• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gong Gia finally realised that he had been screwed big time by CHC

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
After submitting the first article to TRS- http://therealsingapore.com/content/revolution-christianity-singapore I could tell people who have went to CHC before encountered some upsetting events too, mainly with cell group leaders in the church.

Here’s to share top 3 unpleasant incidents committed by cell group leaders-

1. Calling church members the spawn of devil

I have 2 friends who attend CHC together since they were kids. They were also dating for 2 years when this incident occurred. They were both from different cell groups.

Lets call the boyfriend Matthew and the girlfriend Jenny.

Jenny was together with Matthew at his house when a fight broke out between Matthew and his mother. The fight turned violent so Jenny called Matthew’s cell group leader named Claudia over to help resolve the situation.

Claudia was never in favor of Jenny because of personal judgment issues and hence has been disagreeing with their relationship from the start. She took the opportunity to brainwash Matthew that Jenny was the cause of his sour relationship with his mother and she was a bad seed in the church. She strongly advised him to end the relationship immediately in front of Jenny.

Claudia then went to Jenny and scolded her, making her feel like the worse person on earth and that she was a sinner and the spawn of the devil. Her words were piercing and merciless.

Since Claudia was a cell group leader and was a prominent figure in church, Jenny felt that she might be right and started blaming herself from that point on. That very night, Jenny was still traumatized by the whole event and the words that Claudia had said to her. She was suicidal and totally broken. From the very start of the relationship, Matthew’s relationship with his mother had never been good. Jenny was the girl that brought them closer, getting both of them out for dinner, going to church together, and going shopping together and even overseas trips together. Yet Claudia accused her of being the culprit who sparked the fight that day.

Jenny’s mother had to call the pastor of Claudia for a mediating session for Claudia to explain herself and apologize to Jenny.

The whole incident was uncalled for and for a well-respected cell group leader to say such hurtful and pain-inducing words to another church member should not be tolerated.

The course of action taken by the pastor was unknown but doesn’t seem like much was done because Claudia was still a cell group leader a month later.

2. Collecting of offerings during cell group meetings.

So one of my friends named Chad who was a member with CHC for a long time went for a make-up cell group meeting (if you can’t make it for your once a week cell group meeting, you have to go for a make-up session with another group).

During the meeting, that particular cell group leader realized that Chad did not give any offering during the collection segment. So after the meeting he went to confront Chad:

Cell group leader: “Hi, I realized you didn’t give anything during the offering segment.”

Chad: “Yes I will be giving tomorrow when I go for service.”

Cell group leader: “But as a matured member, you should at least give something to set an example to the newer members.”

At this point Chad was speechless. One on hand he didn’t want to offend the cell group leader but on the other he knows that this cell group leader’s mentality is totally screwed up.

First of all, I have to post a question to CHC. Why is there a need to collect offerings during cell group meetings? These meetings are conducted in members’ house and there’s a separated cell group fund collected for the hosting member to prepare refreshments. These offerings collected from cell group meetings still go to the church.

So basically the church collects: Tithes, offerings during service, offerings during cell group meetings, mission fund and building fund.

Secondly, when one gives his offerings to God he gives it to God. So why is it that a cell group leader is questioning members if he chose not to give his offerings. And just because there are new members? Setting an example? Chad is giving to God with a sincere heart not giving JUST BECAUSE HE HAS TO SET AN EXAMPLE. If setting an example is so important, why not make all pastors declare how much they give as tithe, offerings, and the various pledge funds?

This brings me to my third point as well-

Do you people know that CHC has a database to keep track on how much each member gives as tithe per month?

They have also made giving very convenient; you can pay by cash, cheques, credit cards and nets using the AXS machines around the church. Online donation is also available 24/7.

So if a member fails to give his tithe/ fulfill his pledged building fund for that month, his cell group leader would call him and question him. The guilt tripping and the embarrassment would make you head down to church and queue up at the AXS machine the very next day.

They make sure EVERY SINGLE MEMBER pay their tithe RELIGIOUSLY even if you are a secondary school student.

So imagine if a family of 4 attends CHC together and the man is the sole breadwinner, he tithes, gives some money to his wife who will then tithe and then allowance to their 2 kids who will also then tithe. How much of that man’s salary actually gone to the church before he could actually put food on the table?

3. Fornication

There are many events that are of course unpublicized showed cell group leaders getting attached romantically with their members. They therefore carry out sexual intercourse committing fornication in church.

Once they break up, their secrets starts coming out because if you remember from my previous article, “accountability” needs to be practiced. So the member/ cell group leader has to confess during counseling.

Final words

The distinctive hierarchy practiced by CHC has somehow proven itself to be detrimental to them. Pastors have too many things to worry about than their members’ well being and therefore leave it to the cell group leader to micro-manage the members.

The cell group leaders themselves are most of the time unqualified in their field because they do not have proper guidance on how to manage people. All that they have done is bootlick the pastors and their previous cell group leader who would nominate them to go through a “cell group leader” course. These leaders take on responsibilities which overtime shown that their skills are inadequate to handle.

Of course, there are cell group leaders out there that have been doing a good job. I hope the good ones surpass the bad ones but they can never make up for the detrimental effects the bad ones have caused. Cell group leaders help to change life and gives members advise to make life decisions often, this is no Nintendo game.

Imagine if there is more than one Claudia, how many Jenny could have committed suicide by now?

And of course, the offering part:

Dear CHC, asking your members to cut back heavily just so that they can build God’s house, asking your members to sell their houses to build God’s house, all these are national joke.

I have been in this church for years and I have witness so much, I was present for every service, cell group meeting, sub zone meeting, zone meeting, conference, seminar, bible study, prayer meeting, crusades, mission fund, building fund etc. I have sacrificed so much for this church, I was 14 and I was going through my puberty. To contribute to the mission fund that year I pledge $500.

For 2-3 months I brought sandwich from home to school every single day. When I had $500 and I put it in the envelope, tears engulfed me and I told myself it would be worth it.

Years later came building fund, I did my part and sacrificed so much. I was always hungry but I still starve myself just so I can make my pledge amount for the church. My parents found out that I have been giving so much money to the church they were so angry and cut my allowance by half. I did not make it for my pledge amount but I still gave as much as I could.

I will never forget how painful it is when I put that money into the envelope during that service and singing “Church Without Walls”.

Years later it came out in the news that the leaders have used the building fund money to fund Sun’s failed career. HOW DO YOU THINK PEOPLE LIKE ME WOULD FEEL? MY SAVINGS, MY SWEAT AND BLOOD. I have given in vain and no china wine could drown my sorrows.

Proven guilty or not, God will judge you when the day comes. I might not have given much as compared to the wealthy businessmen in the church, but what I gave was ALL that I had.

I dare not call myself a Christian now because I do not belong to any church. My impression of churches and Christians has been tainted ever since my experience in CHC. I still live under the shelter of my parents who are much happier now that I’m out of CHC. My parents are doing well financially but I’m still waiting to reap what I have sowed to CHC’s Mission and Building Fund. (I know what the Pastor would say; “your reward awaits you in heaven. It might not be earthly material blessing.”) I hope the brainwashed City Harvesters would soon realize this cult’s influence and grow out of it as soon as possible. Or in a more ideal scenario would be that the Pastors of CHC change the structure of the church and be more sincere to help member grow closer to God than just focusing on how to squeeze as much money out of members as possible.

Whenever I hear the letters CHC nowadays, mixed feelings rush over me. I have decided that the years I spent, the money I gave and the lesson I learnt were all worthless. The prosperity gospel works for those who are preaching the prosperity gospel, I call the leaders of CHC “The Wolf of Christianity”.

*all names used are not their real names.*

Ex-CHC member

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah.... what a heavy topic....

time to lighten the mood with some cool music :cool:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wSZQH_c9jOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah.... what a heavy topic....

time to lighten the mood with some cool music :cool:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wSZQH_c9jOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Get thee behind me, Satan! :mad:

Let's listen to some edifying Christian worship music. :smile:

[video=youtube;DA_rsk9yI8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA_rsk9yI8M[/video]

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
1656977.jpg

"Wheee.... See, I'm an angel of God! I believe I can fly....!"

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Majority of the teens who are CHC members go to church not because they are curious to know more about teachings of the bible.
There are mainly present for the purpose of BGR and social networking.
If we really question them about the bible, they don't really know much about the truth versus facts actually.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Majority of the teens who are CHC members go to church not because they are curious to know more about teachings of the bible.
If we really question them about the bible, they don't really know much about the truth versus facts actually.

You can't really blame them, a lot of yandao kias in those charismatic churches. The nerdy Christian chicks are also quite easy to manipulate.

"Wanna go for Bible study together?" :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are there to do this instead included in the prosperity gospels.

I Cor 6: 8-11
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do dey need hang pig head...pour pig blood service for those who dun pay? Moi friend...siao kau say he interested wor...:biggrin::biggrin:

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The false promise of reward in heaven is not much different from medieval period. Back then, medieval gong gias were willing to lose their lives brainwashed to join holy wars believing they will earn a place in heaven. Today gong gias are willing to lose their HDB pigeon holes. When a person cannot think and view from a different angle, you got brainwashed easily. Mankind already traveled to outer space, there is no heaven as described in the bullshit bible. The people that gained ultimately real rewards are the pastors, not the volunteers.

This chap has at least awakened from his delusion, so don't say he is gong anymore! No matter how much truth this thread is revealing,there are going to be a handful of gong gias in sbf continuing to believe in the false reward of heaven. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Fornication

There are many events that are of course unpublicized showed cell group leaders getting attached romantically with their members. They therefore carry out sexual intercourse committing fornication in church.

Once they break up, their secrets starts coming out because if you remember from my previous article, “accountability” needs to be practiced. So the member/ cell group leader has to confess during counseling.

If Con Hee or Horsey Face commit fornication, who do they confess to ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Fornication

Normal boyfriend-girlfriend hold hands, kiss and go for movies cannot meh?

They can choose not to have sex, save sex for marriage. :wink:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fornication in church? Hotel money also saved liao. No wonder if you forgot to donate, they call you up.