• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How is your experience with MCE?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
sheares bridge is actually planned future for heavy vehicle and bus..that what i heard.
but looking at these 2 days traffic, i believed it might end up like a white elephant like marina barrage.
they might be force to operate both sheares bridge and mce to run concurrently

We laughed at the Thais when Sivarnabumi opened and they still had to keep Don Muang for commercial flights because of the snafus in the new airport. This will be the Singapore equivalent. The government and civil service is gradually becoming more high tech but less competent. A sure sign of a shortage of experience leading to a lack of common sense and an over dependence on computer models.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
If ambulance or SCDF vehicles are stuck in a jam inside there, good luck! :cool:

The truth is the MCE was totally unnecessary, all you get is a nice view of inside the tunnel and a detour route around the huge golf course.

The MCE is a result of a petty land grab in order to join up the old CBD and the Marina Bay Financial Centre. It is an irrational decision, a vanity project to feed the ego of some moron. There's nothing wrong with two separate CBDs which are already very close to each other and mutually linked by a network of roads and underground walkways.

There is nothing wrong with building the MCE as an additional option for motorists wanting to get from AYE to ECP or vice versa, in order to alleviate traffic conditions. But they had to grab that piece of land, and truncate that crucial portion of the existing ECP.

mce.jpg

We are watching the decline of a mini-Roman empire. Vanity projects galore with questionable returns. The Jewel anybody ? The only beneficiaries are thousands of minions in the ministries who are kept busy with glamorous make-work and the honchos of the GLCs who mint fortunes from all this. The loss of productivity from these couple of days alone must run into millions. Thousands trapped in cars. Fuel needlessly burnt. Frayed tempers. WTF.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are watching the decline of a mini-Roman empire. Vanity projects galore with questionable returns. The Jewel anybody ? The only beneficiaries are thousands of minions in the ministries who are kept busy with glamorous make-work and the honchos of the GLCs who mint fortunes from all this. The loss of productivity from these couple of days alone must run into millions. Thousands trapped in cars. Fuel needlessly burnt. Frayed tempers. WTF.

Money, money & more money...huat! for the Whities...this morning new year's eve ( 31 Dec 2013), accident on MCE....traffic is slower than the turtle....more jams, more usage of petrol, more money for the oil cartels, more taxes for the....do not forget, the Every Day Rob People.....huat!....

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MCE: fuck up or success

why fix something which is not even broken.,....

i cant wait when the full force of the pwabye FT population and create an even greater cluster fuck when the holiday season is over....

guaranteed gridlock and more fuckups...................

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Re: MCE: fuck up or success

why fix something which is not even broken.,....

i cant wait when the full force of the pwabye FT population and create an even greater cluster fuck when the holiday season is over....

guaranteed gridlock and more fuckups...................

I am sure there are some "kickbacks" from this 4.3 BILLION project...wonder who are the beneficiaries ... :rolleyes:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am sure there are some "kickbacks" from this 4.3 BILLION project...wonder who are the beneficiaries ... :rolleyes:

just like the unaccounted for 400 mil from the so called youth olympics....

all look at you look at me ...dunno wtf happened to all that money....

ccb

Masturbation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WASTED $4.3 BILLION of public funds to satisfy its own PAP EGO. The same will be for another few BILLIONS thrown into stupid Project Jewel for Changi Airport.

Invest in people..education and not these rubbish WHITE ELEPHANTS!

Prudence? MY LANCHIAO laffing too...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Masturbation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MCE = More Congestion Expressway!

Thats what MCE is doing for this Cuntry!
PAP WASTING PUBLIC FUNDS to create more congestion then install and up ERP prices to siphon money from people!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is this going to be, another isolate incident? The shit papers tone is, blame the stupid motorists who can not read signs, despite the write up in the papers & on TV & in the internet...they still cannot navigate the MCE...they are so STUPID!! & now LTA have to install more signs.

When school starts & the new year 2014 is on the way.....the stupid motorists is going to get lost on MCE...it is your fault...why you never read signs!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when change comes, line up all the corrupted bastards and make them pay.....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Re: MCE = More Congestion Expressway!

Nice way to describe a super white elephant expressway built by the dumb scholars :biggrin: