• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Morning...Yesteryear.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
..onLy remembered how proud were we when we toLd our neighbours the next morning our famiLy had been to
the Drive-in cinema for a midnight movie..:wink:

sfugel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to live around that area too.....Lily theater was open aired,and after it rains,we will bring our own plastic sheets or newspaper.....and when it's about to rain,you'd better have your own umbrella.Prices than was 20 to 50 cents. Watched my 1st Bond movie,starring Sean Connery there. Char Kway Teow at Joo Chiat Market at night provides free Chinese tea.....same stall as the mamak mee Siam which sells in the morning.....ahhhhh......memories.....

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I used to live around that area too.....Lily theater was open aired,and after it rains,we will bring our own plastic sheets or newspaper.....and when it's about to rain,you'd better have your own umbrella.Prices than was 20 to 50 cents. Watched my 1st Bond movie,starring Sean Connery there. Char Kway Teow at Joo Chiat Market at night provides free Chinese tea.....same stall as the mamak mee Siam which sells in the morning.....ahhhhh......memories.....

MOre of the memories pLs....thanks.:wink:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
A collection of some of old coins which i kept..a 1977 $10 and 1967 $1 coin which i think is not in use now.

Pasir panjang road,in the 70s we would take bus no:10 to catch fighting spiders behind the bushes where the old salvation army boys and girls home is.

locals at a mass rally at the old kallang airport waiting for David marshall in the turbulent 60s.

"The last leaf" still hanging in there, meeting with foreign dignitaries at ministry of foreign affair.

A familiar sight in old spore.

The red building on the left is one of the oldest in chinatown.

Newly completed benjamin sheares bridge.

Clifford pier and raffles place.