• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang BE - the "open-ended" faux pas

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am aware of WP's but not NSP's. I have the habit of loitering with intent in the vicinity of Jln Besar. Many HFJs there.

Loitering with intent to survey HFJs is private matter, not police case. :wink: NSP HQ is opposite Lavender Square. Just a few steps away is Eminent Plaza. You should know the HFJs there. WP HQ is two bus-stop distance away around Syed Alwi - Kelantan coffeeshops area. NSP is more high class than WP.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tend to think WP still gave some way to other opposition in 2006 and 2011 (2006 - Sembawang to SDP, 2011 - BTP to SPP and Whampoa to NSP) and also withdrew some candidates, but I suspect they might be thinking of skipping the horse trading talks next round and was still looking for a good reason to do so. Their responses to the Hougang BE had just given WP the best ammo to do so.

Using NSP & TJS's attitude toward HG as justification for avoiding horsing trading at GE2016 would be tenuous at best.

The most pragmatic approach would be to recognize at some point in time, a party can only grow if it commits to fielding more candidates each election. There will always be kind souls who only want to help out behind the scenes and have no wish to be candidate or even have faces shown in the newsletter, but no party can realistically take in only these kind of people. Only way you can grow is to take in potential candidates and people who strongly desire to become candidates. That means showing that you will do anything it takes to contest more seats with each election.

At some pt, 3CF is inevitable.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The reality is that WP would engage in talks to show that they are engaged. There is nothing that NSP can do that will make a difference. NSP just does not have the gravitas or the credibility to do anything. People are also aware of NSP long history and many are aware of their role and the part they play for the establishment.

When GMS came up with his Malay Bureau and Minister specific strategy, I seriously thought he had truly begun to develop his own style that would eventually grow to become a very focussed, very strategic and potent party branding.

Somehow after he took in the bunch of scholars and Nicole Seah took the spotlight, he just lost it. Maybe it was M-K and the subsequent fallout with WP. It's just so tragic. He had taken the 1st steps towards creating a small WP within NSP and then it just unraveled as quickly as it had begun..

I just can't figure out why he allowed himself to give up so easily.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Should the WP deal ? I believe it should for the bigger picture and because if things go haywire it has the most to lose as the biggest growing party.

Locke

Lockie,

No one in this thread has said WP should not "deal". Everyone is on the same page, I presume. The fact is with whom shall WP deal, and on what terms. WP obviously should not deal with GMS or Andrew Kuan or DPP-types. WP should deal with NSP, SDP, RP and SPP (and maybe SDA too), but it has to be of mutual benefit (prosper, not beggar thy neighbour) with some element of political maturity and sophistication displayed by BOTH sides.

Just to give an example. Obviously you only want to "deal" with those who recognize PAP (and ONLY the PAP) as the common enemy. And obviously you only want to "deal" with those who have track record of adhering to their end of the bargain and not do a flip flop on you out of the blue.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I just can't figure out why he allowed himself to give up so easily.

you know what? was feeling a bit nostalgic today and was reading some of my own posts written years back, came across a few written by GMS, could almost felt the fire in his belly *sighs*

and truth to be told, me felt weird at times when reading me old posts just now, sure didn't know what me was smoking at that time, still couldn't believe me wrote all those stuffs... :eek::eek::eek:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you know what? was feeling a bit nostalgic today and was reading some of my own posts written years back, came across a few written by GMS, could almost felt the fire in his belly *sighs*

and truth to be told, me felt weird at times when reading me old posts just now, sure didn't know what me was smoking at that time, still couldn't believe me wrote all those stuffs... :eek::eek::eek:

GMS still has fire in his belly, his loins and blood rushing to his head, sperm rushing to his ears, etc.

The only difference is he directed all that at PAP in the past, but now is directing all at WP.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hinted to GMS when he first joined NSP but he always ask what is wrong with Seb. Now looks like he also joined the gang.

Bro, we really need to bring GMS under control. Beneath his gruff exterior lies tons of political acumen. Its a royal crime to let it go to waste just because of a moment's jealousy or myopic hatred over a one-off issue.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loitering with intent to survey HFJs is private matter, not police case. :wink: NSP HQ is opposite Lavender Square. Just a few steps away is Eminent Plaza. You should know the HFJs there. WP HQ is two bus-stop distance away around Syed Alwi - Kelantan coffeeshops area. NSP is more high class than WP.

The 2 HQs could have been side by side had WP not moved out 2 years earlier. Which was a good thing for WP as their HQ was much more run down than NSP's present one.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using NSP & TJS's attitude toward HG as justification for avoiding horsing trading at GE2016 would be tenuous at best.

Not really, if it is 1) used as a last resort - i.e. until your negotiating partner mentions that WP is not right to enter into 3CF 2) reserved for NSP and TJS or TJS party only while the respect stays in regard to SPP and SDP 3) emphasised that NSP's/TJS's interest was shown to a WP-held ward, what excuse would they have for reserving PAP wards.