• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guide to atheism

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is for those that are steep in religions and failed to know the diff.

it seems that asians has a high tendency to fall victims to superstitions and fables.

Yes! You are right! Asians especially Chinese have high tendency to fall victims to superstitions and fables. The reason: Because Asians for centuries have not (quite unfortunately) been told about the True God, the God of the Bible. By comparison, western countries were exposed to Bible and they knew who the True God is and because they have the knowledge of the Bible they know that supertitious are nothing but Satan's lies to influence people not to seek the True God, the God of the Bible. Do not let the lack of our knowledge for who the True God is because this lack of knowledge will destroy you. This is a warning from the Bible, God's word.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes! You are right! Asians especially Chinese have high tendency to fall victims to superstitions and fables. The reason: Because Asians for centuries have not (quite unfortunately) been told about the True God, the God of the Bible. By comparison, western countries were exposed to Bible and they knew who the True God is and because they have the knowledge of the Bible they know that supertitious are nothing but Satan's lies to influence people not to seek the True God, the God of the Bible. Do not let the lack of our knowledge for who the True God is because this lack of knowledge will destroy you. This is a warning from the Bible, God's word.

why would you believe some middle east ancient tribal religion?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;6twSN8ZS_VA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6twSN8ZS_VA&bpctr=1354100287[/video]

Kanggie

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you've freedom, peace, harmony, abundance, love, happiness, health, wealth and immortality, you don't think of religion.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you've freedom, peace, harmony, abundance, love, happiness, health, wealth and immortality, you don't think of religion.

no, when you have ignorance, then you will have religion.

when the airplane flies over the amazon tribes who have never seen it before, they would think the occupants of the planes as gods from the sky.
likewise, if someone is educated enough, wise and can reason well, he will not consider any old fables as gospel truth.

SecurityGUARD

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, when you have ignorance, then you will have religion.

when the airplane flies over the amazon tribes who have never seen it before, they would think the occupants of the planes as gods from the sky.
likewise, if someone is educated enough, wise and can reason well, he will not consider any old fables as gospel truth.

He is talking about not thinking of religion and you're talking about believing in religion. The twain should never meet.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
The belief in the existence of Satan is also a superstition. Why are you so superstitious, Psalm23?

Admittedly, yes....if that's your interpretation. I am indeed 'superstitious' because I believe that the world is current ruled by the prince of darkness (i.e. Satan) and we are now just the citizen of this evil kingdom. A resounding "yes" - I am 'supertitiious' in such context, but not to a point that I have to hang a cross in my home, or around my nect to ward off evil, nor do I believe I have to do a '3-step one bow' to achieve peace, to give 10 percent of my income to receive 1,000% back, to say "Hail Mary" one thousand times when I have committed a 'sin', etc.

Yes...I am 'ultra-superstitious' to believe that the only way to the Kingdom of God is to follow Jesus; to believe His virgin birth, His death on the cross and His resurrection. Yes...indeed I am 'ultra-superstitious' to believe that without all these...the finished work of our Savour, Lord Jesus, the end of our journey on earth if anything by extremely ugly beyond one could imagine. But I am not supertitious to say that on the 7th lunar month year, the year of hell is open and all the departed souls are released for vacation and oh yes I don't believe that you need to put up stage of concerts to appease these vacationing departed souls. And oh yes...if you believe this and still consider yourself not supertitious, you have every right to do so.

God bless.....

Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I am not supertitious to say that on the 7th lunar month year, the year of hell is open and all the departed souls are released for vacation and oh yes I don't believe that you need to put up stage of concerts to appease these vacationing departed souls. And oh yes...if you believe this and still consider yourself not supertitious, you have every right to do so.

God bless.....

Do hungry ghosts believers harm other beings or vandalised different cultures (yet you believe everything under the sun are creations of God)? The answer is 'NO'. I am sure you dare not give a resounding 'NO' regarding abrahamic believers.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that the world is current ruled by the prince of darkness (i.e. Satan) and we are now just the citizen of this evil kingdom.
God bless.....

II Corinthians 11:8 Paul said: I robbed other churches in order to minister to you.

According to your very own logic, St Paul a self-admitted robber must be Satan himself or Satan's servant.

Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... to say "Hail Mary" one thousand times when I have committed a 'sin', etc.
God bless.....

You have committed a 'sin', lip-servicing will not appease the Lord Jesus.

A true believer would strictly abide by Jesus's laws, not lip-servicing:

Matthew 18:8-9 Jesus said: If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it
off and throw it away. If your eye causes you sin, tear it out and throw it
away.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I am not supertitious to say that on the 7th lunar month year, the year of hell is open and all the departed souls are released for vacation and oh yes I don't believe that you need to put up stage of concerts to appease these vacationing departed souls. And oh yes...if you believe this and still consider yourself not supertitious, you have every right to do so.

I am sorry to tell you that as a Theravada Buddhist, I don't believe that the gates of hell are opened on the 7th lunar month every year so that departed souls can take a vacation.

To take it further, as a Theravada Buddhist, I don't even believe in the existence of the soul that Christianity assumes.

Why are you so superstitious as to believe in the existence of the soul, Psalm23?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
"You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion. " - unknown.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have committed a 'sin', lip-servicing will not appease the Lord Jesus.

A true believer would strictly abide by Jesus's laws, not lip-servicing:

Matthew 18:8-9 Jesus said: If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it
off and throw it away. If your eye causes you sin, tear it out and throw it
away.

You are really a worker of iniquities! You have intentionally misrepresented and misquoted what my original message. Did I really say:........ to say "Hail Mary" one thousand times when I have committed a 'sin', etc. What I said was quite to the contrary. You just paraphrased by deleting some of my key words.

Just a reminder.....even you don't believe there is a God still you are believing something, and that requires faith too.

I am nonetheless very please to see you acknowledging Jesus as Lord Jesus! Indeed He is. He is the Lord of lords and King of kings and a day (and this is imminent) will come that ALL will confess that Jesus is the Lord and ALL knees (including yours) will bow. But He has warned us that many will call him, Lord, Lord and He is going to tell them: Depart from me, you workers of iniquities (and are you one of them).

I have faith that Lord Jesus will accept me and receive me "unto His Kingdom" because we believe in His redeeming blood on the cross and His resurrection. If you called this 'supertitious', yes....I am indeed! And why am I 'supersititious'....because the Bible tells us so! And why we believe you as worker of iniquities who refused to acknowledge Him as Lord and Saviour, who rejected His redeeming blood will be condemned into eternality: Because the Bible tells us so!

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are really a worker of iniquities! You have intentionally misrepresented and misquoted what my original message. Did I really say:........ to say "Hail Mary" one thousand times when I have committed a 'sin', etc. What I said was quite to the contrary. You just paraphrased by deleting some of my key words.

If you have read my post very carefully, I quoted you as ".... to say "Hail Mary" one thousand times when I have committed a 'sin', etc. "

You will see the preceding "..." and "..." means a continuation.

If you follow my past posts, you will know my habit of quoting the portion that I am interested to discuss on.
My post is in agreement with you using my own words that 'lip-serving' "hail Mary" won't serve help concerning sin atonement.

Side-topic: There are proven pscychological benefits chanting "Hail Mary" many times will bring to the mind like calming.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
But He has warned us that many will call him, Lord, Lord and He is going to tell them: Depart from me, you workers of iniquities (and are you one of them).

Really, when did actual Jesus speak to you? Or was it another Jesus that you shaped in your mind?

John 12:47-48 Jesus said: If anyone hears My words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world.

Matthew 5:22 Jesus said: But anyone who says "you fool!" will be in danger of the fire of Hell.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have faith that Lord Jesus will accept me and receive me "unto His Kingdom" because we believe in His redeeming blood on the cross and His resurrection. If you called this 'supertitious', yes....I am indeed! And why am I 'supersititious'....because the Bible tells us so! And why we believe you as worker of iniquities who refused to acknowledge Him as Lord and Saviour, who rejected His redeeming blood will be condemned into eternality: Because the Bible tells us so!

I am reading this portion with great bemusement. When Pope John Paul II passed away, every christian that I spoken with, had told me "he won't go to heaven". As a layman catholic, why should you be more deserving than his holiness?

Then you paganic parents(not so sure) or forefathers(certainly) are being cursed by you to eternal condemnation.

Matthew 7:21 Jesus said: Not everyone who says Lord to Me will enter Heaven, only the one who does the will of God.

Even a believer, If you don't live as Jesus Christ demands - Jesus will send you into Eternal Torment:

Matthew 10:37 Jesus said: Whoever loves his father, mother, son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Luke 14:26 Jesus said: If anyone comes to Me without hating his father, mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters and even his own life, he can not be My disciple.

Are you still very confident?

Misrepresenting God's original Word -from 'Slaves' to 'maids/Servants' by a heaven-in-waiting believer constitutes a more serious crime?

Last edited: