• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How does chloroform smell like ?

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Thai TV dramas, the use of chloroform and handkerchief to smother women was a common plot.

Is anyone able to describe the smell of chloroform? I'm very curious how smell can knock a person unconscious.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thai TV dramas, the use of chloroform and handkerchief to smother women was a common plot.

Is anyone able to describe the smell of chloroform? I'm very curious how smell can knock a person unconscious.

It's very sweet smelling. To knock people out unconcious within one or two sniffs, that's chloroform concentrate. Yes, no fiction. It could do that. Imagine sniffing glue, the kind of solid thinner smell, chloroform concentrate is several times sweeter and more powerful. Nobody could get addicted to it like glue though, since it's too powerful and knock people out without seconds, instead of allowing lingering high for hours.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the moment u smell chloroform u would become unconscious so no one knows the smell.

Not really. When the victim wakes up after the effect wears off, s/he can recall the inhaling of the pungently sweet smell that knocked him/her out cold.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very sweet smelling. To knock people out unconcious within one or two sniffs, that's chloroform concentrate. Yes, no fiction. It could do that. Imagine sniffing glue, the kind of solid thinner smell, chloroform concentrate is several times sweeter and more powerful. Nobody could get addicted to it like glue though, since it's too powerful and knock people out without seconds, instead of allowing lingering high for hours.

Sweet ? Have you sniffed it before ?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really. When the victim wakes up after the effect wears off, s/he can recall the inhaling of the pungently sweet smell that knocked him/her out cold.

how do u know?
u ever smell it before?
but when she wakes up she would remember the pain of rape more than the smell. right?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

will the victim suffer brain damage?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but when she wakes up she would remember the pain of rape more than the smell. right?

No. I don't need to use it rape women. I don't need to rape women. They come onto my bed voluntarily. I used to arrest rapists.

In any case, yes, I got a whiff of it before, not an upclose sniff. I've interviewed victims before, they do recall the smell.

It's illegal to use that on people in Singapore for the purpose of rape or kidnap. Jail, rotan and possible death penalty too.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember chloroform is used for autopsy the frog in our sec 1 biology experiment. The smell is one kind of 'sweet' scent.

Please do not think of using it to illegal purpose becos it could kill a person if the amount is excessive or the person has medical problem.

Use it to rape could be found in the drama or in your dreams, but never never try to actually practise so.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not so kua zhang as to smell you will be unconscience immediately. i see it everyday as i am organic chemist. and i do not really give a fuck when i smell it actually even when using it as a sovlent sometimes, although normally people try to avoid it as its known to cause cancer.

if its that bad i will be fainting everyday.

btw, to really knock someone out using pure chloroform is stupid. you have to mix it in 50/50 ratio of chloroform with diethyl ether.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually what is commonly known as chloroform is used everyday in operating theatres in all hospitals to put the patients to sleep while administering general anaesthesia.
the anaesthetist will inject into the patients' veins through intraveneous drip to knock out all nerves and they will tell the patients to count to 10 - 1...2...3... sleep liao.
when u wake up from ur slumberland, u will find urself on hospital bed surrounded by all those missy liao.