• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How long can you last if you were to lose your job?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are too many variables on how long one can last. Bear in mind that usually when one lose their job, their expenditures will be greatly reduced as compared to when they are working (provided that person is a non gambler).
When you calculated can last 8 mths, in actual fact usually can last to a year ..But with so many foreign influx, the probability of landing a decent job is greatly reduced. So in order to last longer, we should try to do some part time jobs, e.g. packing, delivery etc at least can earn some money for makan and bills.
I quit my jobs many times without finding another, usually I will do some part time jobs and slowly find a decent one.

I quit my jobs many times without finding another, usually I will do some part time jobs and slowly find a decent one.

This would be alright when you are young, however, once you hit 40 and above, it would get more difficult.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The PAP can't follow the Scandinavian countries as their grip on power will be seriously dented when people have time to participate in the governing of their country. The Scandinavian model creates a society where everyone can achieve middle-class existence, with work-life balance and time to have other pursuits outside work. You are living instead of existing.

The Singapore government cannot follow Scandinavian countries because they are governing Singaporeans whereas in Scandinavian countries, they're governing Scandinavians. I have emphasised this many times over. Singaporeans are not Scandinavians.

The way a society is governed depends largely upon the nature of the society not the nature of the government. Elected governments are simply a reflection of society not the other way round.

As Scandinavian countries start filling up with more and more refugees from 3rd world countries with 3rd world IQs and attitudes, the Scandinavian governments are going to have to severely cut back on the generous welfare system because it will no longer be sustainable. In other words, Scandinavia will have to become more like Singapore in order to prevent the countries there from going bankrupt.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Singapore government cannot follow Scandinavian countries because they are governing Singaporeans whereas in Scandinavian countries, they're governing Scandinavians. I have emphasised this many times over. Singaporeans are not Scandinavians.

The way a society is governed depends largely upon the nature of the society not the nature of the government. Elected governments are simply a reflection of society not the other way round.

As Scandinavian countries start filling up with more and more refugees from 3rd world countries with 3rd world IQs and attitudes, the Scandinavian governments are going to have to severely cut back on the generous welfare system because it will no longer be sustainable. In Other words, Scandinavia will have to become more like Singapore in order to prevent the countries there from going bankrupt.

You think like a sinkee. I think the Scandinavian governments are smart enough to know how to manage the growth of the refugees. The citizens will demand that the government limit the growth of refugees and the government will respond.
The sinkapore model is not exportable or usable in democracy.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You think like a sinkee. I think the Scandinavian governments are smart enough to know how to manage the growth of the refugees. The citizens will demand that the government limit the growth of refugees and the government will respond.
The sinkapore model is not exportable or usable in democracy.

They have not managed the growth of refugees well at all. The Stockholm riots were a manifestation of how badly things have gone wrong when a social compact designed for Scandinavians is overrun with refugees from Somalia, Sudan and other countries with inferior gene pools.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/sep/24/sweden-immigration-far-right-asylum

The reason is plain. Maria pointed across the dual carriageway to the neighbouring housing scheme of Rosengård, known locally as "the ghetto".

It is home to almost 20,000 immigrants, overwhelmingly Muslim, almost half of them jobless.

"It's become crazy around here. You can't go out in the evening," said Maria, who like other locals, did not want her surname revealed. "I've got nothing against foreigners. I've been married to a Bulgarian for 40 years. But these people don't share our values. If you don't like the colour of our flag, I say, I'll help you pack your bags."

Another resident, running a minicab service, remained loyal to the centre-left, but said: "Åkesson's right. Enough is enough. Even in the jungles of Africa, they don't know where Sweden is, but they know they can come here, get money and not need to work. I came so close to voting for Sweden Democrats. Maybe the next time."

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are better condition compare to other. More than 50% cannot last 6 month. Every month waiting for salary to pay bill. Late few day payment salary KPKB.

I think you referring to the yuppies right, yuppies generally have higher pay and they crave a higher lifestyle, into the latest gadgets, that's why have no savings but they have no commitment like a mortgage.

I only realized when I felt the danger. I think these days competition also creeping into the office, I think there is politicking and backstabbing coming up. The mortgage loan beginning to look scary to me. I think I wasted a few years being comfortable and I am beginning to feel like an idiot for not planning earlier.

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I am not the sort to be able to pick up new skills. I am in late 30s. Besides i have been with the job for some time and i don't think there is enough time to devote to anything else. I guess I was lucky did not end up buying the car I wanted to have. Strange how things works out, I think I have to start relooking at my expenses.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It is imperative that from day one of your first job, you start planning to achieve financial independence before 40.

As the years go by, the urgency and focus towards achieving this quest must intensify.

Once financial independence has been achieved, you can then sit back and relax and go into cruise mode with the knowledge that you are no longer beholden to anyone else but yourself.

Read my retirement sticky for more details.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think I am not the sort to be able to pick up new skills. I am in late 30s. Besides i have been with the job for some time and i don't think there is enough time to devote to anything else. I guess I was lucky did not end up buying the car I wanted to have. Strange how things works out, I think I have to start relooking at my expenses.

While looking at the expenses is a good start.
Making more is more important, whether by means of passive income, start your own business, etc.

After all, you can only pare down so much.
Daily expenses, allowances to the parents, utilities, S and C charges, phone bills, basic transportation (hopefully the MRT don't breakdown) needs, etc, need to be taken care off.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Neither.. I got a brain and a pair of balls.

That's right. But they grew at the wrong place :biggrin:

33ktcvs.jpg

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
you make a mistake for being an employee. The market is against you for achieving financial well being. Be self-employed or run a business, this is much safer and you will be richer and more secure.

Fucktard talking shit again. Everyone knows you depend on the tips you get from pimping out your wife.