment much. They can implement watever they wish. Same for our garment. But too bad our garment pro foreigners. Whereas Msia are pro Msians. Alot of our garment policies favours foreigners/ Msians. Even without permit, they could still come and work in Sinkieland!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the situation is better for both sides. Just focus on the RTS.. The HSR benefits perhaps more for Malaysia.. don't think it does anything for Singapore..RTS is more critical for both Johor and Singapore

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

With or without HSR.
Foreigners is here to come and stay.
Because Singapore government welcome them.
There is nothing to stop them

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With or without HSR.
Foreigners is here to come and stay.
Because Singapore government welcome them.
There is nothing to stop them

Yes. Only Msians have such good privileges. Their 60/90 days rule already been abused by Msians seeking jobs (without permit) in Sinkieland. ICA knew and garment knew about it. No complain. No investigation. Simple as tat.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Only Msians have such good privileges. Their 60/90 days rule already been abused by Msians seeking jobs (without permit) in Sinkieland. ICA knew and garment knew about it. No complain. No investigation. Simple as tat.
This is life here.
The pink NRIC does not mean much