• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greatest Achievement In History Of Singapore Team Sport

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Superb work by our paddlers to get into the Olympics Semi-Finals. The faggots in Singapore's Water Polo team did not even qualify for the Olympics. Same goes for our lazy soccer team who has never qualify for the Olympics or World Cup..

Olympics: Singapore women paddlers into team semisPosted: 14 August 2008 1649 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Li Jiawei and teammates beat Netherlands 3-0 on Thursday to advance into table-tennis team semifinals in the Beijing Olympics.

Results: Singapore beat Netherlands 3-0

Feng Tianwei (SIN) bt Li Jiao (Netherlands) 11-9, 10-12, 10-12, 11-5, 11-8

Li Jiawei (SIN) bt Timina Elena (Netherlands) 14-12, 11-2, 11-3

Wang Yuegu/Li Jiawei (SIN) bt Li Jie/Timina Elena (Netherlands) 11-8, 5-11,6-11, 11-6, 11-7.

- CNA/ir

David_Ginola

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remember 1 great joke. 1 minister says that he will make S'pore qualify into 2010 World Cup.......when i heard this, i laughed and laughed. It was a great joke........so easy meh? S'pore can't even beat Thailand, not to say China, Japan, Saudi....all asia kingpins. S'pore to qualify???? Hmmmm.....can. Be the host lor....

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remember 1 great joke. 1 minister says that he will make S'pore qualify into 2010 World Cup.......when i heard this, i laughed and laughed. It was a great joke........so easy meh? S'pore can't even beat Thailand, not to say China, Japan, Saudi....all asia kingpins. S'pore to qualify???? Hmmmm.....can. Be the host lor....

Our lazy, good for nothing soccer team let our Minister down but no worries. Our Table Tennis team has done our President proud by qualifying for the semi-finals.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG Soccer Team.. they are just good-for-nothing and play like Primary school kids.... waste our money....

BUT.... Li Jia Wei is FT leh... she win so wat? She is not Singaporean.. nothing to proud of... maybe China should be more proud... Please refer to the link below to have a better understanding of the ORIGIN of Li JiaWei....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Jiawei

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope and wish the table tennis team,all the best.
really hope they will go one better than the previous Olympic and won a medal.

as for the Singapore Lions,they are worst then when the team is still make up of amateurs like Dollah Kassm,Quah Kim Song,S Rajagopal and so on during the 70's.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple smaller scale of big event like the youth olympic already screw up liao. they now got problem to accomdate athletes, they haven think for how to accomdate the supporter tourists. sure to be sipeh laokui la.

big country like japan/korea also need to combine host to success. how to expect his island to host?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope that table tennis lose in all event. I bet they will never able to get olympic GOLD in their lifetime.
Wish Malaysia badminton player LEE CHONG WEI win. They at least get respect from others if they win.
Singapore use FT who will respect, only getting shame.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I recalled there was this pre-Olympics qualifying game (70s?), where we were 1-1 and came close to beating China. Lim Tang Boon then missed from the pernalty spot. Correct me if I am wrong.:confused:

To me, that WAS a S'pore team, and something to be proud of.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recalled there was this pre-Olympics qualifying game (70s?), where we were 1-1 and came close to beating China. Lim Tang Boon then missed from the pernalty spot. Correct me if I am wrong.:confused:

To me, that WAS a S'pore team, and something to be proud of.

I think you're referrring to Olympics 1980 football qualifying rounds, where Singapore actually topped a group containing North Korea, went to to semi play-off to beat China 1:0 with Wong Kok Chye scoring. Singapore was one game away from qualifying but crumbled under Iran 0:4 in the final play-off. That was the closest Singapore ever came within qualifying.

The Lim Tang Boon penalty miss, I think it was in the World Cup 1978 qualifying rounds final knock-out stage where Singapore lost 0:1 to HK and failed to make the group stage. More recently, in the World Cup 2010 qualifying rounds, Singapore finally made the group stage.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you're referrring to Olympics 1980 football qualifying rounds, where Singapore actually topped a group containing North Korea, went to to semi play-off to beat China 1:0 with Wong Kok Chye scoring. Singapore was one game away from qualifying but crumbled under Iran 0:4 in the final play-off. That was the closest Singapore ever came within qualifying.

The Lim Tang Boon penalty miss, I think it was in the World Cup 1978 qualifying rounds final knock-out stage where Singapore lost 0:1 to HK and failed to make the group stage. More recently, in the World Cup 2010 qualifying rounds, Singapore finally made the group stage.

Haha... guess my grey cells are all messed up!

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Li Jia Wei and her PRCs team mates came to S'pore when they were still in their teens. They certainly are trained and groomed by S'pore.

In the sport arena, there is only one yardstick - talent. You are where you are based solely on your ability. Those who make it to the top got to be talented and have good mental strengths. We should welcome these types of talented people to come to S'pore.

In the job market, in contrast, many third rated foreign trash have weak abilities but compete on lower wages for middle level jobs, thereby pulling down wage levels and overall productivity as well. These types of fake talents we should let in only when there is no S'porean to fill the vacancy.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is a true Singapore team, I will feel proud even if losing.

Well put bro. Rep point coming your way...

The cab driver I met today used a Cantonese proverb that sums it all up nicely:

"Use someone's buttock skin as your face" ...