• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng attacks Yaw Shin Leong on his blog

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Two nicks obviously do not fall under any of these above four categories, but pretends to. It's day 14 or two weeks some have nearly only talked about this topic, on a nearly everyday basis.

What I think people need to do is to take off the hypocrispy, but what's new since it has always been so.

You're correct. Its day 14 of the saga and there are people here with an obvious agenda to keep the matter alive in every way possible. One has even gone so far as to take the hunt offline.

I recall Gandhi confronting Teo Ho Pin at his MPS about the Sheng Siong issue. That was obviously something which concerns heartlanders. But here we have a personal agenda played out in full glare of the media that has nothing to do the lives of residents.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're correct. Its day 14 of the saga and there are people here with an obvious agenda to keep the matter alive in every way possible. One has even gone so far as to take the hunt offline.

I am surprise this is still the top thread.....

much credit to Goh Meng Seng.... while I share the same view as him that WP mess up..... he has clearly turn this into an attack on WP , WP members.... without attacking the WP leadership directly.... that is why I call him a coward and hypocrite

as for the crowd mindlessly defending of WP, I see the same crowd who mindlessly attacking Tan CHeng Bock and mindlessly sarpork Tan Jee Say.... you guys need to take a step back and think as neutral supporters do....

it doesnt matter what you think, it matter what the swing voters think....

there is no point condemning Yaw any more.... the damage is done and unsalvageable.....the PAP dogs who wan to squeeze this issues can now do so for the next 5 years......

also dun understand why goh meng seng keep attacking forumers as WP insects, juts pinpoint the particular forumer you wan to attack.....not all forumers are WP members. !!!! no wonder every1 hates you

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Have you read Alex Au's master piece on First World opposition prior to GE? He said that 3 corner or multi-corner fight is ok and there shouldn't be "opposition unity". And he claims to be neutral political observer.

His logic is, political parties should fight each other and the best will survive. It is a contest of ideas and branding, let the best survive. The First World Opposition should withstand criticisms, attacks and contest not only from the ruling party but also from each other. But I can tell you, this is only to justify WP's insistence on going into 3 corner fights without budging to others.

Intriguingly, Alex Au only criticizes on SPP recently for its internal strife but miss out WP's inadequacy on the ministerial pay as well as the Yaw-gate. (I noticed that he has removed one comment on his article on SPP mentioning this) I guess suddenly most people felt WP is such a weakling and should not be subject to criticisms at all, least "attacks".

First of all, I am NOT even a member of any opposition party, just as a political observer like Alex Au.

Actually I don't need to explain about anything because I am non-partisan now. It is common for me to wish my friends there Happy CNY, nothing wrong with that. It is also a common thing in First World Democracy for people to comment on such thing. It is a non-issue to me.

As being neutral, there isn't enemy nor friends. Well, Ramseth has answered that he doesn't believe in opposition unity and yes, WP as a party, doesn't believe it as well. But they at least understand that what other party does will affect them and this is vice verse. I still remember how some WP young punks complaining when NSP got summoned from NEA which made WP to stop its selling of Hammer for 5 weeks. Well, instead of standing as one, united as one to reason it out to convince the public that this is our political right, they have chosen to keep quiet, as usual but whining in the back.

Similarly, this Yaw-gate will affect opposition as a whole, not just WP. Most people who lost confidence with WP will lose confidence of the whole opposition as a whole. But for me, I don't choose to remain quiet. Just like Alex Au said, we have to remove the weakest in the process so that First World opposition will come by.

I criticize both PAP and WP because both are the ones who will affect how policies will affect us. Especially so when the policy puts up by either sides suck. Criticizing WP doesn't make PAP strong, the perceived "common enemy". I don't see how the "common enemy" logic comes into play, especially when WP doesn't want to be identified in any form of "opposition united movement".

In fact, I would say that if other opposition parties are expecting 3 corner fights all over the place next round, especially fighting with WP, they should be "attacking" both WP and PAP starting from now. But it is not up for me to say because I am non-partisan. But it seems that WP Insect Bureau has been doing this all along in internet forums like this one, attacking other opposition parties and its members, hiding behind anonymous nicks. Nobody, even you, have stepped forward to stop them or say the same thing to them, it is PAP which is "common enemy".

There isn't neutrality in this and everyone has taken side. So be it.

Goh Meng Seng

Dear Sir, good that you remember me.

I am bringing this up for your good.
You have spoken on Yaw issue (which, to me, has as much to do with you as the death of my neighbour's cat), which left you having to refute claims that you have an hidden agenda against WP, aka dropping stones on a fallen guy in a well.
And then you are being seen at WP Hougang MPS, which again left you having forcefully to explain the coincedence of it all.

Isn't all these playing into the hands of your enemy for the next GE? Unless you are telling me that you plan to contest in Hougang or Aljunied in the next GE. Or the very least, you are quitting contesting altogether.

Politics is about winning. You have won nothing yet (barring a horde of enemies), and what you are doing is not helping that cause at all.
Politics is not even about sticking to principles - it is perfectly all right to critise anyone, anytime, but only to around immediately if it suits you.

Rgds,

jw5

Loyal
I criticize both PAP and WP because both are the ones who will affect how policies will affect us. Especially so when the policy puts up by either sides suck. Criticizing WP doesn't make PAP strong, the perceived "common enemy". I don't see how the "common enemy" logic comes into play, especially when WP doesn't want to be identified in any form of "opposition united movement".

You have been after WP from day one, especially the elected MPs. Day one being the day after the conclusion of GE 2011. We still remember the discussions when you highlighted Pritam's comments on a possible coalition government.
The allegations against Yaw were merely serenditpity for you.

You keep saying that you are a non partisan observer, like the rest of us ah peks in the forum, but I'm quite confident that you will stand for elections in the next GE.
Please go and attend a pap tea party, I heard that Gan KY is looking for "talent".

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng

OK so in your opinion PAP sux, WP sux. Which current party in your opinion is good?

Last edited:

gobuster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is opposition unity.

NSP left SDA
SPP left SDA
RP CEC split
SPP CEC split

Everyone take side all along to serve their own interests in the name of serving national interests.

Goh Meng Seng

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you read Alex Au's master piece on First World opposition prior to GE? He said that 3 corner or multi-corner fight is ok and there shouldn't be "opposition unity". And he claims to be neutral political observer.

Opposition unity and disunity can actually be explained and analysed in simple layman term by referencing to the Louis Cha’s novel : Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre (倚天屠龍記)….

The Mongol party was able to rule China for so long because of constant disunity and endless squabbling in the Opposition camp, among 明教 and 六大門派, and even among the 明教 leaders themselves.

Charismatic opposition leaders who can unite them like 郭靖 and 阳顶天 (Lim Chin Siong & JBJ) had since passed away fighting against the Mongols while others like 张三丰 (Chia Thye Poh) are only to content to live in retirement and seclusion….

Then there are Opposition leaders like峨嵋派掌门灭绝师太 who are hardcore anti-Mongol but cannot tolerate any deviation from Opposition causes. They also want to be the top leader among the Opposition and would secretly work to undermine other parties so as to become No. 1.

The various Opposition leaders within明教 have strong personality issues, each refuse to submit to one another resulting in mass exodus from the party, and 明教 quickly becomes an empty shell.

Opposition leader like 武当派代掌门宋远桥 practices nepotism and tries to let his own son宋青书 to succeed him even though the latter is unqualified.

Then there are Opposition leaders like 成昆 who is actually a Mongol mole disguised as a monk to penetrate into the Opposition camp so as to sow the seed of disruption and stir trouble. With his disciple 陈友谅, 成昆 tries to take over smaller parties like 丐帮. When failed, he turned his attention to bigger Opposition Party 少林寺 which also failed.

But once明教 and 六大門派 are united, they can channel all their resources against the Mongol party and ultimately overthrow them.

However, they ultimately replace the Mongol party with another party that is worse, 朱元璋, who is more dictatorial and ruthless than the Mongol...But becos he is a rising Opposition leader, people do not dare to criticise him and ignore his short-coming.

In fact, I would say that if other opposition parties are expecting 3 corner fights all over the place next round, especially fighting with WP, they should be "attacking" both WP and PAP starting from now.

This is like the scene when 六大门門派围圍攻明教总坛光明顶.....

The Mongols are only too happy to see the following scene :
http://tieba.baidu.com/%B3%C2%D3%F1%C1%AB/shipin/play/0a3918db6a3478ba87b59edb

A song for the Opposition: 熊熊圣火 (The Eternal Flame of Opposition)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msGlum2FEpg

(獨唱)熊熊聖火 憐我苦痛多 (O My Fellow Countryman, please pity our sufferings)
(合唱)憐我在世上 如許苦痛多(O Our Fellow Countryman, please sympathise all the persecution we have in this country)
(獨唱)明明亮光 為我消災去禍(O My Fellow Conutryman, your wisdom will bless us from all evils and misfortune)
(合唱)憐我在世上 如許苦痛多(O Our Fellow Countryman, please sympathise all the persecution we have in this country)

(獨唱)炎炎聖火 焚化苦楚(O the warmth of My Fellow Countryman will burn away all our agony)
(獨唱)紅紅焰火 助我消災去禍(O the enthusiasm of My Countryman will bless us from all evils and misfortune)

(獨唱)烈焰解憂傷 熱力減災禍 (Your passion will cure our wounds, Your love will ease our distress)

願將俗世人 嗔笑愛恨 一切歸聖火(Let's convert all the ignorance, mockery, hatred and love of our Countryman to the causes of Opposition, under the Eternal Flame of the Opposition)
(合唱)憐我在世上 如許苦痛多

(獨唱)熊熊聖火 憐我苦痛多
(合唱)憐我在世上 如許苦痛多
(獨唱)明明亮光 為我消災去禍
(合唱)憐我在世上 如許苦痛多

The Opposition Pledge

熊熊圣火 (The Eternal Flame of the Opposition)

焚我残躯,熊熊圣火。(We pledge to dedicate our lives for the Eternal Flame of Opposition)
生亦何欢,死亦何苦?(Without freedom for our people, what is joy for us to live? what is fear for us to die ?)
为善除恶,惟光明故。(Only with Accountability and Transparency can can bring good and remove evil from our people )
喜乐悲愁,皆归尘土。(The cheers of our joy and tears of our grieve are all dedicated to this Land)
怜我世人,忧患实多。(We feel strongly for all the pain and suffering of our people)

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
skponggol said:
Then there are Opposition leaders like 成昆 who is actually a Mongol mole disguised as a monk to penetrate into the Opposition camp so as to sow the seed of disruption and stir trouble. With his disciple 陈友谅, 成昆 tries to take over smaller parties like 丐帮. When failed, he turned his attention to bigger Opposition Party 少林寺 which also failed.
In the story, 朱元璋, was only a 2nd tier leader who had a political ambition. I wonder which role is GMS in this. 陈友谅?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All,

I am just thankful that GMS and I are trying to do "business" and that he is NOT HELPING me in the same way he is "helping" the WP and the opposition. I would like to add that though some of his analysis has merit, his publicizing it for "helping" makes me hold to the adage, " With friends like these who needs enemies. "

Locke

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His logic is, political parties should fight each other and the best will survive. It is a contest of ideas and branding, let the best survive. The First World Opposition should withstand criticisms, attacks and contest not only from the ruling party but also from each other. But I can tell you, this is only to justify WP's insistence on going into 3 corner fights without budging to others.

If you have known Alex Au well, he strongly support democracy and he will not stand side. Thus his ideal is to have all political parties sparring each other if TRUE DEMOCRACY EXISTED IN sINGAPORE. He also knew true democracy cannot be achieved if our msm is biased and lope-sided. Whether 3 or 4-corner fight will yield desire results can be seen in the last presidential election. There is no clear winner or loser but end of the day, the undesirable one was appointed to sit in Istana for the next 5 years Is that what we want?

Intriguingly, Alex Au only criticizes on SPP recently for its internal strife but miss out WP's inadequacy on the ministerial pay as well as the Yaw-gate. (I noticed that he has removed one comment on his article on SPP mentioning this)
Alex is merely comparing Gerald's formula with his own analysis. If he dwell too much on other parties formula which PAP has rubbished, no point spending so much time on those that never get to see daylight. As for Yaw's case, there is still lack of evidence for him to write about it. Besides, Alex believe in individual "bed-room" rights as much as he respected gay rights and non discrimination. If you have seen his criticism on Vivian Balakrishanan gutter politics, you shouldn't be surprised why Yaw's was not mention. Alex is extremely against GUTTER POLITICS.

First of all, I am NOT even a member of any opposition party, just as a political observer like Alex Au.
In term of political observer, you are machine gun but Alex is a snipper. You know the difference, don't you, CAPTAIN GOH?....hahaha

WP as a party, doesn't believe it as well. But they at least understand that what other party does will affect them and this is vice verse.
If you see other family always quarrel and breaking apart, you still want them to join your family to drag you down? Todate, we cannot deny that WP is still the most team cohesive, less media-seeker and cautious party among other opposition camp. If you asked them to close rank with SPP, SDA, NSP or RP I can't say whether these warlords will tear down Low Thia Kiang party because of different ideology. Already, we see other parties are doing that internally. Best action now prior to the next election is to work and walk the ground often, as Alex Au has suggested to all parties.

Similarly, this Yaw-gate will affect opposition as a whole, not just WP. Most people who lost confidence with WP will lose confidence of the whole opposition as a whole. But for me, I don't choose to remain quiet. Just like Alex Au said, we have to remove the weakest in the process so that First World opposition will come by.
Provided all parties have equal access to resources, a fair media, the ministries are independent. Otherwise, you are simply giving PAP more bullet which they have no lack. Shit Times have fired all their bullets WP need to bear, so there is no reason for you to keep firing at the same target with Shit Times, and indirectly as you said, affect all the opposition camp.

jw5

Loyal
Charismatic opposition leaders who can unite them like 郭靖 and 阳顶天 (Lim Chin Siong & JBJ) had since passed away fighting against the Mongols while others like 张三丰 (Chia Thye Poh) are only to content to live in retirement and seclusion….
Opposition leader like 武当派代掌门宋远桥 practices nepotism and tries to let his own son宋青书 to succeed him even though the latter is unqualified.

As a HS & DS fan, I cannot let the errors go.

Former leader of Ming sect Yang Jingtian did not die fighting the Mongols.
He died after he discovered his wife having an affair with Cheng Kun and went into a rage.
He was in the midst of learning the last stage of 'Qian kun da nuo yi" and subsequently "zou huo lu mo".

There was no indication that Song Yuanqiao wanted his son to be leader of Wudang, since Song was never the leader of Wudang. After his son betrayed Wudang, Zhang Sanfeng killed the son and demoted Song to second disciple and promoted the second disciple to first.

Most logical people realise that LTK and WP have flaws and weaknesses.
The biggest weakness of all is when someone goes after the 6 against the 80+, out of envy, jealousy, personal feud or spite, even though the 6 are apparently still trying their best to help the common people.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have known Alex Au well, he strongly support democracy and he will not stand side.

Anyone (or anything) who hints that Alex is partisan towards WP must have the brain checked - if it can be found, that is. And if he commented only on SPP in a way one only commented on WP Yaw, it doesn't seem so unobjective.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GRAND MASTER Goh Meng Seng,

What a reversal of roles! Years ago, I was the one declaring myself non-partisan, and being accused of siding SDP against WP. Now you are the one declaring yourself non-partisan and attacking WP with the emotional baggage of a teenage girl who has been dumped on valentine's day (see here).

You said that you were there at the coffeeshop just for makan and to discuss business. Well I don't buy that. And neither do many people here. Of all the coffeeshops in Singapore, you chosen a place where Yves Stain Lauren is having his MPS, where you knew reporters would be prowling the place and taking every single opportunity to stir shit with the opposition at their time of weakness? Come on, I was not born yesterday.

You are an even worse flip flopper than John Kerry. After years of attacking SDP for advocating civil rights and freedom of assembly, you now attack WP for not standing up and speaking up when NEA threatened to book NSP for selling newspapers in public. And not even a single world of apology to SDP. Even after that incident, still had the cheek to accuse that SDP had declining website readership!

Years ago, you were the one advocating strongly that the opposition was weak compared to PAP and as such must be treated on different terms, especially with the mainstream media solidly against the oppo and solidly rooting for the establishment. You took me on harshly for criticizing WP for not speaking up in Parliament, for being silent on many issues, and for playing 2nd fiddle to the PAP.

Now you're the one advocating that we must take on both PAP and WP at the same time in order for the political movement to advance. So what has happened to your past criticisms, your previous stand? Gone with the wind and disappeared like a puff of smoke?

You have no ideology, no consistency!!

OTC

Intriguingly, Alex Au only criticizes on SPP recently for its internal strife but miss out WP's inadequacy on the ministerial pay as well as the Yaw-gate. (I noticed that he has removed one comment on his article on SPP mentioning this) I guess suddenly most people felt WP is such a weakling and should not be subject to criticisms at all, least "attacks".

Actually I don't need to explain about anything because I am non-partisan now. It is common for me to wish my friends there Happy CNY, nothing wrong with that. It is also a common thing in First World Democracy for people to comment on such thing. It is a non-issue to me.

As being neutral, there isn't enemy nor friends. Well, Ramseth has answered that he doesn't believe in opposition unity and yes, WP as a party, doesn't believe it as well. But they at least understand that what other party does will affect them and this is vice verse. I still remember how some WP young punks complaining when NSP got summoned from NEA which made WP to stop its selling of Hammer for 5 weeks. Well, instead of standing as one, united as one to reason it out to convince the public that this is our political right, they have chosen to keep quiet, as usual but whining in the back.

In fact, I would say that if other opposition parties are expecting 3 corner fights all over the place next round, especially fighting with WP, they should be "attacking" both WP and PAP starting from now. But it is not up for me to say because I am non-partisan. But it seems that WP Insect Bureau has been doing this all along in internet forums like this one, attacking other opposition parties and its members, hiding behind anonymous nicks. Nobody, even you, have stepped forward to stop them or say the same thing to them, it is PAP which is "common enemy".

Goh Meng Seng

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS smell like jealous vinegar. YSL also smell like shit. He break law of never shit where you eat. GMS is stirring shit with jealous vinegar LOL

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
some compared YSL to Bill Clinton. that's not accurate. Clinton didn't go into hiding. YSL is more like Edison Chen who went into hiding for a couple of weeks.

GMS smell like jealous vinegar. YSL also smell like shit. He break law of never shit where you eat. GMS is stirring shit with jealous vinegar LOL

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You have been after WP from day one, especially the elected MPs. Day one being the day after the conclusion of GE 2011. We still remember the discussions when you highlighted Pritam's comments on a possible coalition government.
The allegations against Yaw were merely serenditpity for you.

You keep saying that you are a non partisan observer, like the rest of us ah peks in the forum, but I'm quite confident that you will stand for elections in the next GE.
Please go and attend a pap tea party, I heard that Gan KY is looking for "talent".

JW5,

You have been one of the most impartial and cool-headed forummers here, since day one (day one being the day this forum was born).

I still remember Boris Chan, Goh meng seng's good buddy, commenting that sometimes we should not think just in terms of "opposition" politics, but also in terms of "coalition" politics. In other words, to be combative when necessarily, and accommodative when appropriate. That was also GMS' style and no one in the old days rebutted that idea.

Pritam's comments were so non-specific and off the cuff no one ever felt he should be held accountable for it, much less be accused of being a PAP apologist because of it. Few people even recall the context in which those comments were made. And yet, GMS attacked it relentlessly like Pritam had just done a little Yaw-I-and-my-mom-voted-for-PAP-Shin-Leong mini-expose.

As someone who has been subject to abuse and ridicule for criticizing WP in the past, I find the current situation most ironical.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Criticisms can make them better. This is from a non-partisan perspective. Nobody is perfect nor perfectly lemon. But if people are to just keep quiet, maintain status quo, they may get the wrong signal that all are well.

Goh Meng Seng

OK so in your opinion PAP sux, WP sux. Which current party in your opinion is good?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
some compared YSL to Bill Clinton. that's not accurate. Clinton didn't go into hiding. YSL is more like Edison Chen who went into hiding for a couple of weeks.

Win or lose YSL must have some scandal after every election then go take cover. Last scandal he vote for PAP. Maybe thats why PAP chinchai with him never make big noise about this. If other oppo kana this type scandal sure kana blanket bomb jialat jialat LOL

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
So you disagree with me then, would you agree with me now? :wink:

Things change over time. I do believe in that and that is why I hardly attack any other parties beside PAP and WP. Why WP? Because it has shown that it is not going to play ball to anyone. It is ready to fight 3 corner fights. Opposition unity is never in its vocabulary. That is why I say, don't talk about opposition unity to a party which doesn't believe in it.

Ironically, in order to maintain opposition unity within other parties, it is important to show that those who doesn't believe in it, would be allowed to deal with the consequences: a direct competition with both PAP and other opposition parties. When the party fails in anything, like policy proposals or personal indiscretion in matters like adultery, it should be criticised by all other parties.

There isn't really any emotional baggage on my part. Just applying the consequences on what other people believe in. Prior to GE2011, WP didn't crash with anyone in a 3 corner fight. There were still negotiable terms in GE2006. But apparently, in GE2011, the attitude changed.

You can choose to believe whatever you want but that's basically the truth. I was just having dinner there with my friends after a meeting.

Advocacy of freedom and human rights is not wrong, but cannot sell politically in Singapore. As you can see, the issues which create the impact on GE2011 are not Freedom and Human Rights, not even about "First World Parliament" but rather, daily bread and butter issues like housing, public transport, jobs displacement, hospital care constrains which are related to FT policy. But the NEA summon issue is totally different because it affects the future viability of political activism of ALL Opposition parties on the ground. It is basically the life and death of opposition parties' only effective ground work left.

When WP has only one or two MPs in parliament, it is impossible to form a team of debaters at all. But now, with 8 MPs and NCMPs in parliament naturally expectation will be different for WP. Beside, this is not just about the speaking up part, it is about putting forward an ill-thought policy stand.

Well, it doesn't stop here. If SDP or NSP or other parties put up bad policies, I will still make noise about them. Did you ever criticise SDP before? But having said this, they are less important now as we must pay more attention to policy ideas put up by PAP and WP because they are in parliament and that's where the policies are made.

Goh Meng Seng

GRAND MASTER Goh Meng Seng,

What a reversal of roles! Years ago, I was the one declaring myself non-partisan, and being accused of siding SDP against WP. Now you are the one declaring yourself non-partisan and attacking WP with the emotional baggage of a teenage girl who has been dumped on valentine's day

You said that you were there at the coffeeshop just for makan and to discuss business. Well I don't buy that. And neither do many people here. Of all the coffeeshops in Singapore, you chosen a place where Yves Stain Lauren is having his MPS, where you knew reporters would be prowling the place and taking every single opportunity to stir shit with the opposition at their time of weakness? Come on, I was not born yesterday.

You are an even worse flip flopper than John Kerry. After years of attacking SDP for advocating civil rights and freedom of assembly, you now attack WP for not standing up and speaking up when NEA threatened to book NSP for selling newspapers in public. And not even a single world of apology to SDP. Even after that incident, still had the cheek to accuse that SDP had declining website readership!