• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Morning...Yesteryear.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I met a beautiful and wonderful girl at the Jurong ice skating rink....and I fell several times ...in love...and she helped me and taught me how to skate...damned chio girl with big eyes and a pony tail with bell bottom...those wonderful good old days...thank you for the memories . you guys must be in your 60s and 70s...

Taman Jurong, was the only place in Jurong, where the swinging was back then, cinemas, ice skating rink, drive in movie, cinemas & hawker centres. I remember Chase Mahanttan, Bank America, HSBC ( now Hong Kong Bank) & Chartered Bank ( now Standard Chartered Bank) have branches there. Bus services in & out of there were like snails...& the bus terminal was along Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim not far from there....the location was still there, till recent years.

Did you bonk the girl at the ice skaing rink or marry here...it was full of 'dole eye' Malaysian girls back then...real good "kampung chicken"... ha ha ha. The ice skaing rink at Taman Jurong, was the first & last time I tried ice skating...went "phat!" across the rink...

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
First election campaign since independence 1968.
Fullerton square

South bridge road

Kg geyland serai

1969 Lim chin Siong released from changi prison.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st 2 ice skating rinks were in Jurong an Kallang. Kallang had biggest bowling alley then (62 lanes on 2 floors). Owned by Saban timber magnate.

On ice hockey, visiting Electrolux team (Sweden) knocked Sinkie team. And we had speed skating, with figure skating by gals.

Went to kallang leisure park to watch a movie last week.
Kallang bowl still maintain a presence there though I counted only 10+ lanes....
Pale shadow of former.... I remembered the old kallang bowl was massive....had 2 sides and even on 2 levels.
They have a ice skating rink there still.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Durian stalls in bugis street.
I had mine already when i was in KL last week...yummy!
don't let these buggers in geyland con you saying this is mao sha wong..

the original mao sha wong from a plantation in bentong in pahang

In the 70s a must wear badminton master shoe with a large comb behind your pocket and centre parking hairstyle..very stylo mylo
to attract the gals in school.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Fond memories of geyland serai the kampong where i grew up.
During the 1968 election..geyland serai was the most hotly contested ward between PAP and UMNO..
I think PAP won by a very slim margin.

Even LKY was seen campaigning in my kampong.

The junction of geyland serai and joo chiat.

Singapura cinema was recently town down.

This malay kampong in geyland serai.

A old picture of east coast road.the small road in front of the shell station is tembleling road.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
This is how the name gu jia chwee(water buffalo transportation) came about as seen in chinatown hokkien street in the early 1920s.

Chinese new year shopping in chinatown

Last minute shopping cny.

Cecil street.

Outram Park where the present outram mrt station is now.

NDP south bridge road 1973.

boat quay

Beach road.

Shenton way.

Nicoll highway.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
those days no washing machine,women washing clothes at a public stand pipes in jln hock chye and in most kampongs in spore.

The opening of benjamin sheares bridge 1981.

malay couples having pinic at elizabeth park,notice the vase that contain hot water,memories indeed!

Mats having fun joget full swing at one of the many joints in geyland.

north bridge road near arab street.

a attap house in siglap.

Race day in bukit timah racecourse 1972 brings back sweet memories,look at the many punters during race day causing long traffic jams.

jockeys weighing out for the singapore gold cup 1989.

Rumme Shaw,chairman of spore turf club leading in his gold cup winner amusement park.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only place fit for that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY to be buried under

Public-toilet-sign-in-Bei-009.jpg

20080225-public%20toilet%20perrochon.jpg

7830541.jpg

20071010119200281322880800.jpg

Bury that bastard LKY under a public toilet or in sewerage treatment plant.
Sinkies shit on him or flowing around him will purify that bastard LKY
The stink of our shit will smell a lot better than that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
shenton way.

My dad use to operate a provision shop in my kampong and we also had a illegal gaming machine and tikam tikam in the shop too.

Upper cross street.

Spore bound cars stuck in a jam at the causeway 1990.

Old man happy like mad seeing this magazines in the 90s, transforming spore from a swampy land to a ..........:*:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
user/bigthinker2602/media/2014-01-08102301_zpsbf51b9df.jpg.html]
2014-01-08102301_zpsbf51b9df.jpg
[/URL]
jockeys weighing out for the singapore gold cup 1989.

_n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

That jockey 3rd from the Right is I.Azahar..:wink:
He was a top-notch LocaL jockey.Our connections had a profitabLe reLationship with him then.. :smile:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
That jockey 3rd from the Right is I.Azahar..:wink:
He was a top-notch LocaL jockey.Our connections had a profitabLe reLationship with him then.. :smile:

That jockey is not I azhar but I ismadi his elder(half)brother,same father different mother.
yes those days many of his punting friends make monies through his tips
he was at his peak in the mid 80s riding for top trainer teh choon beng for the powerful auric stable.
in 1985 he was nearly killed in a accident in the sports car he was driving,he survive but not his chinese girlfriend who was killed,
his girlfriend father was a big punter staying in hougang.
his present wife is also a chinese.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
65v7mr.jpg

Remember during my NS time in SAFTI
booked out long weekend on Friday night, would drop
at Rex theatre take a walk down to Bugis and have supper.
During my time, inside were all stalls selling all kind of things
and outside were all hawkers.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That jockey is not I azhar but I ismadi his elder(half)brother,same father different mother.
yes those days many of his punting friends make monies through his tips
he was at his peak in the mid 80s riding for top trainer teh choon beng for the powerful auric stable.
in 1985 he was nearly killed in a accident in the sports car he was driving,he survive but not his chinese girlfriend who was killed,
his girlfriend father was a big punter staying in hougang.
his present wife is also a chinese.
Thanks for the cLarification, Teacher.Oh yes; i remembered Ismadi now, who's the 'Lesser' brother on the the circuit.
Do continue with your Turf's stories if you have the time to post; Teacher.I am aLL ears ...thanks ! :smile:

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone heard of horses named Blue Rebus or Captain Gallant? They belong to my dead grandfather but I was just a kid back then. He had a few but these 2 names were all I remembered plus I had to pick a certain type of weed used to feed them. Quite sad I don't have any momento to remember him and his racehorses by.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Thanks for the cLarification, Teacher.Oh yes; i remembered Ismadi now, who's the 'Lesser' brother on the the circuit.
Do continue with your Turf's stories if you have the time to post; Teacher.I am aLL ears ...thanks ! :smile:

i would like to share the many memories of my turf stories both in spore and msia if i have the time,bro.

Anyone heard of horses named Blue Rebus or Captain Gallant? They belong to my dead grandfather but I was just a kid back then. He had a few but these 2 names were all I remembered plus I had to pick a certain type of weed used to feed them. Quite sad I don't have any momento to remember him and his racehorses by.

that must be many donkey years ago,i wasn't born yet but in those days you have to be very rich to be a horse owner or club member.

Ground breaking of the MRT.

Riots in geyland.

1962 air show in paya lebar.

The lost boys

guys please dun get angry!

back to school

fitzpatrick supermart.

Sun Yat Sun villa in balestier.

Whats wrong being a trishaw rider.

The two men that played a part in Singapore what it is today.