• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Heavy Rain caused flash Flooding in Eastern Sgp 8 Jan 18

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am seriously thinking of getting a AWD or 4WD SUV. Enough of this shit. I don't even dare to drive in this shit. Pay for the most expensive cars in the world and can't even drive it. Fucking ridiculous. My sports sedan is too low to the ground, low profile tires and all that. Maybe a used Lexus RX270 will do the trick. I hate it when they don't put a 6 cylinder in such a heavy SUV. But what to do? Even the govt can't predict the flooding.

yeah yeah talk so much about how driving experience handling and what not with BMW Lexus......say SUV all clunky no fun driving.

No use if you car cannot move right!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah yeah talk so much about how driving experience handling and what not with BMW Lexus......say SUV all clunky no fun driving.

sinkies who dismiss the suv and talk (cock) up the sedan don’t know wtf they are talking about.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
flood_0.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Taking about cars.
Latest news Uber/ grab cars aren’t covered by flood insurance. Many private hire Drivers cars in workshop now paying out of own pockets. Huat again.
Car owners also Better double check your insurance. Apparently many car insurance in Sg also not auto include got flood damage coverage.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Taking about cars.
Latest news Uber/ grab cars aren’t covered by flood insurance. Many private hire Drivers cars in workshop now paying out of own pockets. Huat again.
Car owners also Better double check your insurance. Apparently many car insurance in Sg also not auto include got flood damage coverage.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
for sg, porsche macan with a 4 cylinder + turbocharger engine will do. about 28 mpg on gas, if you don’t use the “sports” or turbo mode. moreover, it’s not just awd, but also 4wd. many other suv’s are either 4wd or awd. there’s a difference between the 2.

i have sat in one. Its too low, there is not enough clearance to avoid the flood waters. cayenne is better

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Taking about cars.

can sue LTA. 2000 drivers with flood damage car go after them will scare their balls. U pay road tax and COE, u expect the roads to be maintained for you. But if dig up half th island putting in new buildings and new MRT stations and lines, and then these areas flood, the liability is on LTA. Win or lose, PAP does not like the publicity of 2000 people suing LTA.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nayrsg is not a sinkie lah. he is canadian or some shit like that
canadian doc is sold on suv lah. he has a few of them. it's almost a necessity in canada to own a truck or suv. i'm referring to forum tpx who doesn't know jackshit about suv.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have sat in one. Its too low, there is not enough clearance to avoid the flood waters. cayenne is better
cayenne has a larger base and higher profile. it's based on the vw touareg. the macan with 22" rims plus fatter wheels (below) can ford water 9.69" deep. the nominal ground clearance of the cayenne is 8.465". when you sit in a cayenne, you think you're higher which is true, but the nominal ground clearance is slightly lower than the highest on the macan with a raised "ride-height" profile. with the ride-height feature using air suspension, 2018 macan model can be adjusted from 7.8" to 9.169" of ground clearance.
19275109384_c30508a5c4_o.jpg

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
canadian doc is sold on suv lah. he has a few of them. it's almost a necessity in canada to own a truck or suv. i'm referring to forum tpx who doesn't know jackshit about suv.
I have 2 RAV4s. 1 Ford Expedition Platinum Max (which is really a truck called an SUV) and a Corolla.

I know what you mean about sedans. Can chiong around drift more fun. But really for practical reasons, and reliability in winter and snow, need an SUV.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
can sue LTA. 2000 drivers with flood damage car go after them will scare their balls. U pay road tax and COE, u expect the roads to be maintained for you. But if dig up half th island putting in new buildings and new MRT stations and lines, and then these areas flood, the liability is on LTA. Win or lose, PAP does not like the publicity of 2000 people suing LTA.
It's impossible to sue the gahmen in Singkieland. They Just claim act of God...but all in all in ang mor lands the act of God defence is seldom used now.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore already flooded during BE time.

Angmoh has to sell opium to chink to fund building longkang to divert flood.

You think angmoh so nice to build Singapore for you with their UK taxpayrs money.

No opium trade no modern Singapore.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies like to make mountains out of molehills .
What the fuss about with a little ponding during a heavy downpour? Have you seen massive floods caused by tsumnami or hurricanes that wipe out entire villages and towns ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be thankful that we have PAP in charge. If WP was in charge, homes would have been submerged and people drowned. Thanks to PAP, flooding in Singapore only means wet shoes and socks.

Go suck eggs...or other things...you talk like PAP are gods.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the fuss about with a little ponding during a heavy downpour? Have you seen massive floods caused by tsumnami or hurricanes that wipe out entire villages and towns ?

Actually flooding, ponding, excessive accumulation of water after an extremely heave downpour, is normal, nothing to get excited about. BUT, the PAP had been so boastful about their achievements, people just can't help demanding for the best..even to stop water, fire, wind or earth movement...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

those happen in shit hole countries that pay their politicians peanuts. When u pay your politicians millions $, they are supposed to make sure it does not happen. Got it?