• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Global Military Power Rankings

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard Singapore has the largest air force in SEA and even bigger than Australia. True or not?

Jetfighter cannot reach Australia with full fuel tank. SO is useless. Normally combat radius for jetfighter is only about 1000~1500km .

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Singapore has the largest air force in SEA and even bigger than Australia. True or not?

Jetfighter cannot reach Australia with full fuel tank. SO is useless. Normally combat radius for jetfighter is only about 1000~1500km .

Reach to Australia in terms of combat radius for what? Singapore and Australia are allies. There're already RSAF jetfighters based in Australia. To both Singapore and Australia, the potential common threat is obviously Indonesia. Singapore and Australia bracket Indonesia north and south so that the entire Indonesia is within combat radius.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Australia and New Zealand must be 2 of the safest countries in the world. Don't say fighter plane, even if its a nuclear, chemical missile, I doubt they can survive the whole distance.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reach to Australia in terms of combat radius for what? Singapore and Australia are allies. There're already RSAF jetfighters based in Australia. To both Singapore and Australia, the potential common threat is obviously Indonesia. Singapore and Australia bracket Indonesia north and south so that the entire Indonesia is within combat radius.

To take Indonesia, the enemy has to take Jakarta and then take their fight to the other islands. Indonesians only need to cross over and take Singapore, and all is lost.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia and New Zealand must be 2 of the safest countries in the world. Don't say fighter plane, even if its a nuclear, chemical missile, I doubt they can survive the whole distance.

Nuclear missiles launched from submarines can reach them easily, but they're in no danger that's right. US and UK are their blood-brother allies and they don't even need their own nukes. They have lands vast enough to take a few nuke hits before US and UK would nuke their enemies back to stone age. Anyway, they're geographically down under and more under to be too troublesome and not worth the while for any major power to attack them. That's not Singapore's case, strategically located at SEA crossroads, a good location for trade in the times of peace and a good location for base in times of war too. Singapore is also ally to US and UK but there're differences. We're not blood-brother allies and we can't take a single nuke hit. That's why I always say, Singapore should get some nukes of our own for deterrent protection.

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tolong, win what war? Indonesia just has to send us 1 sampan full of refugess every 10 min every day for 3 months, and we are fucked without a single bullet fired.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To take Indonesia, the enemy has to take Jakarta and then take their fight to the other islands. Indonesians only need to cross over and take Singapore, and all is lost.

Again, that's why I say, Singapore should get some nukes. Nuke Jakarta and the whole Indonesian government and armed forces command structure are radiated ashes. No, not that I advocate nuking Jakarta or any part of Indonesia, no. Deterrent means just to let them know we have it, can and will do it if they force us to.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again, that's why I say, Singapore should get some nukes. Nuke Jakarta and the whole Indonesian government and armed forces command structure are radiated ashes. No, not that I advocate nuking Jakarta or any part of Indonesia, no. Deterrent means just to let them know we have it, can and will do it if they force us to.

No way the allied forces will allow us to have one. We survive in a war on the belief that our friends will come to our aid which is very likely. For how long depends on their fortitude and whether they have a stomach for it. The patriotism of countries surrounding Singapore is very high, that I daresay. You are familiar with the Thais and perhaps Malaysia, so you can tell me I am wrong and Singapore's patriotism to their nation is second to none.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tolong, win what war? Indonesia just has to send us 1 sampan full of refugess every 10 min every day for 3 months, and we are fucked without a single bullet fired.

Singapore marine police and naval patrol should be trained to open fire instantly and incessantly until they cease and desist. That was the case during Confrontasi. We were lucky then to have the Royal Navy doing that bloody job to stop them in the waters. Indonesia is a big chain of islands and very populous, that's true. But they can't afford to arm so many men. It's alright to spray bullets into masses of unarmed men when these masses if landed can cause the same harm or even worse. That's still legitimate self-defence without compromising morality.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No way the allied forces will allow us to have one. We survive in a war on the belief that our friends will come to our aid which is very likely. For how long depends on their fortitude and whether they have a stomach for it. The patriotism of countries surrounding Singapore is very high, that I daresay. You are familiar with the Thais and perhaps Malaysia, so you can tell me I am wrong and Singapore's patriotism to their nation is second to none.

We've never survived any war with friends yet. Before merger we were a British overseas possession. They were not our friends. They were our masters. It was up to them to decide strategically which lands to invade, defend or sacrifice as they have many lands all over the world and were fighting a world war. They could even have given up Britain itself and retreated to Canada if strategically necessarily to win the war overall instead of just battles, just as France given up France itself and retreated to Britain and North Africa. Confrontasi occurred during the merger when the British forces were still here and the Indonesians opposed the merger. The British did help Singapore as exiting masters and new friends in relationship status. After independance, we've seen no war yet.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We've never survived any war with friends yet. Before merger we were a British overseas possession. They were not our friends. They were our masters. It was up to them to decide strategically which lands to invade, defend or sacrifice as they have many lands all over the world and were fighting a world war. They could even have given up Britain itself and retreated to Canada if strategically necessarily to win the war overall instead of just battles, just as France given up France itself and retreated to Britain and North Africa. Confrontasi occurred during the merger when the British forces were still here and the Indonesians opposed the merger. The British did help Singapore as exiting masters and new friends in relationship status. After independance, we've seen no war yet.

What I would like to compare is:

1. Can our armed forces beat the armies of our neighbours? Given they have seen and experienced battles whilst we have not.

2. Will the rest of the world look upon us favourably if we were to acquire nukes?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. Can our armed forces beat the armies of our neighbours? Given they have seen and experienced battles whilst we have not.

2. Will the rest of the world look upon us favourably if we were to acquire nukes?

Ans. 1. No way.

Ans. 2. Check out Israel.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That still does not tell us they will allow it. We cannot compare Israel to Singapore, totally different animals.

My take is that they'll not only allow it, they'll happily and gleefully sell it to Singapore. Since ICBM and SSN the whole world is under nukeable zone from US and UK nuke missiles, let's not fool ourselves. At any time of the day or night, there's a nuke sub of theirs lurking somewhere within range of anywhere including ours of course. It costs a lot money. A good ally willing to pay and help defray their costs is most welcome to them. But why would we want to help them pay, you may ask. The answer is in my earlier post. We're allies but not blood-brother allies like Canada, Australia and NZ standards. We need the ability to decide when the push the button.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take is that they'll not only allow it, they'll happily and gleefully sell it to Singapore. Since ICBM and SSN the whole world is under nukeable zone from US and UK nuke missiles, let's not fool ourselves. At any time of the day or night, there's a nuke sub of theirs lurking somewhere within range of anywhere including ours of course. It costs a lot money. A good ally willing to pay and help defray their costs is most welcome to them. But why would we want to help them pay, you may ask. The answer is in my earlier post. We're allies but not blood-brother allies like Canada, Australia and NZ standards. We need the ability to decide when the push the button.

I really doubt they will sell us the nukes. You must know there are several nations who can produce them and the hardware is therefore bargainable but not the software. Software meaning the permission from the cartel. Furthermore should we have it, and US tells us to nuke China and vice versa if they were in conflict, who will we side with? Next, you think our neighbours will not scream blue murder if we were to have nukes but they do not? It is not a zero-sum game, there will need to be a war first before this issue can be settled.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10% of Indons come over and urinate, we are finished. They will flood even the Istana.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

our neighbors have fought what significant battles apart from some minor skirmishes in their backyard?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our neighbors have fought what significant battles apart from some minor skirmishes in their backyard?

Pulling my leg? Their backyard is many thousands of times larger than ours.:biggrin: Hope you can google and satisfy your curiosity as it is quite time-consuming to indulge you.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indonesia just needs to create a situation to send over 1M of their people from Batam in tiny sampans and we are in trouble. They could free their prisons and offer each prisioner, $100 and free sampan trip to Singapore (if they stayed in Indonesia they would continue their prision terms).

the ranking is quite correct, we may have the expensive and high tech hardware, but we lack the manpower to hold the ground of our neighbour even if we defeat their conventional army. Their guerrilla army will slowly defeat us. Singapore army is a waste of time and money, it serves only two purpose, protect the wealth of the elite and the jobs of FT. In that role, it is doing quite well.