• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

grab vs. über experience in sg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no fight. uber wins hands down. both the grab app and experience are an epic failure. not just the ride below from bedok south to changi (as shown via google map on uber's receipt), all other rides are smooth as shit on uber but hellish and hard to book on grab. the ride below for a 4-door sedan is only $10.76 while grab quoted me "$20-$25" for a taxi, which is only available for advanced booking. uber allows me to book the night before, and arranges a ride 10 minutes before pickup, alerting me to the available car and driver and where he is on the map as i finished washing up and getting ready. even the drivers are telling me the uber app and experience are many times way better for drivers and riders. easy to use, accurate, real-time, and reliable. the grab app is cumbersome, confusing, has too many limitations, and worst of all, rides are often not available. and then the app keeps on crashing after trying it again for another ride. why is the epic failure of the grab app able to succeed in south east asia when the much better app folds (to join the loser)? must be shenanigans at work. at this time of posting, uber still operates in sg.

Your Fare
no_collapse.png
Base Fare $3.00
Distance $5.11
Time $2.65
no_collapse.png

Subtotal $10.76

(btw, google map pic does not show up after copy and paste.) fuck google too.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now grabbed by the balls (used to do Uber only). No more weekly (Uber) promos.
Monopoly sucks, as similar benchmark distance 6km in evenings (outside peak hours) now doubled to $13-14 :confused:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told u. Technology is expensive and Grab lack behind innovative Map technology and data will be into trouble to fix massive data jamming.

Uber will win becos backed by Google the Giant Tech Co.

Uber next step is to own their fleet of EV fit of airport luggages.

By then the real fight is another fleet of EV for Grab to compete.

no fight. uber wins hands down. both the grab app and experience are an epic failure. not just the ride below from bedok south to changi (as shown via google map on uber's receipt), all other rides are smooth as shit on uber but hellish and hard to book on grab. the ride below for a 4-door sedan is only $10.76 while grab quoted me "$20-$25" for a taxi, which is only available for advanced booking. uber allows me to book the night before, and arranges a ride 10 minutes before pickup, alerting me to the available car and driver and where he is on the map as i finished washing up and getting ready. even the drivers are telling me the uber app and experience are many times way better for drivers and riders. easy to use, accurate, real-time, and reliable. the grab app is cumbersome, confusing, has too many limitations, and worst of all, rides are often not available. and then the app keeps on crashing after trying it again for another ride. why is the epic failure of the grab app able to succeed in south east asia when the much better app folds (to join the loser)? must be shenanigans at work. at this time of posting, uber still operates in sg.

Your Fare
no_collapse.png
Base Fare $3.00
Distance $5.11
Time $2.65
no_collapse.png

Subtotal $10.76

(btw, google map pic does not show up after copy and paste.) fuck google too.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if temasick is watching this, i would advise that you've failed in your due diligence in funding grab. unless they copy the uber app and expand server capacity, the grab app and experience will becum a major disappointment among users and drivers alike....and will ultimately fail. back in the tech corridor in sillycon valley, grab will not be able to compete with lyft and uber. users will junk grab in an instant.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now grabbed by the balls (used to do Uber only). No more weekly (Uber) promos.
Monopoly sucks, as similar benchmark distance 6km in evenings (outside peak hours) now doubled to $13-14 :confused:
wait until lyft expands and competes in markets outside of the u.s. lyft is much better than uber in sillycon valley as it has a smaller driver base due to strict criteria for driver approval. with uber, there are too many weirdos and sexual predators driving, especially for young female passengers riding alone. i use lyft exclusively in sillycon valley.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Told u. Technology is expensive and Grab lack behind innovative Map technology and data will be into trouble to fix massive data jamming.

Uber will win becos backed by Google the Giant Tech Co.

Uber next step is to own their fleet of EV fit of airport luggages.

By then the real fight is another fleet of EV for Grab to compete.
in sg, grab will win because it has temasick backing. uber is already giving up in sg and investing in grab instead. if that happens, i wish grab will junk their system and adopt uber's software and network capacity.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasik will throw money at anything that seen can swim but can sink talk later. No money take from yr cpf.

Grab is not a tech company so is Temasick and the bitch...

You shall see Grab will give up if lose money and goes back to Google for cheap sale...

in sg, grab will win because it has temasick backing. uber is already giving up in sg and investing in grab instead. if that happens, i wish grab will junk their system and adopt uber's software and network capacity.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries we have NTUC who will come in and ensure there is always GLC monopoly after Grab bites dust. The gahment always win.