• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hiring assistant manager at 3.5K per month- considered low, average or high wage?

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tinyurI.com/y52espj4

EmgiBko.png

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too high, the average salary of a cafe MANAGER (not assistant manager) in Mudland is RM 28,200 per year or RM 2,350 per month.

Assume, dollar for dollar, salary of this ASSISTANT cafe manager in Sinkieland should be around SG 2,350 per month.

https://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Job=Cafe_Manager/Salary

Plus Sinkieland service standard is lower, so why should Sinkies be paid more?

I care more about the service standard than where the hell the service staff was born in.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
$3,500 = 80,000 baht really huat ahhhhh I'm only getting slightly ore than that after so many years.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN take home $2800 but will be asked to take care of EVERYTHING and the boss will blame him if cannot make money KNN not worth the money KNN

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too high, the average salary of a cafe MANAGER (not assistant manager) in Mudland is RM 28,200 per year or RM 2,350 per month.

Assume, dollar for dollar, salary of this ASSISTANT cafe manager in Sinkieland should be around SG 2,350 per month.

https://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Job=Cafe_Manager/Salary

Plus Sinkieland service standard is lower, so why should Sinkies be paid more?

I care more about the service standard than where the hell the service staff was born in.
It is the cost of living that dictates what is a fair wage. You cannot compare to Malaysia or for that matter any country with different COL. stupid.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the risk of been trivial, I must say it has to be seen as a package-salary, other benefits, working hours, career progression ect2
This one say has to work 6 days per week (compared to 5 for most ) and does not mention overtime pay.

There are companies with a lot of hidden conditions and one example is Uniqlo where workers are frequently asked to put in 12 hours daily shift without overtime pay.
Your off days and shift (morning or afternoon) are not fixed (decided on a weekly basis by the store manager) and if you report sick, they will ask you to use your sick leave day as your off day.
Work is also not fixed, meaning they can ask you to do anything in the store-from cleaning, stock checking , cashiering to changing room duty at the discretion of the manager .You cannot go to toilet unless you can find someone to replace you and the store toilets are only for customers! They can also ask you to come anytime-including at 6am and leave anytime-sometimes at 2am !

Bottom line-working conditions are more important that salary

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the risk of been trivial, I must say it has to be seen as a package-salary, other benefits, working hours, career progression ect2
This one say has to work 6 days per week (compared to 5 for most ) and does not mention overtime pay.

There are companies with a lot of hidden conditions and one example is Uniqlo where workers are frequently asked to put in 12 hours daily shift without overtime pay.
Your off days and shift (morning or afternoon) are not fixed (decided on a weekly basis by the store manager) and if you report sick, they will ask you to use your sick leave day as your off day.
Work is also not fixed, meaning they can ask you to do anything in the store-from cleaning, stock checking , cashiering to changing room duty at the discretion of the manager .You cannot go to toilet unless you can find someone to replace you and the store toilets are only for customers! They can also ask you to come anytime-including at 6am and leave anytime-sometimes at 2am !

Bottom line-working conditions are more important that salary

Mcam high flyer Security Officer. Multi tasks

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3.5k a month is a princely sum! I want! :biggrin:

Dont say 5 yrs exp lah. Even 10 yrs exp..a security officer ( aft 3 round of promotion) only draw@ s$3000 with looooooong workg hrs...n heavy responsibilities. So 3.5k asst manager still acceptable. Enough capital can also open one next time

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Dont say 5 yrs exp lah. Even 10 yrs exp..a security officer ( aft 3 round of promotion) only draw@ s$3000 with looooooong workg hrs...n heavy responsibilities. So 3.5k asst manager still acceptable. Enough capital can also open one next time
Exactly. And please don't go for the interview and compete with me hor. :biggrin:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the cost of living that dictates what is a fair wage. You cannot compare to Malaysia or for that matter any country with different COL. stupid.

Cost of living in Mudland is not cheap. Mee rebus at Plaza Pelangi canteen cost RM 5.9, Sinkieland food court mee rebus cost less than SGD 5.9! So eat out in Mudland is expensive for those earning Mudland salary say RM 2,350 per month cafe manager not assistant manager. Sinkie food court, mee rebus maybe SGD 4 only. But local cars and condominiums in SG are a lot more expensive even if compare dollar for dollar. Assistant cafe manager should just take MRT and live in HDB - SG2,350 sure enough.