• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng's Tampines Journey - Watch this Space

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
TOC better read than TR, but more reflecting the needs of bleeding heart neo-liberals there IMHO

My exact sentiments as well - good analogy.

It is an ongoing dichotomy.

Loh & Chiam will tell you they are only 2 out of 81 - so what do you realistically expect from them ?

But I think there should be more proactive & combative in Parliament.

LTK always gives me the impression he has some Chinese-Ed mental complex & is averse to be engage more in House Debates.

Chiam - honestly, beyond being the likeable Brutus Thornapple, never has the 'animal spirits' to actively stand up to PAP.

Had these 2 been more 'high profile' & active in Parliament, they would have raise the morale of the Opposition & gave more hope & heart to Opp voters.[/QUOTE]

Stop being silly! The only way that you know what CST and LTK do in parliament is IF the 154th report it. And you must know what the primary goal of the 154th is.

As long as the PAPies remain in power, you cannot expect the 154th to report reality. So take back what you said or at least understand the political climate you are living in before making such silly remarks.

Thank you.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop being silly! The only way that you know what CST and LTK do in parliament is IF the 154th report it.
As long as the PAPies remain in power, you cannot expect the 154th to report reality. So take back what you said or at least understand the political climate you are living in before making such silly remarks.

Thank you.

Thank you my arse !

Your constant lapse into raving madness is most irksome.
I can view youtube for CST & LTK's speeches in parliament.
154th may have propanganda as one major official pillar, nonetheless to say it doesn't report reality AT ALL as you imply is just inane.

Silly yourself & get off my back, asshole, your understanding of the political climate & constant call for 33% to convince 66% to overthrow PAP govt is lagi more delusional - i never wanted to deride your illusions, but you are putting me up to it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as the PAPies remain in power, you cannot expect the 154th to report reality.

You're very intelligent and discerning. There're many things that opposition parties have said and done that went unreported by the media, or even worse, came out distorted. For many, on the hand they know fully well and criticise the subservience of the media to ruling party, but on the other hand contradict themselves when they believe wholesale WYSIWYG the images the media project.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're very intelligent and discerning. There're many things that opposition parties have said and done that went unreported by the media, or even worse, came out distorted. For many, on the hand they know fully well and criticise the subservience of the media to ruling party, but on the other hand contradict themselves when they believe wholesale WYSIWYG the images the media project.

Yeah right, go ahead, blame the media. So, what have they done since you said they have done "MANY" things. Like what?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah right, go ahead, blame the media. So, what have they done since you said they have done "MANY" things. Like what?

I'm not an opposition spokesman. I speak in my own opinion based on my personal knowledge only. I don't owe anyone any explanation and evidence and list of things done. I've spoken my mind. You don't have to take my word for it. You're free to assume that nothing's done. There're many things going on out there, but don't just believe me, serious. I can tell you that there's a country called China 4,000 miles north of Singapore, but don't expect me to prove it you or bring you there.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
To say that the 154th does not report fairly may be true or just a convenient excuse. However there is no need to rely on the 154th. The opposition parties have their own websites which are not edited, censored or obstructed.

Just go to their website and see how many basic issues affecting Singaporeans are addressed.

This is very objective.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
To say that the 154th does not report fairly may be true or just a convenient excuse. However there is no need to rely on the 154th. The opposition parties have their own websites which are not edited, censored or obstructed.

Just go to their website and see how many basic issues affecting Singaporeans are addressed.

This is very objective.

IT's amazing that even after the 154th themselve admit that they are the governing party's mouthpiece and the 154th have ISD and PAP members at the top of the 154th's hierarchy, we still have people wanting to argue that the 154th is objective.

The fact that there are no alternative mass media outlets other than the 154th and those managed by the PAPies is clear that the mass media in Singapore is a mouthpiece for the PAPies and even more than that the mainstream mass media is a propaganda machine that allows the PApies to continue their diabolical way in which they manage the country.

But so be it. At least the actions of posters that argue for the 154th allow us to know what they are about and their intentions are.

You are right, people should visit the websites of the Alternative Parties. But do not lose touch with the postings of those that support the 154th. They are shapeshiters and will pretend to support Alternative PArties as and when it suits their needs. But when the chips are on the tablethey will show their true PAPpy dog colours.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
IT's amazing that even after the 154th themselve admit that they are the governing party's mouthpiece and the 154th have ISD and PAP members at the top of the 154th's hierarchy, we still have people wanting to argue that the 154th is objective.

Questions of the oppositions' proactiveness in reflecting singaporeans' needs can be answered objectively by reference to the oppositions' own websites.

There is no need to cross-ref to the 154th and get yourself tied up in ceaseless and useless debates.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are missing the point. SPH controls the main stream media. Its first and foremost duty is to the country and its people. Journalism like medicine, law and many aspects of public service is an essential and noble endeavour.

Unfortunately it is used as an instrument of the PAP for its own purposes. It has a poor and sad track record. Journalism in Singapore is thus considered thrash in Singapore.

You are also mistaken that opposition websites does provide alternative views. There is no comparison between the two. Its akin to suggest that Robinsons and the small store in the HDB void deck are similar.

If the PAP is truly that good, it would have made SPH independent and introduced competition. It can't and it never will. Its no different to the Admin banning you because your views are different from others. That's no fair or is it?

Would suggest that you find logic behind a position before assuming that everything PAP says is right. Its not religion where faith is involved. We can only make it better country if we can see the flaws in ourselves. It took the old man 22 years to realise that no all people are linguistically inclined. A mistake that caused some in a generation dearly.

Here is little but true story and it involves the former Perm Sec and old man's brother in law. He has 2 sons. The first son struggled thru Chinese and seeing the strain his boy, Kwa Soon Been appraoched his sister and suggested the he send his son overseas for his education. The sister persuaded him otherwise as it would be a slap to the face of her husband. He agreed. When his second son struggled and mind you with tuition, he told his sister, its his son's future and sent him overseas. He was so upset with the policy and the damage that it did to those with less linguistic skills, he committed this episode to the Oral History Archive. He was convinced its was a mistake as he saw his sons flourish overseas and became a success. It took Ho Ching - another in law to convince the old man that he was mistaken and forced her stepson's enrollment in Singapore American School. How many Singaporeans can afford sending their kids overseas. By the way, the policy was breached by allowing the grandson to go to American School.

I am telling you this as SPH for 22 years did not provide alternative views or provide contrarian or indepedent thought to this policy. This is one of many examples where the fourth estate failed. This is despite the fact that many Singaporeans had expressed the burden of one subject causing mayhem.

Questions of the oppositions' proactiveness in reflecting singaporeans' needs can be answered objectively by reference to the oppositions' own websites.

There is no need to cross-ref to the 154th and get yourself tied up in ceaseless and useless debates.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are missing the point. SPH controls the main stream media. Its first and foremost duty is to the country and its people. Journalism like medicine, law and many aspects of public service is an essential and noble endeavour.

Unfortunately it is used as an instrument of the PAP for its own purposes. It has a poor and sad track record. Journalism in Singapore is thus considered thrash in Singapore.

You are also mistaken that opposition websites does provide alternative views. There is no comparison between the two. Its akin to suggest that Robinsons and the small store in the HDB void deck are similar.

If the PAP is truly that good, it would have made SPH independent and introduced competition. It can't and it never will. Its no different to the Admin banning you because your views are different from others. That's no fair or is it?

Would suggest that you find logic behind a position before assuming that everything PAP says is right. Its not religion where faith is involved. We can only make it better country if we can see the flaws in ourselves. It took the old man 22 years to realise that no all people are linguistically inclined. A mistake that caused some in a generation dearly.

Here is little but true story and it involves the former Perm Sec and old man's brother in law. He has 2 sons. The first son struggled thru Chinese and seeing the strain his boy, Kwa Soon Been appraoched his sister and suggested the he send his son overseas for his education. The sister persuaded him otherwise as it would be a slap to the face of her husband. He agreed. When his second son struggled and mind you with tuition, he told his sister, its his son's future and sent him overseas. He was so upset with the policy and the damage that it did to those with less linguistic skills, he committed this episode to the Oral History Archive. He was convinced its was a mistake as he saw his sons flourish overseas and became a success. It took Ho Ching - another in law to convince the old man that he was mistaken and forced her stepson's enrollment in Singapore American School. How many Singaporeans can afford sending their kids overseas. By the way, the policy was breached by allowing the grandson to go to American School.

I am telling you this as SPH for 22 years did not provide alternative views or provide contrarian or indepedent thought to this policy. This is one of many examples where the fourth estate failed. This is despite the fact that many Singaporeans had expressed the burden of one subject causing mayhem.

The only assurance I got reading this is that Ho Ching - a powerful woman whose power is beyond redemption - has one plus point.