• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Singapore is very well-managed, it doesn't need me"

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwanese microchip tycoon renounces S'pore citizenship - Mothership.SG
mothership.sg
robert-tsao.png
One of Taiwan's richest and most successful businessmen, Robert Tsao, has renounced his Singapore citizenship, Lianhe Zaobao (Zaobao) reported.

Tsao: Taiwanese must resist China's aggression​

Speaking at a press conference on Sep. 1, the 75-year-old founder of microchip maker United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) wore a bulletproof vest and said that he was "so excited" to regain his Taiwanese citizenship, Taiwanese media Central News Agency reported.
Singapore Airlines

A utopia of green adventures

The tycoon added that in returning to the island, he would stand with his fellow countrymen against an invasion by China.

In calling on the Taiwanese to resist China's aggression, he said, according to Zaobao, "I have returned to Taiwan and I will die in Taiwan."
Messe Dusseldorf Asia

Must-see for healthcare professionals

He added, "I will never live to watch the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) turn Taiwan into Hong Kong."

In response to Zaobao, Tsao said that he does not find it a pity to renounce his Singapore citizenship as he has "more important things to do [in Taiwan]".

"Singapore is very well-managed, it doesn't need me," he added.

Will donate S$27.4 million to train 3 million "civilian warriors"​

Tsao also unveiled a plan to donate NT$1 billion (S$45.7 million) to train 3.3 million people in support of Taiwan's defence against China, Reuters reported.

The tycoon elaborated that NT$600 million (S$27.4 million) will go towards a programme to train three million "civilian warriors" to support Taiwan's military.

Meanwhile, the remaining NT$400 million (S$18.3 million) will be used for training 300,000 civilian "marksmen".

Earlier in August, Tsao had also pledged to donate NT$3 billion (S$137.3 million) to help enhance the island's defences, following the launch of military drills by China around the island in response to a visit by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Originally supported Taiwan's reunification with China through peaceful means​

Central News Agency further reported that Tsao had initially renounced his Taiwanese citizenship in 2011 and moved to Singapore after he became unhappy with government legislation that prevented UMC from investing in China.

These regulations had been introduced in 2000 by then-President Chen Shui-bian from the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP).

Tsao also advocated for Taiwan's reunification with China through peaceful means, including via a national referendum on the issue, should the mainland Chinese government provide favourable conditions.

However, he eventually became an outspoken critic of China's government in recent years.

The press conference on Sep. 1 also saw Tsao declare that anything coming from the CCP is a "hoax".
Reuters further reported that UMC distanced itself from its founder's remarks by highlighting how Tsao had retired from the company over a decade ago and therefore had nothing to do with it.

Top screenshot via AFP/YouTube

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Taiwanese microchip tycoon renounces S'pore citizenship - Mothership.SG
mothership.sg
robert-tsao.png

One of Taiwan's richest and most successful businessmen, Robert Tsao, has renounced his Singapore citizenship, Lianhe Zaobao (Zaobao) reported.

Tsao: Taiwanese must resist China's aggression​

Speaking at a press conference on Sep. 1, the 75-year-old founder of microchip maker United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) wore a bulletproof vest and said that he was "so excited" to regain his Taiwanese citizenship, Taiwanese media Central News Agency reported.
Singapore Airlines
A utopia of green adventures

The tycoon added that in returning to the island, he would stand with his fellow countrymen against an invasion by China.

In calling on the Taiwanese to resist China's aggression, he said, according to Zaobao, "I have returned to Taiwan and I will die in Taiwan."
Messe Dusseldorf Asia
Must-see for healthcare professionals

He added, "I will never live to watch the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) turn Taiwan into Hong Kong."

In response to Zaobao, Tsao said that he does not find it a pity to renounce his Singapore citizenship as he has "more important things to do [in Taiwan]".

"Singapore is very well-managed, it doesn't need me," he added.

Will donate S$27.4 million to train 3 million "civilian warriors"​

Tsao also unveiled a plan to donate NT$1 billion (S$45.7 million) to train 3.3 million people in support of Taiwan's defence against China, Reuters reported.

The tycoon elaborated that NT$600 million (S$27.4 million) will go towards a programme to train three million "civilian warriors" to support Taiwan's military.

Meanwhile, the remaining NT$400 million (S$18.3 million) will be used for training 300,000 civilian "marksmen".

Earlier in August, Tsao had also pledged to donate NT$3 billion (S$137.3 million) to help enhance the island's defences, following the launch of military drills by China around the island in response to a visit by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Originally supported Taiwan's reunification with China through peaceful means​

Central News Agency further reported that Tsao had initially renounced his Taiwanese citizenship in 2011 and moved to Singapore after he became unhappy with government legislation that prevented UMC from investing in China.

These regulations had been introduced in 2000 by then-President Chen Shui-bian from the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP).

Tsao also advocated for Taiwan's reunification with China through peaceful means, including via a national referendum on the issue, should the mainland Chinese government provide favourable conditions.

However, he eventually became an outspoken critic of China's government in recent years.

The press conference on Sep. 1 also saw Tsao declare that anything coming from the CCP is a "hoax".
Reuters further reported that UMC distanced itself from its founder's remarks by highlighting how Tsao had retired from the company over a decade ago and therefore had nothing to do with it.

Top screenshot via AFP/YouTube
Bullet proof vest?:roflmao: If he is so fearful of getting shot, he should've remained in SG.