• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How does handphone manufacturer know who to push software updates to?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But my friend received the updates else I wouldn't know there is a new update mah
Maybe is due to
1. The updates is only for those 512gb users (unlikely)
2. My checking of updates somehow always goto a lousy server
. Sian lah
no such thing as always goto lousy server. you keep going to lousy lau kway bu at petain?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are billions of smartphones in this world and it is still a puzzle to me on the algorithm they use to form the client and server relationships. Becos they will not know what phones I'm using unless it does a probe which means apple will need to probe me too in order to know I'm not a apple user and hence will not send updates to me.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are billions of smartphones in this world and it is still a puzzle to me on the algorithm they use to form the client and server relationships. Becos they will not know what phones I'm using unless it does a probe which means apple will need to probe me too in order to know I'm not a apple user and hence will not send updates to me.

I think every phone has a unique IMEI number. I think they know. :wink:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes as mentioned several times, everything is the same except the storage space mine is 256gb whereas his is 512gb.
Then it's your internal settings about receiving updates. In the case of Android, settings, software update.