• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He sent 100 applications, but can't find a job

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Degree_holder_can_t_find_job_after_sending_out_100_applications-topImage.jpg

Armed with a university degree, he sent out 100 job applications in hope of finding a better job, but is still unemployed after five months of job hunting.

Lianhe Wanbao reported that Mr Zeng Yong Guang, 41, studied part-time for six and a half years to get his degree from a private university in Singapore.

After leaving his former job as a computer technician in April this year, Mr Zeng has been actively looking for a job in the months since.

He and his wife, who live in Seng Kang, have been relying on his wife's monthly salary of $1,500 in the past five months. But after his wife got pregnant, his job hunt became even more urgent.

Mr Zeng told Wanbao that he thought looking for a job would be easier with a degree, so he started studying part-time in 2002, and graduated in 2008. So far, his plan has backfired.

"For almost half a year, I mailed and emailed more than 100 applications to IT firms, requesting for a salary of $3,000 or more, but I was not even offered an interview."

With no income for the past few months, Mr Zeng has found it hard to pay for daily expenses. Eventually, he had to pawn a watch and diamond ring - gifts from him to his wife - just to pay for their utilities.

He says that he has lowered his expectations, and now just wants a stable income to support his family.

"We have been fighting a lot about money recently. She said I have not been proactive enough in my job hunt," said Mr Zeng.

He also says that the couple, who have been married for 12 years, have always had a good relationship until he became unemployed.

Worried about their finances, his wife even wanted to go for an abortion as she was not sure they could afford to care for the baby.

But Mr Zeng says that he managed to dissuade her from doing that and hopes to find a job soon so they can start saving up for the baby.

Due to the financial pressure he is facing, he even told potential employers he only has an O level certificate in the hope of finding a job to tide them over. So far, that has also yielded no results.

"The restaurant manager asked me if I had any experience in the service industry, the KTV lounge manager asked me if I was a good drinker. When I said no, they lost interest. They are also not willing to let me start afresh."

Mr Zeng told Wanbao that he knows companies today want qualified and young applicants who are willing to work for lower salaries, and he feels that his age is a disadvantage when looking for a job.

But despite that, he stressed that he is willing to learn, and work hard, and hopes that some company out there will give him a chance to prove himself.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
After leaving his former job as a computer technician in April this year, Mr Zeng has been actively looking for a job in the months since.

What wrong with him? IMHO, he mindset is not correct. Leaving a job without having another job in hand? To a certain extent, he ask for it......! :confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After leaving his folrmer job as a computer technician in April this year, Mr Zeng has been actively looking for a job in the months since.

What wrong with him? IMHO, he mindset is not correct. Leaving a job without having another job in hand? To a certain extent, he ask for it......! :confused:

That part puzzled me, he has a skill, a computer technician, I am sure; he can start his own computer repair shop...unless he is a lousy technician..

He must he those who think, with a degree he can land a 10,000 job!!...why didn't he become a 'member'...join the grassroots, why didn't he see his CDC, his Memeber of Parliament..

In short, hate to say this... must be a loser!

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm...at his age, he shld not leave without another job. from the pic, he looked a bit "dai dai"...

Nowadays, looks also very important in finding a job. If he look like movie star or model, he will be engaged in no time.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
He looks and seems like a PRC turned citizen. Nonetheless, now that he is one of us, I feel sorry for him. He should be driving taxis cos he can easily make 1.5k driving cabs. Somemore got car to ferry wife + baby.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm...at his age, he shld not leave without another job. from the pic, he looked a bit "dai dai"...

Nowadays, looks also very important in finding a job. If he look like movie star or model, he will be engaged in no time.

It is connection, very important in SINgapore...you may look like a horse, but with connection, money & power, you can be a singer.:biggrin:

In SINgapore, you go supermarket shopping, the cashier will ask you, 'MEMBER"!! GET IT!, even you flood the streets, let a well known terrorist escape, help create a property bubble..'MEMBER'!?...you will still have the job.

'MEMBER'!

anyway, election is coming, all thsi guy needs to do is go see his MP..gurantee, they will create a job for him...for every vote is precious...'MEMBER'!!:biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You cannot blame him totally, there are too many marder farkers company and bosses to work in, that even I extra day can make your blood vessels bursts, especially local business. Fuck those marder farkers :oIo:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That part puzzled me, he has a skill, a computer technician, I am sure; he can start his own computer repair shop...unless he is a lousy technician..

He must he those who think, with a degree he can land a 10,000 job!!...why didn't he become a 'member'...join the grassroots, why didn't he see his CDC, his Memeber of Parliament..

In short, hate to say this... must be a loser!

Do people know the logical circuits and paths and can do gateways .

Who needs technician ? If not. It's the age of use and discard .

Not worth the trouble of dealing with unscrupulous shops and individuals .

The problem with degree holders . Are most at best have shallow knowledge .

Last edited:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope he didn't attached a photo of his in all his Job applications...
Problem is his face... a gangster look...

Y

Yip Hon

More 30 plus and 40 plus year olds should come out and

confirm : Companies these days are looking for staff that

are :

a ) Cheaper

b ) Younger

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a company can hire a greehorn for $1600 month .

And one can replace him now and then .

What makes you think people will like to start with hiring $3,000 .

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asking for a salary of $3,000 ....???:o

The Pinoy FTs will do it for $1,600 !!!:mad:

Fxxk the FTs ... they are here to take most of our pmet jobs ....:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asking for a salary of $3,000 ....???:o

The Pinoy FTs will do it for $1,600 !!!:mad:

Fxxk the FTs ... they are here to take most of our pmet jobs ....:mad:

neh yaw upp mat ye fong?

It is cheaper ( to hire pinoys etc), faster ( to sack SINgaporeans), better ( for FT's are better than SINgaporeans)

When you can have a cheap Casio watch that have many functions, would you want to buy a lolex..oops! ROLEX WATCH?:biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you send in application. people look at how the RESUME IS WRITTEN.

He quoted his private University degree. people also look at where is UNIVERSITY DEGREE is from.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you send in application. people look at how the RESUME IS WRITTEN.

He quoted his private University degree. people also look at where is UNIVERSITY DEGREE is from.

Univerty of Pinkerton...or University of Timbuktu or Chungwahdafantin :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But after his wife got pregnant, his job hunt became even more urgent.

His wife didn't just "get" pregnant. He fucked her and made her pregnant. :rolleyes:

Knowing that he was jobless, the prudent thing to do would be to use some form of birth control. However, his devil-may-care attitude made a dire situation even worse.

It's pretty obvious this twit is incapable of rational thought. I wouldn't hire him either.:rolleyes:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
neh yaw upp mat ye fong?

It is cheaper ( to hire pinoys etc), faster ( to sack SINgaporeans), better ( for FT's are better than SINgaporeans)

When you can have a cheap Casio watch that have many functions, would you want to buy a lolex..oops! ROLEX WATCH?:biggrin:

....hehehe ..... and add insult to injury to him .... he looks woo lood lood like that ....:eek:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Lianhe Wanbao reported that Mr Zeng Yong Guang, 41, studied part-time for six and a half years to get his degree from a private university in Singapore.<<

Seriously i can understand if he took 6.5 years to complete the ACCA which is notoriously difficult, but if it is just general I.T or Business Admin degree, that's pretty screwed!