• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Gilbert Goh’s New Story - Loser Sinkie Beri Happy Wife Found Job

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Husband relieved that depressed wife manages to secure a job after a year of searching
Post Published: 01 November 2018
Author: admin (online)
Found in section: Latest Articles

Hi Gilbert,
Good day to you.
I just want to drop you an email to express my thanks and appreciation for all you have done for me and all Singaporeans. Your website is not only a source of encouragement for those who are unemployed and their love ones. Your website also serve as a warning of the things to come if we are not careful in planning our finances and also our career!
My wife who is a local graduate with a accountancy degree was out of work for a year. For the first half of the year, she was resting and taking care of my grandfather who has gotten cancer and thankfully recovered from the dreadful disease. My wife got into depression due to the fact she could not find a job for past 5 months. She worked in many big prestigious banks (ie. Barclays, Citibank, etc) and had always been a dedicated employee. However, due to her job role and perhaps bad luck, her tenure was always cut short because her job has been outsourced to other cheaper locations (ie. Malaysia, India, Philippines and even Poland). The good news is that she had recently gotten a job and will be starting soon in a bank even though it’s a contract role. We accepted the fact given her job role specialization, a contract role will be the norm.
I almost wanted to write in to you to seek further counseling as I was really struggling in how I should be a good support to her given that we are not financially strapped and I had given her a very big allowance (around a thousand) every month and yet she feels very emotional, temperamental, highly irritable and sometimes suicidal.
I just wanted to say a big thank you for your great efforts in helping down and out Singaporeans and I was inspired by you as I really enjoy going around to find whatever “connections” and “lobangs” I have to help my friends who are out of work. I am proud to say I managed to make 2 job connections and it really brings me great satisfaction to know that I make a difference in my friends’ life. And it’s also my good karma that I know such good Singaporean managers who are more than happy to employ down and out Singaporeans!
I hope you will continue in your good work!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I find that now women are also affected by these FT employment issues. In the past men suffer more now women also Kenna...and majority of women always vote pap....bcos they got women's crapster n no NS obligations...now finally things are getting even....and who did they vote for?

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_4448.JPG

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is the best!. Oppositions are charlatans, vile, evil & all are liars. PAP is your Past, Present & Future, Vote for the PAP, they are the BEST!

I totally agree with you. Even Trump is adopting PAP's governance strategy. Conservatives all over the world sees the PAP model of government as the way forward. The only challenge is getting rid of those notions of democracy held by people.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Husband relieved that depressed wife manages to secure a job after a year of searching
Post Published: 01 November 2018
Author: admin (online)
Found in section: Latest Articles

Hi Gilbert,
Good day to you.
I just want to drop you an email to express my thanks and appreciation for all you have done for me and all Singaporeans. Your website is not only a source of encouragement for those who are unemployed and their love ones. Your website also serve as a warning of the things to come if we are not careful in planning our finances and also our career!
My wife who is a local graduate with a accountancy degree was out of work for a year. For the first half of the year, she was resting and taking care of my grandfather who has gotten cancer and thankfully recovered from the dreadful disease. My wife got into depression due to the fact she could not find a job for past 5 months. She worked in many big prestigious banks (ie. Barclays, Citibank, etc) and had always been a dedicated employee. However, due to her job role and perhaps bad luck, her tenure was always cut short because her job has been outsourced to other cheaper locations (ie. Malaysia, India, Philippines and even Poland). The good news is that she had recently gotten a job and will be starting soon in a bank even though it’s a contract role. We accepted the fact given her job role specialization, a contract role will be the norm.
I almost wanted to write in to you to seek further counseling as I was really struggling in how I should be a good support to her given that we are not financially strapped and I had given her a very big allowance (around a thousand) every month and yet she feels very emotional, temperamental, highly irritable and sometimes suicidal.
I just wanted to say a big thank you for your great efforts in helping down and out Singaporeans and I was inspired by you as I really enjoy going around to find whatever “connections” and “lobangs” I have to help my friends who are out of work. I am proud to say I managed to make 2 job connections and it really brings me great satisfaction to know that I make a difference in my friends’ life. And it’s also my good karma that I know such good Singaporean managers who are more than happy to employ down and out Singaporeans!
I hope you will continue in your good work!

This Gilbert is more trouble than help. I can easily spot a few obvious misconception from the writer and he either does not have the knowledge to correct them or he is unwilling to point out because of other self-serving reasons.

The writer's wife seems to be an accountant and in all honesty I do not see how doing that in a "big prestigious bank" is relevant in any way, sort of like a RP guard for a Commando camp thinking he's actually something just because he works in the same venue as commandos.

Also in this day and age accountancy is becoming a pretty basic lower end white collar job, there is nothing "specialized" about this. The banks do contracts instead of perm for all lower skilled jobs because it allows them flexibility to lay off without compensation during downturn, this has nothing to do with accountancy being a specialized job.

If Gilbert had half a clue how to actually help the writer's wife, he would have suggested either the wife try to secure a permanent role in accounting outside of the banking industry whereby at least there is more stability or explore related corporate finance jobs such as treasury, controlling, tax or data management in order to reduce volatility. Doing generic contract support jobs for banks is just delaying the inevitable of being terminated when the next downturn/reorg comes about.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Gilbert is more trouble than help. I can easily spot a few obvious misconception from the writer and he either does not have the knowledge to correct them or he is unwilling to point out because of other self-serving reasons.

The writer's wife seems to be an accountant and in all honesty I do not see how doing that in a "big prestigious bank" is relevant in any way, sort of like a RP guard for a Commando camp thinking he's actually something just because he works in the same venue as commandos.

Also in this day and age accountancy is becoming a pretty basic lower end white collar job, there is nothing "specialized" about this. The banks do contracts instead of perm for all lower skilled jobs because it allows them flexibility to lay off without compensation during downturn, this has nothing to do with accountancy being a specialized job.

If Gilbert had half a clue how to actually help the writer's wife, he would have suggested either the wife try to secure a permanent role in accounting outside of the banking industry whereby at least there is more stability or explore related corporate finance jobs such as treasury, controlling, tax or data management in order to reduce volatility. Doing generic contract support jobs for banks is just delaying the inevitable of being terminated when the next downturn/reorg comes about.

How did you conclude that the lady is an accountant?