• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hear the Top Speaker speaks...

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
We must be objective. He performed reasonably well. I cannot speak at that speed myself.

Goh Meng Seng

All Abroad!! Non-Stop train service to Neverland! :biggrin: Kelong!!

How much they paid this time?

train_old.jpg

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What the fuck was he talking about? Gurmit Singh I can understand. Was he speaking "Queeny's" English? Is he fucking gay for God's sake! Or is he just one of the Singaporean Generation's of being neither here nor there?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What the fuck was he talking about? Gurmit Singh I can understand. Was he speaking "Queeny's" English? Is he fucking gay for God's sake! Or is he just one of the Singaporean Generation's of being neither here nor there?

It is common for those who are trained in London to speak like that. Just a matter of getting used to it. It is just like listening to Chinese PRC talking. Sometimes they speak so fast that I couldn't even understand....really catch no ball, you know what I mean? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is common for those who are trained in London to speak like that. Just a matter of getting used to it. It is just like listening to Chinese PRC talking. Sometimes they speak so fast that I couldn't even understand....really catch no ball, you know what I mean? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

This is Queen's English!:biggrin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sg-4ATrE8n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sg-4ATrE8n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

dingdongbells

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha

he has a british accent with a singaporean base. but the accent is not very developed yet. he has a general british accent not constrained to any particular parts of the uk. i think you can understand that if you are in the uk, they expect you to speak with a british accent to fit in so this is what he is probably doing...

his accent is like a hong kong accent really without the cantonese twinge

queens english or RP doesn't sound this way lol.

you are the fucking moron here. the guy's english is fine. it is a tad weird because it doesn't fit in anywhere but it is quite clear and understandable. he is speaking fast because he only has a few minutes to speak idiot.

gurmit singh speaks ok english but he likes to blur the words. gurmit also has some trouble pronoucing very simple words and his intonation is very funny.

i was watching "growing up" on tv 5 today. that aileen (charlie's wife) and nick whats his name (charlie's son) both spoke terrible broken english with very weird intonation. both sound illiterate. i couldnt stand 5 mins of it and had to turn it off. i cant believe they take our tv license money and put these actors who cannot even speak a proper sentence on national tv.

i take it you have never been overseas much. in the uk, there are plenty of people with an accent worse than this guy's.

gohmengseng...if you have been to china (outside of beijing), you would find that singaporeans speak much better chinese than a lot of the older chinese. the prc like to speak in their own dialect, coupled with poor schooling for the poorer ones, you find a lot of the older prc cannot even speak proper chinese...travel a bit will you?

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
gohmengseng...if you have been to china (outside of beijing), you would find that singaporeans speak much better chinese than a lot of chinese. the prc like too speak in their own dialect, coupled with poor schooling for some of them, you find a lot of the older prc cannot even speak proper chinese...travel a bit will you?

They do speak Chinese but heavily accented, that's all. Singaporeans speak better Chinese? I seriously don't think so. It is not merely about pronunciation but the ability to express oneself with the appropriate phrases.

Older PRC? Well, just listen to Chairman Mao!

Well, there is actually a difference when you consider different races among the them. China is not a homogeneous society, although most of them are Hans who speak Chinese/Mandarin, along with their own dialects.

You don't need to travel to far to make your point. Just take Hong Kong. Many older Hong Kongers don't speak Mandarin or Putonghua. Its basically because their TV stations and official language used is Cantonese.

When in this context, I am talking about well educated Chinese firing away. Have you heard them talk before? Not many Singaporeans understand what they talking about and just presumed that they are speaking dialect. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

dingdongbells

Alfrescian
Loyal
They do speak Chinese but heavily accented, that's all. Singaporeans speak better Chinese? I seriously don't think so. It is not merely about pronunciation but the ability to express oneself with the appropriate phrases.

Older PRC? Well, just listen to Chairman Mao!

Well, there is actually a difference when you consider different races among the them. China is not a homogeneous society, although most of them are Hans who speak Chinese/Mandarin, along with their own dialects.

You don't need to travel to far to make your point. Just take Hong Kong. Many older Hong Kongers don't speak Mandarin or Putonghua. Its basically because their TV stations and official language used is Cantonese.

When in this context, I am talking about well educated Chinese firing away. Have you heard them talk before? Not many Singaporeans understand what they talking about and just presumed that they are speaking dialect. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

look, every post you make reflects your poor english. it is not just about making minor mistakes, spelling things wrong or stuff like that.

you make mistakes that someone who is fluent in english would not make, even when they are half asleep.

for example, the confusion of past and present tenses.

outside beijing, a lot of the older prcs speak very bad chinese (accent aside). Of course, the average middle aged prc is much better at chinese than the average singaporean. that i concede.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha

Compare this Moron! Working with Queen's English speaking bosses for years does not count of course!:rolleyes: People should not express views about Japan if they have never been there? Sit down and shut up?:oIo: Say! Can you engage an exchange with Goh Meng Seng in Chinese? You've been to China before, haven't you?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZogX-xjtM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZogX-xjtM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

dingdongbells

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha

Compare this Moron! Working with Queen's English speaking bosses for years does not count of course!:rolleyes: People should not express views about Japan if they have never been there? Sit down and shut up?:oIo: Say! Can you engage an exchange with Goh Meng Seng in Chinese? You've been to China before, haven't you?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZogX-xjtM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZogX-xjtM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

lol i am english speaking and have a ba with first class honours from the uk.

this thread is about an english debater, why would i need to "engage in an exchange with goh in chinese"? my chinese is at a near native level as well, not that chinese is of much use outside china anyway...even the chinese themselves feel that english is more important than chinese. look at the number of chinese learning english.

are you implying that you have worked for bosses who speak rp? perhaps then, you would realise that the above video you posted claiming to be rp english, isn't rp english....lol

Last edited:

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

this thread is about an english debater, why would i need to "engage in an exchange with goh in chinese"? my chinese is at a near native level as well, not that chinese is of much use outside china anyway...even the chinese themselves feel that english is more important than chinese. look at the number of chinese learning english.

are you implying that you have worked for bosses who speak rp? perhaps then, you would realise that the above video you posted claiming to be rp english, isn't rp english....lol

My point not elaborated as it would be understood by all but twats is that even RP sounds better than an affected attempt at imitating a Queen's English speaking Brit and ending up like a prick!
BA first class honours? You are in the right place! This is a virtual Singapore kopitiam and we love twats like you. Please post more, I forsee you will be another real popular member here. We have one, with the moniker mudskipper and his clones lnchwmn 12345!:biggrin::oIo:

Lu Bu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi just registered today? Good news! You just got my boot! This forum may be a free for all but if the OA doesn't like you and find you an eyesore, you get the boot. Please feel free to return favor if not happy. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Lu Bu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
look, every post you make reflects your poor english. it is not just about making minor mistakes, spelling things wrong or stuff like that.

you make mistakes that someone who is fluent in english would not make, even when they are half asleep.

for example, the confusion of past and present tenses.

outside beijing, a lot of the older prcs speak very bad chinese (accent aside). Of course, the average middle aged prc is much better at chinese than the average singaporean. that i concede.

Hi just registered today? Good news PAP dog. You just received my boot! This forum may be a free for all but if the OA doesn't like you and find you an eyesore, you get the boot. Please feel free to return favor if not happy. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Being equally London trained, he'd lose to Locke, at least in the category of speed of speech.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

It should be "engage in an exchange with Goh in chinese?"

Your 1st class BA Honours degree is copy-licence wan hor?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chinese is China's language, not Singapore's. Singapore Chinese speak with an accent. PRC Chinese (particularly those in and from Beijing) speak the standard.