• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How is your experience with MCE?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is precisely what our scholar in ivory had planned for, MCE jam? Tsk tsk tsk,need to force peasant folks to take trunk road,btw, exorbitant ERP charges justified itself.

A simple directional sign like MBS/Raffles place,LauPaSat beside Marina coast would be helpful.

LTA probably dry run with MP,ministers in their chaffeured luxury sedan.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
carbon monoxide no worries.
carbon monoxide sensors gas are interlock to giant exhaust fans that ducted all the way out to the atmosphere.
air pump in..no worries.
giant fresh air fans are operate 24hrs a day (lower speed at nite ) to supply oxygen for your car combustion and for human to breath.

7 pm...knnn...massive massive jam in mce..inching at 15km/h

How is the air inside the MCE tunnel??
Have u open the window?? And feel it???
Wrong design and giant fan not working as theory predicted.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If ambulance or SCDF vehicles are stuck in a jam inside there, good luck! :cool:

The truth is the MCE was totally unnecessary, all you get is a nice view of inside the tunnel and a detour route around the huge golf course.

The MCE is a result of a petty land grab in order to join up the old CBD and the Marina Bay Financial Centre. It is an irrational decision, a vanity project to feed the ego of some moron. There's nothing wrong with two separate CBDs which are already very close to each other and mutually linked by a network of roads and underground walkways.

There is nothing wrong with building the MCE as an additional option for motorists wanting to get from AYE to ECP or vice versa, in order to alleviate traffic conditions. But they had to grab that piece of land, and truncate that crucial portion of the existing ECP.

mce.jpg

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid LTA and gov.
Even child also know how to connect MCE to ECP.
Connection MCE to ECP and ECP to MCE are the idiot ideas.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5 lanes MCE becomes 2 lanes filter to ECP... what an engineering feat!

May I ask what happens if there is an accident somewhere along that 2 lanes ECP exit?

Design engineers have alot to answer. CEO must be held accountable. It is a very serious design mistake that cannot be ratified.

This evening,traffic was light by normal standard but the tunnel was jammed at the fort road exit. Can't imagine when holiday is over and traffic is back in full force. Those going ecp towards the east in the evening are doomed

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

open up window for?i wouldnt do such silly act.
1)fan not running...possible.
2)wrong design for traffic..yes
3) fans wrong design...unlikely. they got many layer of T&C and redundancy

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can they operate sheares bridge for suntec,aye bound and MCE for marina, raffles place?

sheares bridge is actually planned future for heavy vehicle and bus..that what i heard.
but looking at these 2 days traffic, i believed it might end up like a white elephant like marina barrage.
they might be force to operate both sheares bridge and mce to run concurrently

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid LTA and gov.
Even child also know how to connect MCE to ECP.
Connection MCE to ECP and ECP to MCE are the idiot ideas.

the most stupid design is i need to exit tunnel to enter cbd then route back to rochor road to have my bowl of hot turtle soup.knn
the high ranks are now all having 11pm urgent meeting at HQ
lee will bang the table asking for an answer
josep yeo will still say massive engineering feat

Last edited: