• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of you start with CHIPS in life ? Uncle ZERO!!!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically there are 2 types of poor people. One due to misfortune and these are the people we want to help. The other type due to attitude and mindset. These deserved to rot. There are old folks who tried to make a living collecting carton box and those who live like a leech even though they are young and abled. Always join in the fray when someone blames the gov.

How to help. Teach a man to fish or give them a fish?

jw5

Loyal
Basically there are 2 types of poor people. One due to misfortune and these are the people we want to help. The other type due to attitude and mindset. These deserved to rot.

Yes, and the problem with the pap government is that they tend to help the latter more than the former, simply because the latter types make much more noise.
Go to an mps and kpkb and they get food and grocery vouchers. This will allow them to use their money to buy plasma tvs.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, i respect you! *salute*:o

I was born to wealth, with 5Cs all at my disposal the day I could utter my first words, but my family was bankrupted by a series of incidents where trust was misplaced.

I remember studying for PSLE under a candlelight as had no money to pay for electricity and having to illegally take water from the public taps for toothbrushing and a simple drink.

Changi Airport was my location of choice for studying my O levels and Poly.

I have no hero story to say how I turned things around and came out tops or that I ate a lot of salt, but I know I am far better off now.

Truth be told, the person that I am today was largely because of an anonymous benefactor who has since, I am told, carried this secret to his grave; A large portion of my overseas education was paid by him and it was seen to that my family would not go hungry while I was away.

Which has since inspired me to act kindly and unconditionally to many of the less fortunate that would occansionally cross my path till today.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
what chips? you mean when you are born, the family wealth is chips?

i have no chips. just have some childhood friends till now. but that is my type of chip.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Go to an mps and kpkb and they get food and grocery vouchers.

bro,

think you just pointed out why the incumbent set high hurdles to those whom call out for aid.

anyway, me saw the program on CNA, featuring this local group called "Willing Hearts", and they showed those who really needed help. thought they could also feature the elderly & sick who need our care.