• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gurkhas damn kilat is a MYTH!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've trained with Gurkhas in old PA. I can't see how Singaporeans (including myself) can beat them in a one-to-one. There was also a time I used to hang around Joo Seng (just next to Mt. Vernon) frequently with a buddy. He was also irrate at too much Gurkhas in his neighbourhood and one night, tipsy half drunk he picked a quarrel with the next table of Gurkhas also drinking there whom he accused of talking too loud. I pulled him back and apologised to the Gurkhas, saying the magic words, don't worry, I was also police officer and my friend was drunk, I'd take care.

Gurkhas are trained not to infringe on Singaporeans except under duty, order or self-defence. Yes, tolerance is part of the training and drilling too. It's the same for other Gurkhas serving under British Army, not to infringe on British for personal quarrels except under abovementioned circumstances. If Besotted can ground a Gurkha in a one-to-one no-holds-barred, Alamaking can kill a lion and donate its head for display on Hollandse Club wall.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I agreed too. They are quite well-respected for their fighting skill, dare to die attitude and fierce loyalty not only in Spore, but also in HK, Brunei and Malaysia. The Brunei Sultanate also employ them as security forces( police and army) based in the inner circle of the Royal family as in Singapore. Before HK was returned to China, the Gurkhas were the mainline force gurading the border with China as the HK chinese police were unable to stop the smuggling and human trafficking often involving violent ex-peoples liberation Army soldiers. Many of the HK elites were impressed by them and till today many still recruit them as their security guards.

Yes, the Gurkhas are trained to be tolerant, calm and self-restraint. They normally do not want to find trouble and walk away. No one in the right mind would want a fight with the Gurkhas even among the big size ang moh Argentines during the Falkland war in 1982 The experiences these Argentines soldiers had with the British Asian Gurkhas was enough to make them flee, ensuring a victory for the British.. Even the Japanese could not escape their fighting ferocity.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I agreed too. They are quite well-respected for their fighting skill, dare to die attitude and fierce loyalty not only in Spore, but also in HK, Brunei and Malaysia. The Brunei Sultanate also employ them as security forces( police and army) based in the inner circle of the Royal family as in Singapore. Before HK was returned to China, the Gurkhas were the mainline force gurading the border with China as the HK chinese police were unable to stop the smuggling and human trafficking often involving violent ex-peoples liberation Army soldiers. Many of the HK elites were impressed by them and till today many still recruit them as their security guards.

Yes, the Gurkhas are trained to be tolerant, calm and self-restraint. They normally do not want to find trouble and walk away. No one in the right mind would want a fight with the Gurkhas even among the big size ang moh Argentines during the Falkland war in 1982 The experiences these Argentines soldiers had with the British Asian Gurkhas was enough to make them flee, ensuring a victory for the British.. Even the Japanese could not escape their fighting ferocity.

Gurkhas were the main pioneer forces in the British recapture of Falkland Islands from Argentina. Of course, that wasn't about all Gurkhas. The better technically proficient British officers manned the forces to fight Argentina on sea and air to facilitate the recapture. That's one Gurkha weakness. Nepal, being landlocked, they were all concentrated on land fighting. But that's their strength too. All you need is their loyalty and get them landed to fight for you. British used that very well.

Gurkhas as recruits passing out from Nepalese camps pledge loyalty to the British Crown. No country is able to hire Gurkhas without British permission.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
if i recall correctly...the gurkhas did some infiltration stuff at a few installations and easily polished off the argentine guards.

Gurkhas were the main pioneer forces in the British recapture of Falkland Islands from Argentina. Of course, that wasn't about all Gurkhas. The better technically proficient British officers manned the forces to fight Argentina on sea and air to facilitate the recapture. That's one Gurkha weakness. Nepal, being landlocked, they were all concentrated on land fighting. But that's their strength too. All you need is their loyalty and get them landed to fight for you. British used that very well.

Gurkhas as recruits passing out from Nepalese camps pledge loyalty to the British Crown. No country is able to hire Gurkhas without British permission.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i recall correctly...the gurkhas did some infiltration stuff at a few installations and easily polished off the argentine guards.

Distant memory but IIRC, RSN managed to sent Gurkhas on a sneak landing on Port Stanley and disabled communication between Falklands and Argentina mainland. Most of the Argentinian soldiers either surrendered or fled. Then, more British solders landed. The Argentinian plot and game were over by then.

England and Argentina were actually traditional trading and political allies through centuries. That Falklands affair was the second cause of why every England v. Argentina football game would be viewed as warfare. The first was when England World Cup winning manager called Argentinians animals for a red-carded foul.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
haha i remember reading that those guards were quite young kids. When they saw the gurkhas suddenly and unexpectedly they were too shocked to

fight back and were routed.

Distant memory but IIRC, RSN managed to sent Gurkhas on a sneak landing on Port Stanley and disabled communication between Falklands and Argentina mainland. Most of the Argentinian soldiers either surrendered or fled. Then, more British solders landed. The Argentinian plot and game were over by then.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha i remember reading that those guards were quite young kids. When they saw the gurkhas suddenly and unexpectedly they were too shocked to

fight back and were routed.

The young Argentinian soldiers were conned by Pres. & Gen. Galtieri who told them not to worry, sure win. British Empire era was over and no way British forces could reach Falklands and Argentinia. Maggie fucked Galtieri properly upside down, raped him and deposed him from Argentinian seat of power. Galteri was saved from war crime death penalty by clemency from Pres. Menem who decided to shake hands with Maggie and say, fuck, forget it.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe me the Gurkha we have today are not of the same quality as their forebears. Like youth of every race and country in the world today. Why do you think the PAP acknowledge that they cannot expect the Y Generation to be as pliable as X and post war baby boomers?

Would you believe young Gurkha with Pinay and Indonesian maids checking into Hotel 81 on Sundays? Or return to Mount V after 2359 and beg their colleagues not to report them because they could not bear to leave the Disco earlier?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Believe me the Gurkha we have today are not of the same quality as their forebears. Like youth of every race and country in the world today. Why do you think the PAP acknowledge that they cannot expect the Y Generation to be as pliable as X and post war baby boomers?

Would you believe young Gurkha with Pinay and Indonesian maids checking into Hotel 81 on Sundays? Or return to Mount V after 2359 and beg their colleagues not to report them because they could not bear to leave the Disco earlier?

I tend to agree with your observation too. With better pay and better living standard and more options for entertainment, they're slackened. But to be fair, it happens to all humans, including Singaoporeans and all others, however once upon a time how tough they'd been.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gurkhas were the main pioneer forces in the British recapture of Falkland Islands from Argentina. Of course, that wasn't about all Gurkhas. The better technically proficient British officers manned the forces to fight Argentina on sea and air to facilitate the recapture..
hahaha....ah ram; pse refrain from talking so much about the falklands war as u obviously don't know what u r talking.
the gurkhas did not play a major role in F war.
inflitration and sabotage activities were carried out by the men from the elite 22nd SAS Regiment...
the bulk of the fighting was done by the Royal Marines and Commandoes.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....ah ram; pse refrain from talking so much about the falklands war as u obviously don't know what u r talking.
the gurkhas did not play a major role in F war.
inflitration and sabotage activities were carried out by the men from the elite 22nd SAS Regiment...
the bulk of the fighting was done by the Royal Marines and Commandoes.

OK the British Marines and Commandoes were great. Wait till you hear from Jah Rastafar.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK the British Marines and Commandoes were great. Wait till you hear from Jah Rastafar.
hahaha...your power of comprehension is amazing....when did i say that the RM and commandoes were great.
i only corrected the factual errors or your BS.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gurkhas vs French Foreign Legion, who will win?

[video=youtube;X-NdADDVxf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-NdADDVxf0[/video]

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen Gurkhas at shooting range. They are lean, tough and fit. I don't know if I saw sala, they did the rundown with fullpack. I have Nepalese friends and they have tanned skin, sloppy and damn unfit. They lived near Kathmandu as rather well-off civilians. One to one should be no problem man-handling them. But I am sober enough not to mistake them as Gurkha, although I would very much wish to blow some cows here. :biggrin:

Last edited: