• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to cure dry cough?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, try my soup. Simple and easy.

2 apple
2 pear
almond seed 1 tea spoon
dry dates (But I prefer dry fig)
some spare ribs
salt for the taste

Cut the apple and pear into cubes.
Then put everything in and boil for 45 minutes. The soup soothes coughing, especially your lungs.

Thank you buddy :biggrin:

pinkpanther7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kanina, still coughing since my last trip, want to cough out the phlegm also dun have, go air con room or smokey places keep coughing and coughing until my chest damn pain....

Alamaking, few years back I used to have cough similar to what you described which lasted few months off and on. Went to see few doctors, x-ray,etc .. without any cure.

Finally, I happened to meet this old Canadian French priest who noticed my cough and he gave me this recipe:

1) mix Brandy and hot water (ratio1:1)
2) add a table spoon of honey
3) drink all up
4) Go to bed (keep yourself warm)

I tried this and next morning the cough just disappear. Since then I swear by this cough recipe. Try it, may just work for you too.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro

the last time i had that it was so bad i actually woke up in my sleep coughing and out of breath....like asthma attack

Anywaysi just drank a glass of warm ginger water 3 times a day and one more time before i sleep. It all depends whether its a "cooling" cough or not. if it is then this ginger water "cure" will help ease that.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you tried Robitussin cough syrups?

There are 2 types - one for chesty cough and one for chesty cough with congested nose.

The one for chesty cough with congested nose always work for me. You can get them at Guardian.