• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of you start with CHIPS in life ? Uncle ZERO!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"We make sure that everybody starts with some chips in life, you don't start with zero. If you're poor in Singapore, it's no fun, but I think you're less badly off than in any other country in the world, including in the US," said Mr Lee.

How many of you started life with chips in life. Uncle came in naked - no chips,no golden spoon,poor like shit.....then started the hard and tough life...kana whacked left and right...head and toe....nanbeh.....how many of you lucky to start with chips...golden chips....white horses to ride and to play with....

how many...kie chiew!!!!....how many got silver spoons?....kie chiew!!!!!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came in zero too. Work like shit and climb to what I am today. Not ultra successful but on track.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I came in zero too. Work like shit and climb to what I am today. Not ultra successful but on track.

congrats!!! well done!!!...why PM talk about having chips to start life....those with no chips surely die lah like that....and those with plenty of chips surely succeed lah...
how can he say such a thing in Davos!!!....

how many more here started life with No Chips...kie chiew!!!!!!!!

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Kopiuncle, me too. Me born at end of war, didn't know whether Singapore would become whose colony. Then in teenage, became Malaysian for 2 years after being conned by you know who. Then you know who lost his Malaysian misadventure and I became Singaporean. Now you know who kept all my CPF to let his daughter in law gamble in stockmarket, paying out to me a few hundred dollars per month only like donating charity to beggar. :mad:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sorry to learn about your chips kana lost. now old uncle also got no more chips...all stored away...or stowed alway...also don't know. but there're many who have so many chips and they still want to eat some more chips..eat and eat and eat until stomach explodes....fair or not? many more are more with no chips...some with no limbs and many born with no heads also....sad hor.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What chips? Nada. Not even now.

But I consider myself lucky. Born and lived during time of peace. Both parents worked (don't know if that's good or bad, but like to think it was for the better) and provided me an education; which I am thankful even though I did not use it (the paper, that is). No problem finding employment. Not rich, but enough to pull by, so far. Nowadays, more concerned with maintaining me health and be able to work till me kid grows up and get married. Then I want to go. No point in proloning life beyond that.

Cheers!

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was born to wealth, with 5Cs all at my disposal the day I could utter my first words, but my family was bankrupted by a series of incidents where trust was misplaced.

I remember studying for PSLE under a candlelight as had no money to pay for electricity and having to illegally take water from the public taps for toothbrushing and a simple drink.

Changi Airport was my location of choice for studying my O levels and Poly.

I have no hero story to say how I turned things around and came out tops or that I ate a lot of salt, but I know I am far better off now.

Truth be told, the person that I am today was largely because of an anonymous benefactor who has since, I am told, carried this secret to his grave; A large portion of my overseas education was paid by him and it was seen to that my family would not go hungry while I was away.

Which has since inspired me to act kindly and unconditionally to many of the less fortunate that would occansionally cross my path till today.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I start off with FISH and CHIPS.

Mmmm OISHII!

fish-and-chips.jpg

Bak chor mee
Mee Siam Mai Hum
Chai Tow Kway
Fish and Chips

Fuck these PAP politicians... they make me hungry!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We make sure that everybody starts with some chips in life, you don't start with zero. If you're poor in Singapore, it's no fun, but I think you're less badly off than in any other country in the world, including in the US," said Mr Lee.

This is a disgusting piece of comment from a person who has never ever been thru a day of hardship and poverty in his life..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a disgusting piece of comment from a person who has never ever been thru a day of hardship and poverty in his life..

America has social welfare, which is not a dirty word.

The PAP talks about 'strengthening the social safety net', but it is just talk, and little or no action.

http://www.cabinet.gov.sg/content/cabinet/appointments/mr_lee_hsien_loong.html

Mr Lee’s Government is also strengthening Singapore’s social safety nets. Significant measures include the Workfare Incentive Scheme, which is a negative income tax to encourage and reward older, low-income workers, and Community Care (ComCare), an endowment fund to support a wide range of welfare and social programmes targeted at the poor.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+...nt/Insurance/Story/A1Story20080213-49348.html

CPF annuities scheme will offer members 12 options

ONCE they turn 55, Singaporeans can choose from one of 12 annuity plans available to them under a new scheme unveiled yesterday.

But they will be unable to change their decision thereafter, even if their circumstances change.

Explaining why, National Longevity Insurance Committee chairman Lim Pin said:

'Once you opt, then it (the premiums) will go into a pool, and that pool has to be fixed because the pooling is very important for the whole scheme.

'If you come in one day and go out another, the pool becomes variable, you cannot calculate how much money to pay out. It's a danger. It's an administrative problem. It's a kind of contract, a kind of insurance policy contract.'

2612P_1ZZZ.png

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about our dearly beloved Wooden Puppet who started with no chips but now eating lots of Peanuts?:rolleyes: