• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng attacks Yaw Shin Leong on his blog

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like by now, perhaps everyone is resigned to the fact that the rumours could be true, hence I guess some people feel that keeping silent is better, some feel admitting it is better. Opinions are divided.

Personally for me speaking from political angle, silence is better because political costs are not as much or as damaging as curiousity costs. If admitting, you will stoke more stories by who the woman is, how they met or for some Sammyboy bros here, "where they did it" or "which position", the looks of both of them etc.

Look at SPP for example. Or RP, PKMS, SDA. All these parties had recent fallouts. SPP even kept the flame alive leading to 5 continuous days of news reports. But despite the fact that political costs are adding up, it still doesn't add up to a significant extent.

Keeping silent may work, if and only if, your political opponents also bahave like gentleman and keep quiet as well....Will they ???

Timing is everything....

Looking at the ongoing US GOP Presidential Primary, a lot of opponents will hit by personal scandals that happen in the past. Herman Cain was suddenly accused of sexually harassing women in the past, ONLY when he became the frontrunner. His accusers suddenly came out one by one out of nowhere just when he was winning. He was ultimately forced to drop out. Similarly, Newt Gingrich's ex-wife acts blur and keep quiet for many years. Just when he was starting to win, she suddenly jumped out, spreading all kinds of wild rumours and has her final revenge. Gingrich is now losing the race, especially the women support.

YSL and WP opponents won't stay silent forever.....

For example the husband of the involved woman should learn from Gingrich's ex-wife, quietly collecting all the evidence, secretly worked withYSL opponent and strike back forcefully 4 years later with maximum damage.

For PAP, the YSL saga is their best and perhaps only weapon to take back Hougang, Aljunied and stop their gradual expansion into neighbouring constituencies. They should use it wisely, timely and ruthlessly.

WP has the opportunity to remove that time bomb immediately...but they choose otherwise.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keeping silent may work, if and only if, your political opponents also bahave like gentleman and keep quiet as well....Will they ???

Timing is everything....

Looking at the ongoing US GOP Presidential Primary, a lot of opponents will hit by personal scandals that happen in the past. Herman Cain was suddenly accused of sexually harassing women in the past, ONLY when he became the frontrunner. His accusers suddenly came out one by one out of nowhere just when he was winning. He was ultimately forced to drop out. Similarly, Newt Gingrich's ex-wife acts blur and keep quiet for many years. Just when he was starting to win, she suddenly jumped out, spreading all kinds of wild rumours and has her final revenge. Gingrich is now losing the race, especially the women support.

YSL and WP opponents won't stay silent forever.....

For example the husband of the involved woman should learn from Gingrich's ex-wife, quietly collecting all the evidence, secretly worked withYSL opponent and strike back forcefully 4 years later with maximum damage.

For PAP, the YSL saga is their best and perhaps only weapon to take back Hougang, Aljunied and stop their gradual expansion into neighbouring constituencies. They should use it wisely, timely and ruthlessly.

WP has the opportunity to remove that time bomb immediately...but they choose otherwise.

Enough has been said about the points you raised. It's a matter of devil and deep blue sea.

Alladin

Alfrescian
Loyal
or perhaps would be exposed later. the sword of demacoles.
I think this scenario quite likely. WP leadership really dunno how much shit is out there, so if comment now then later proven to be liars, straight away orh bak kak already.
Also, YSL is LTK personal aide for 10 years. How much he knows about LTK and the internal affairs (pun intended) within WP? Will YSL pom everything out if LTK hiong hiong chop him out?
IMHO, all this silence points toward there being more than meets the eye or rumour. It may not just be YSL and his itchy cock poking other people's wives.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that the msm have gotten hold of some new material. If they use it, there should be enough material for this to burn for another week.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true. Home is more than what is within the four walls of our own abbot. Will sinkie children have a home, that they can call home:confused::o

I still remember your question; What is the difference between selfish and self-centered.:(

Remember the recent PE also.

One thing you don't seem to understand is that most of us are not really that interested or even bias towards individual opposition parties or individual candidates. The main goal is to make the government more accountable and peoples' lives better. We won't easily forget that you tried to be a stumbling block to that objective when the next GE comes around.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the circumstances, I think guys YSL and WP played this quite well. They correctly bet that those who started this would be unable or unwilling to produce evidence.

This reminds me of "Gay Agenda" Vivi Bala. Are they ready to sacrifice the PAP mole now or wait until 2016?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks like by now, perhaps everyone is resigned to the fact that the rumours could be true, hence I guess some people feel that keeping silent is better, some feel admitting it is better. Opinions are divided.

Right now I am getting a lot of conflicting reports through my grapevine about the possible women that YSL has ever been involved with.

The point is that even if the rumours I am getting are half true, YSL has basically a lot of people who potentially have the motive to screw him badly. I am afraid that while WP's strategy of silence is basically correct, the number of people who have a vested interest in seeing this go as badly as possible is a bit frightening to consider.

WP leadership is obviously confident that those with hard evidence have been somehow deterred from releasing it. This implies a deep knowledge of what has happened. I believe they will handle this the right way. Silence has always been WP's strength, contrary to the hordes of anons in recent years decrying the party as being a wayang or meek party. They are basically playing a strategy that has withstood the test of time: If there's nothing good to say, or no good way to say what you want to say, then don't say it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heard that the msm have gotten hold of some new material. If they use it, there should be enough material for this to burn for another week.

That;s not my understanding. My understanding is that what has previously been released to MSM and TRE (which is a branch of the PAP-controlled MSM, by the way) is all that will be, and there is a very strong disincentive for the perpetrators to release more. YSL and LTK had a stronger hand than was previously realized. MSM has no choice but to let it die a quiet death.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
That;s not my understanding. My understanding is that what has previously been released to MSM and TRE (which is a branch of the PAP-controlled MSM, by the way) is all that will be, and there is a very strong disincentive for the perpetrators to release more. YSL and LTK had a stronger hand than was previously realized. MSM has no choice but to let it die a quiet death.

Actually I have hardly commented on the issue because I don't expect much out of it either. I don't know why people didn't realise that when Steve Chia got kinky with his maid which seem even more glaring, his share of vote increased by 5%. What is surprising then is the experienced but disgruntled opp political insects who pick the wrong battles thinking of milking something from this.

To be honest, one thought came to my mind just this evening and I feel the village chap cannot be totally blamed. LTK is well known to those who work with him for poor handling of people. Not as bad as Chiam but not too good either. In his belief for showing fresh faces, his attitude towards those who have joined longer is giving a feeling of being forgotten. That is normal when it comes to politics, but LTK overdoes it by not greeting when he passes by them like invisible or as if he has amnesia and like you are some newcomer not introduced to him yet, but cosys with the post-2011ers and some post-2006ers. This has led to the creation of a generation of disgruntled chaps from the 80s, 90s or 2000s era, of which the village chap (who joined in 2001) is one of them. Heard that during a latest member seminar, several veterans stood up to express their unhappiness.

True that the village chap remains not a good and altruistic insect, but the root cause I feel is LTK. Of course, compared to Chiam who sidelines everyone because he and his wife only believes in showing their own faces, he is better.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haha! The insect finally bites back at its own nest! Why? Well, after so much wayang loyalty it has shown, his nomination to be back into the kitchen nest was turned down!

Back then, people always view me as the closest aide to LTK and that's why the stabbing all around. Now the story turns around to say that I am actually not in his good book! Which is which? Now we have found a new insect which brain could be twisted 180 degree around!

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Never say never, TFBH. Don't underestimate PAP and the establishments under its control.

Goh Meng Seng

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A
To be honest, one thought came to my mind just this evening and I feel the village chap cannot be totally blamed. LTK is well known to those who work with him for poor handling of people. Not as bad as Chiam but not too good either. In his belief for showing fresh faces, his attitude towards those who have joined longer is giving a feeling of being forgotten. That is normal when it comes to politics, but LTK overdoes it by not greeting when he passes by them like invisible or as if he has amnesia and like you are some newcomer not introduced to him yet.

Certain herierachy must be observed in party like an MNC. YOu can't look too good or too bad. Whichever way you tried to look may make you look like a clown instead. Certain air is necessary to portray the seriousness of characters but does not dilute the need to be humble. Otherwise he won't walked around shaking hands and asking for party donations in hawker center. Best is to maintain the originality of personality and learn to delicate, just be himself and no mask is needed otherwise you ended up like Zorro Lim Swee Say or Teary Lim Boon Heng - fake and disgusting.

If you have thousands of members to manage, you can't smile at everyone and all the time without causing numbness on the cheek. To succeed, everyone must learn to withold their ego and sensitivity to prove his worth by dong something instead of hoping to be treated fairly. Decades ago LTK has been portrayed as a resilience opposition leader and smoking alone in his office facing the wall and worrying about Singapore future . I think the last watershed election proved there is hope and optimism for him. He came so far not without difficulty and challenge and no younger ones should doubt him but respect him as leader instead.

It takes times, winning the first GRC is just the beginning of many learning points. We should encourage and not discourage the opposition to work harder and recruit more credible team. The first step is always an important step, so don't create anymore stumbling block for them when PAP were already good at doing so.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never say never, TFBH. Don't underestimate PAP and the establishments under its control.

Goh Meng Seng

To fear PAP is to admit defeat. No matter how strong your enemy is, look for their weak point and not their strength. I think, we have overestimated PAP after the last watershed GE and PE.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Not underestimating your opponents doesn't equate to fear them. Sorry, you got it wrong brother.

Goh Meng Seng

To fear PAP is to admit defeat. No matter how strong your enemy is, look for their weak point and not their strength. I think, we have overestimated PAP after the last watershed GE and PE.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The following is from Yahoo News comment by John Lane:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/wp-mp-yaw-shin-leong-embroiled-in-online-storm-.html

WP politics 101:

1) Always answer a question with a question, and remember, sound angry about it - the LTK way

2) Give convoluted speeches peppered with nice sounding lofty motherhood statements. No need for substance and content as long as everything sounds nice and lofty - the CSM way

3) Never, ever give a straight answer to any questions. Be as vague as possible. When all else fails, keep silent and pray hard that the storm will blow over - the YSL, GG and YJJ way

4) Keep silent and hope that no arrows will come to you - the SL and MF way

5) Flip and flop and flip and flop - the PS way

Master the above 5 ways and you will be fielded in GE2016

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certain herierachy must be observed in party like an MNC. YOu can't look too good or too bad. Whichever way you tried to look may make you look like a clown instead. Certain air is necessary to portray the seriousness of characters but does not dilute the need to be humble. Otherwise he won't walked around shaking hands and asking for party donations in hawker center. Best is to maintain the originality of personality and learn to delicate, just be himself and no mask is needed otherwise you ended up like Zorro Lim Swee Say or Teary Lim Boon Heng - fake and disgusting.

If you have thousands of members to manage, you can't smile at everyone and all the time without causing numbness on the cheek. To succeed, everyone must learn to withold their ego and sensitivity to prove his worth by dong something instead of hoping to be treated fairly. Decades ago LTK has been portrayed as a resilience opposition leader and smoking alone in his office facing the wall and worrying about Singapore future . I think the last watershed election proved there is hope and optimism for him. He came so far not without difficulty and challenge and no younger ones should doubt him but respect him as leader instead.

It takes times, winning the first GRC is just the beginning of many learning points. We should encourage and not discourage the opposition to work harder and recruit more credible team. The first step is always an important step, so don't create anymore stumbling block for them when PAP were already good at doing so.

As mentioned, no one expects exaggerations like smiling at everyone. People who were present can see the obvious. The post-2006 batch will face the same after 2016. It's changing faces for the sake of doing so because the electorate wants it. And to do so, the way is make people feel unwelcomed. You can't reach the 87 candidate target if this goes on.

You also mention hierarchy, which is interesting reflects what I said. WP as a party what it is still remains as 14 CEC and the rest members (whether cadre or ordinary has the same powers). It's like a plateau with a molehill on top, rather than a real triangular hierarchy. A plateau is even more dangerous for a volunteer organisation because everyone is a volunteer and not much can be done. Each of the top few holds 3-5 other posts while the hundreds are tasked with standing around of which many would drop out due to boredom. The organising departments, web teams etc should expand but not the case.

As a result the veterans are diluted among the newbies and the newbies of course will tend to be given the "standing around" more. Veterans don't even get to stand around anymore. Yaw is suffering on behalf of LTK, who has created a monster. It explains that the village chap if it sees any opportunity or false opportunity will onslaught - too much disgruntlement?

Last edited:

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all have short memories especially if it doesn't happen to us personally or on a grand scale (i.e. WWII). This will not be the first and not be the last. Ask a man on the street if he remembers Nassim Jade, Mrs Goh Chok Tong's 'peanut' comment or Steve Chia's photography hobbies?

I can assure you at least 4 won't remember, 3 needs refreshing, 2 don't care and 1 never heard of such a thing out of 10.

If GMS wants to bring this up 4 years later, it only means he likes to chew on bitten bones and not look for new ones. I am waiting and watching.

Well, you remember, don't you??

Of course, you and i remember........... so what makes you think that any man on the street will not remember, needs refreshing, dont care etc.

Well, the PAP could always refresh too............... didn't Steve Chia performance since then speaks louder?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hahaha. It reminds me of what happened in GE2011. Some NSP member told me that in CCK area, some residents were complaining and gave snide remarks: "Why NSP so lack of candidates until need to field that nude photo guy?" I was sharing this with Sebastian and I told him next time anyone says the same thing to him again, he could retort, "Not so bad for NSP lah, even WP has problems and to send people who have been doubted as adulterer!" :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Well, you remember, don't you??

Of course, you and i remember........... so what makes you think that any man on the street will not remember, needs refreshing, dont care etc.

Well, the PAP could always refresh too............... didn't Steve Chia performance since then speaks louder?