• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Advice from a Kiwi - Never trust the Chinese

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
printLogo.png

Never trust the Chinese: Ex-Fonterra head

By Sonya Bateson, Joseph Aldridge
10:10 AM Tuesday May 28, 2013
SCCZEN_A_2870312NZHRGRMILK03_220x147.jpg

Auckland Airport chairman-in-waiting Henry van der Heyden warned exporters in a speech about doing business with the Chinese. Photo / Richard Robinson

Former Fonterra chairman Sir Henry van der Heyden has warned exporters to be wary of fraudulent behaviour when doing business in China, saying: "Don't ever trust them ... never."

Speaking at a business women's conference in Tauranga, van der Heyden said doing business in China was full of surprises. "You've got to go and do business with your eyes wide open," he said.

Asked by an export manufacturer how small New Zealand businesses could ensure they were not ripped off when trading in China, Sir Henry said bad experiences should be used as opportunities to learn.

"That's my point about China. You will be full of surprises. Don't ever trust them ... never."

He later said the real intent of his comment was, "Be wary, be very careful."

Van der Heyden will head up the board of national gateway Auckland International Airport after the company's annual meeting in October. China is New Zealand's fastest growing tourism market and the airport is working hard with other tourism operators to attract more visitors from the country.

The airport company spent months courting China Southern Airlines to add Auckland to its international network. Current airport chair Joan Withers said she would comment later today, after speaking to van der Heyden.

Visitor arrivals from China through Auckland Airport were 37.2 per cent higher last month than April 2012. The 208,257 visitor arrivals for the 12 month period ending April 30 this year was a record for annual Chinese visitor arrivals at the airport.

Van der Heyden told conference delegates in Tauranga that Fonterra had learned the hard way after the Sanlu melamine scandal in 2008 and board members had discussed at length whether to continue producing milk in China.

"For us we made the decision, 'Look, we're here for the long run.' China is a very, very difficult market, and China's one of those places, I don't think you can sit on this side of the world and say this is how you're going to do business in China because you've actually got to be there, you've actually got to learn from your experiences as you evolve your business."

His comments come as Zespri is appealing against charges of criminal smuggling made against its Chinese subsidiary, saying it had been assured by Chinese officials the dual-invoicing method it was using was acceptable.

After the meeting, van der Heyden said he did not know enough of the details to comment on the Zespri court case but it reinforced his point.
NZ First leader Winston Peters said China's own Premier admitted the country's biggest problem was corruption and agreed that people should get to know the country before doing business there.

A spokesman for Foreign Affairs Minister Murray McCully said the minister had not seen van der Heyden's full remarks and was therefore unable to comment.

with nzherald.co.nz

By Sonya Bateson, Joseph Aldridge
- BAY OF PLENTY TIMES

Copyright ©2013, APN Holdings NZ Limited

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
In keeping with the same theme, they also hack hack as well.

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/security-it/blueprints-for-new-asio-headquarters-stolen-20130527-2n7kz.html

Blueprints for new ASIO headquarters 'stolen'
Date
May 27, 2013
93 reading nowComments 180 Read later

Ben Grubb
Deputy technology editor
Follow Ben on Twitter Follow Ben on Google + Email Ben
Zoom in on this story. Explore all there is to know.
ASIO Four Corners Chinese Defence Department

inShare
Pin Itsubmit to redditEmail articlePrintReprints & permissions

The ASIO site in Russell has been plagued by delays and budget blowouts. Photo: Graham Tidy
Blueprints for ASIO's new $631 million building were stolen by someone in China when a computer system containing the information was hacked.

According to a report by the ABC's Four Corners, the blueprints included floor plans and the locations of communications cabling, servers and security systems.

The theft of the blueprints occurred after hackers mounted a cyber attack on a contractor involved with building the new headquarters. They were reportedly traced to a server in China.

The new ASIO building will not open until the latter part of this year. Photo: Jay Cronan
The incident, which has renewed calls for government agencies to make mandatory disclosures in the event they are hacked, is partly responsible for continuing delays in opening the new ASIO building, which was meant to have been operational last month, Four Corners reported.

Advertisement
Costs have so far blown out by $171 million and it will not open until the latter half of this year.

The lead contractor is Bovis Lend Lease, but there is no suggestion it was the organisation hacked.

The new ASIO building at night. Photo: Katherine Griffiths
The departments of prime minister and cabinet, defence, tourism and foreign affairs and trade - home of Australia's overseas intelligence agency ASIS - have also been hacked, according to the program.

Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus declined to comment.

The cyber attack targeting the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reportedly involved the theft of a highly sensitive document by a foreign power.

A source told the program a Chinese foreign intelligence service was behind the hacking.

A separate source said that hackers had also accessed classified emails on the Defence Department's restricted network, which connects the entire Australian military.

A separate attack on the Defence Department involved an employee sending a highly classified document from his desk computer to his home email account.

Hackers had targeted the officer's home computer, allowing a copy of the document to be sent back to China once opened at home.

The hacking incidents, which are largely shrouded in secrecy, have reopened the debate on whether the government should impose mandatory data breach disclosure laws on organisations that have had a data breach.

A proposal for mandatory disclosure laws was included in a discussion paper released by former attorney-general Nicola Roxon in October 2012.

The discussion paper talks about organisations, companies and government agencies being forced to disclose breaches.

Alastair MacGibbon, a former Australian Federal Police officer who established its high-tech crime centre, said mandatory disclosure was necessary.

Four Corners also reported that Codan, a defence contractor based in Adelaide that designs and builds communications equipment for radio, satellite and metal detection applications, had also been targeted.

A spokesman for the company said it had beefed up its security.

The program said BlueScope Steel was a victim of a cyber attack about three years ago too.

Follow IT Pro on Twitter
Know more? [email protected]

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/securi...ters-stolen-20130527-2n7kz.html#ixzz2UY29n9L5

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm back! Leongsam is right. Never trust the PRC to be exact. Got chopped like a carrot when I was there. Stay tuned for my reports :biggrin:

Need to shower and sleep now. Just reached now.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid ang moh. just because he alone don't know how to deal with the chinese, doesn't mean others cannot. have so many ang mohs deal with the chinese without problem.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He meant China Chinese.

Singapore chinese can trust. We are dumb and will raise our ass to anyone.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ah Nehs cannot be trusted either. Majority of them know how to talk only.

Let me say again that if you rid the world of Chinese, Ah Nehs, Muslims and Gypsies, it will be a much better place for those left and that includes me.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the Human Race should be exterminated,,than the Earth can renew again,,but of course not sure of what the next evolution will be,,could be worse,,,

[video=youtube;MKIXQdv4G7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIXQdv4G7o[/video]

Let me say again that if you rid the world of Chinese, Ah Nehs, Muslims and Gypsies, it will be a much better place for those left and that includes me.

Fugitive

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm back! Leongsam is right. Never trust the PRC to be exact. Got chopped like a carrot when I was there. Stay tuned for my reports :biggrin:

Need to shower and sleep now. Just reached now.

I thought I saw you in GZnpast few days. Your avatar face look familiar.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hey piggy you forgot the Maoris?