• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of you are prepared to pay $800 for this watch ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
c53734772-ac-6462xf5x0600x0539-m.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main design is alright but totally destroyed by the outer frame and the childishly big "12" inside and "6" outside. And I don't advise buying watches with leather straps, not for the humid tropics.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main design is alright but totally destroyed by the outer frame and the childishly big "12" inside and "6" outside. And I don't advise buying watches with leather straps, not for the humid tropics.

Exactly the same design and material used but brand Casio and this watch will be worth max $200. Dunhill brand name costs extra $600.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly the same design and material used but brand Casio and this watch will be worth max $200. Dunhill brand name costs extra $600.

I like Casio too. Their simple digital watches are the best if you want timing precision. I wonder what's the Rolex, Omega, PP so-called movement and clockwork mechanism for? Frankly, neither idiots nor geniuses can tell exactly accurate time by 1/10th min. or 1/100th min. by looking at them. Most can't and don't even synchronise the hour, min. and sec. hands on the dial to any degree of decent accuracy. These are dress watches. But I like Rolex, as a dress watch of course. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like Casio too. Their simple digital watches are the best if you want timing precision. I wonder what's the Rolex, Omega, PP so-called movement and clockwork mechanism for? Frankly, neither idiots nor geniuses can tell exactly accurate time by 1/10th min. or 1/100th min. by looking at them. Most can't and don't even synchronise the hour, min. and sec. hands on th dial to any degree of decent accuracy. These are dress watches. But I like Rolex, as a dress watch of course. :biggrin:

Branded watches serve another purpose - enhance status. I was told MM wears a Casio. That's why I avoid Casio watches!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Branded watches serve another purpose - enhance status. I was told MM wears a Casio. That's why I avoid Casio watches!

I also heard that he was gifted a Casio in the 70s by a Casio Jap rep and has been wearing Casio ever since. He was very pleased that the gift's value fall under "unacceptable" bracket and the Casio business model. Casio distributors were given practicall free hand to flood the Singapore market. But LKY or no LKY, Casio is cheap and good for it's function, i.e. to tell time. It's not ugly too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also heard that he was gifted a Casio in the 70s by a Casio Jap rep and has been wearing Casio ever since. He was very pleased that the gift's value fall under "unacceptable" bracket and the Casio business model. Casio distributors were given practicall free hand to flood the Singapore market.

MM loves things Japanese except Japanese 'abalone'.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro ,Not all people wear timepiece for
Status . I do collect watches too .

Apologies, I forgot there are those who collect watches as either a hobby or investment. I have 2 friends who are into this. Was also told Shanmugam is into watches.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Apologies, I forgot there are those who collect watches as either a hobby or investment. I have 2 friends who are into this. Was also told Shanmugam is into watches.

Really ? He also collect timepiece ? Don't need to apologies , I believed you overlook the prospect of timepiece .

Yes , I collect it because of their history , design , movement , rarity ,and investments potential ....ect .

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a Rolex and a S&T (Andy Lau 天長地久 edition). Don't be impressed. The Rolex was a gift and the S&T (despite Andy Lau endorsement) cost less than S$300 after hefty discount (probably because Andy Lau switched endorsement to another brand, can't remember the name, think C-something). These are more than enough for me anyway. I don't collect watches. The Casio my Jap ex-GF gave me was lost at a swimming pool. Don't think she's cheapskate giving me Casio "only," she was then a Casio manager, she wouldn't give any other watch.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

your statement reminds me of someone who actually paid 900k for a space age watch and still manage to spoil it and now still sitting in his house as junk.:biggrin:

Amazing these elites does when they have lots of money to spend.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your statement reminds me of someone who actually paid 900k for a space age watch and still manage to spoil it and now still sitting in his house as junk.:biggrin:

Amazing these elites does when they have lots of money to spend.

Honestly, I have not heard or seen a 900k watch. Whoever bought this watch must be a billionaire.