• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Give way or we will fine you $130 in YOG

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP to Singaporeans: Give way to YOG vehicles or be fined $130
July 22nd, 2010 | Author: Your Correspondent

The repressive PAP regime is so obsessed with making its YOG a resounding success to boost its international profile that it is willing to go to any lengths to do so including causing inconveniences to Singapore commuters.

A public campaign is now underway to remind Singaporean drivers to give way to YOG vehicles in designated Youth Olympic Lanes which occupy the second left-most lanes of affected roads.

The roads affected includes the Pan-Island Expressway and the Central Expressway which are often jammed in peak hours.

To enforce the ruling, the PAP has passed a law which will see motorists fined a hefty $130 if they do not give way to its YOG vehicles which have special licence plates bearing the words ‘YOG’.

It is not known if the ruling applies to vehicles stranded in floods which are becoming a frequent occurrence in Singapore.

It will be an international embarrassment to the PAP should the YOG be disrupted by the “once in fifty years” freak floods.

Let’s see if Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will tell that YOG delegates that “it is impossible to expect Singapore to be completely flood free” in the event that YOG vehicles get stuck in a flood and miss their schedule.

LoveSingFade

Alfrescian
Loyal
This country is making me Crazy:

Bus Lane
Full Day Bus Lane (I always cannot remember the operation hour)
ERP Gantry (it is like a trap ambush me at unexpected hour and location)

Now add another new one YOG Lane with fine, what happen if I am not aware the YOG bus is behind and forget to giveway? - Really irritating

My life already stressful enough, PAP pls treat your people kind, money you already taken so much, TV license, car radio license, ERP, healthcare cost, GST, .... pay and pay, cost up and up, some time I think migrate to Mudland may be better.

I am sad, I cannot tahan, I am going IMH (still I have to pay u at IMH) only death set me free

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
police car , fire engine and ambulance also must give way to YOG.
wah lau, stay home days for YOG lah.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fining the Sinkies

The best way to stop them from doing something

This tells you a lot about how some Sinkies are

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
police car , fire engine and ambulance also must give way to YOG.
wah lau, stay home days for YOG lah.

Calling 995...

Caller : Hello, send an ambulance here quick, someone's got a heart attack.

Operator : You want 15-min. arrival or 30-min. arrival?

Caller : Huh? Of course the faster the better.

Operator : 30-min. will be $70 and 15-min will be $200.

Caller : What? Where got such thing?

Operator : YOG surcharge to use YOG lanes to be faster.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling 995...

Caller : Hello, send an ambulance here quick, someone's got a heart attack.

Operator : You want 15-min. arrival or 30-min. arrival?

Caller : Huh? Of course the faster the better.

Operator : 30-min. will be $70 and 15-min will be $200.

Caller : What? Where got such thing?

Operator : YOG surcharge to use YOG lanes to be faster.

Very good one !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Should put that into 'Noose' on channel 5 and don't forget to claim for royalty.

okt99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Test run shows motorists do give way to YOG vehicles
By Mustafa Shafawi | Posted: 03 August 2010 1323 hrs

SINGAPORE: Test runs conducted by the organisers since July 12 show that many vehicles give way to Youth Olympic Vehicles.

The Youth Olympic lanes along seven expressways and 15 arterial roads will become operational from Thursday.

They're to facilitate the timely arrival of athletes and official at competition venues during the period of the games.

The organisers remind motorists that it's an offence not to give way to approaching YOG vehicles.

While travelling on the Youth Olympic Lane, motorists need only give way to the Youth Olympic Vehicles which spot three key attributes - the Singapore 2010 look, special YOG license plates and blinker lights turned on.

The Land Transport Authority's group director for Road Operations and Community Partnership, Dr Chin Kian Keong, said he's confident that motorists would show their support for the Games by being gracious during this period. - AFP/vm

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1073025/1/.html

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me very confused, the Ambulance, Fire engines must give way to YOG vehicles or they will be fined $130 or the YOG vehicles must give way to Ambulance & fire engine or they will be fined...whose god is bigger?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlaneh...
YOG lane kana ERP charges or not?:confused:
if not, why not?:confused:

Don't think so. Have you heard of police or ambulance vehicles paying ERP? I think YOG privilege package goes one step up, free use of central lanes and free parking island-wide. If YOG vehicles get summoned for ERP non-payment or illegal parking, then that'd be some news. :biggrin:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
me very confused, the Ambulance, Fire engines must give way to YOG vehicles or they will be fined $130 or the YOG vehicles must give way to Ambulance & fire engine or they will be fined...whose god is bigger?

wahlaneh...
if ambulance, fire engines n police cars langgar with yog vehicles whose fault?:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlaneh...
if ambulance, fire engines n police cars langgar with yog vehicles whose fault?:biggrin:

Of course police/fire engine/ambulance fault. On the roads painted are big big in the middle, YOG and Olympic 5 rings. Can't see that, have to go back for eyesight test and driving test.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course police/fire engine/ambulance fault. On the roads painted are big big in the middle, YOG and Olympic 5 rings. Can't see that, have to go back for eyesight test and driving test.

wahlaneh...
then all those tanks, artillery guns, n armoured vehicles also must kana fined liao lor?:confused:
coz on aug9 they will be rolling down the streets sure kana the yog lane one mah.
1 tank already can cover 2 or 3 lanes liao.:confused:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do those in-charge do, to make sure every Sinkie obeys his every word?

Instil fear in each and every Sinkie, what would happen to them if they disobey!
:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Expressway lanes 1 to 4, from right to left, lane 3 reserve for YOG, lane 4 for slow moving vehicles, that leaves 1 & 2.

You see ambulances/fire engines/poloce cars/YOG vehicles..which lane do you take?

:wink: