• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Geyalng Serai makret goes HALAL

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Chinese don't think they own the country, they won't be sinicising the country as they please.

I just need to point to just one example. Overseas Chinese are being brought in to boost the Chinese numbers.

The only reason the Chinese would do that is because they think they own the country.

This attitude, of course will lead to the Malays reclaiming their country at some point in time.

I understand where you're coming from and I will not challenge your perception about their boosting the chinese numbers. But I look at that as political dominance, it has nothing to do with chinese owning the country.

We are in a republic, a multi racial country. This nation was just an island in the past, it was never a malay country before. The malays cant claim it is their country let alone reclaim.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand where you're coming from and I will not challenge your perception about their boosting the chinese numbers. But I look at that as political dominance, it has nothing to do with chinese owning the country.

It's not my "perception". It's a reality.

The only reason why you would want to dominate is because you think you own the country. Why deny the obvious and resort to semantics to claim otherwise?

This nation was just an island in the past, it was never a malay country before. The malays cant claim it is their country let alone reclaim.

The fact that you can actually make such a claim shows that you either don't know your history or are in denial.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the act of bringing in hundreds of thousands of Overseas Chinese to settle in Singapore just to maintain numerical dominance over the Malays equal to racism?

What's your take on this?

I never like the current ruling party and I've never agree with their flawed policies. If they are just bringing in chinese then literary they are leaning towards racism.

For the record, they are flooding the nation with foreigners of all races to inflate its population. This is the distress people currently having difficulty in coping with. what will be the outcome nobody knows

I have no ill feelings towards other races but honestly I would not want a race that mixes politics with religion to dominate or rule over me.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not my "perception". It's a reality.

The only reason why you would want to dominate is because you think you own the country. Why deny the obvious and resort to semantics to claim otherwise?

The fact that you can actually make such a claim shows that you either don't know your history or are in denial.

It doesnt matter whether I am in denial or not knowing history. The fact is I own what that's mine, I dont own the country and I dont live in fear of malays over runing and taking over.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the record, they are flooding the nation with foreigners of all races to inflate its population. This is the distress people currently having difficulty in coping with. what will be the outcome nobody knows.

Dont talk abt Malays as foreigners becoming Citizens cos its peanuts. Lets talk abt which greater percentage of Chinese and Indians becoming citizens? Its obvious especially the former rite? So the Malays are not the culprit that inflate current population if thats what u have in mind.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never like the current ruling party and I've never agree with their flawed policies. If they are just bringing in chinese then literary they are leaning towards racism.

For the record, they are flooding the nation with foreigners of all races to inflate its population.
The Chinese numbers have been dwindling. Lee Kuan Yew has publicly stated that the Chinese must remain the majority race. S.Rajaratnam even publicily disagreed with his racist policy.

Chinese from elsewhere are being brought in by the hundreds of thousands to prop up the Singaporean Chinese numbers.

These are facts. They are not fiction. They exist on public record.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesnt matter whether I am in denial or not knowing history.

Something to help you along. When Little Emperor says something, his prostitute press invariably comes along to vomit out their support.

Weighing the pros and cons of demographic controls
Russell Heng 147th Prostitute Press, 31 August 1989

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Is the Government's decision to freeze Singapore's current racial proportions a necessity born out of a need to take more immigrants? Or is it an attempt to institutionalise Chinese dominance? RUSSELL HENG of the Political Desk examines some of the political and ethical issues underlying the controversy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNDER a new policy, demographics will no longer take its natural course. The
state shall use immigration as a means of adjusting the numbers for different racial groups to keep the proportions as they are.

Like any other public policy, it invites two major ways of looking at it: First, the necessity and, second, the rights and wrongs.

One argument on necessity goes like this: Manpower shortage makes it necessary to bring in immigrants; thus the possible influx of 100,000 Hongkongers; thus the need to assure the minorities that they are not going to be swamped by ethnic Chinese immigrants; thus a policy to maintain racial proportions.

In a nutshell, the strongest justification for the policy is that it is a talent hunt, no more no less.

PM's reference to straw poll

But there will be detractors. In his National Day Rally speech, Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew spoke of a straw poll which found that just as a clear majority of Chinese was for the policy of taking in Hongkongers, a clear majority of Malays and Indians were unhappy with it.

The realpolitik of race is at work here. Unhappiness with the influx of Hongkongers would probably result in a politicised reading of the decision to maintain racial balance - that it serves to perpetuate the position of the Chinese as the majority community in Singapore.

The flipside of the coin is that minorities must remain forever minorities -
at least as long as the policy is kept.

A pugnacious Malay reaction to that might run like this: This country believes in fair competition. No quotas are reserved for the benefit of any group whether it is public sector jobs or places in university.

Should not the principle of fair competition be extended into the field of demographics as well?

Viewed from this perspective, the latest move by the Government could appear to smack of wanting to change the rules when Malays are reproducing faster than the others.

Furthermore, if talent is what is being sought in Hongkong, an almost natural question to ask would be: Why not seek it in India as well? Or take in Vietnamese refugees whose reputation matches Hongkongers for being resourceful and hardworking?

But if the ulterior motive, as alleged, was to strengthen Chinese dominance,
then would it not be better to boost the Chinese share of the population to 80 or even 95 per cent?

There is really no way out of this argument but to simply say that a dominan t Chinese community in Singapore is what most Singaporeans would want because most Singaporeans are Chinese.

By definition, that makes it a popular policy. In a one-man-one-vote system,
that is necessary.

In wishing this, Chinese Singaporeans are not being particularly racist. They are just prisoners of a human instinct which makes a man more comfortable with somebody who looks and speaks like themselves, and uncomfortable with those who are different.

It is this same human instinct which would make Malays and Indians unhappy with an institutionalised Chinese dominance. When a common instinct can lead to diametrically opposed views, it underlines the importance of tending to racial distribution within the country.

A common sense formula to avoid conflict came from National Development Minister Mr S. Dhanabalan. Citing the example of Fiji, he argued that when ethnic groups were about the same size, the potential for tension was great.

There, where Indians make up 49 per cent of the population and the indigenou s people, 46 per cent, tension was such that the latter community staged a coup d'etat after 17 years of independence to settle the issue by force.

The Belgium situation

It is not just new developing countries where this rule applies. In Belgium,

in the centre of the European Community, the Dutch-speaking Flemings (57 per cent) and the French-speaking Wallons (42 per cent) started voting along racial lines in 1968 after years of having national issues cut across communal boundaries. Since then, the communal conflict has been bitter and sometimes violent.

Beyond its necessity, the next consideration is to ask whether the policy is
all that unfair to minorities. In the strictest ethical sense, a policy that deliberately sets racial proportions is not quite right.

But in the real world where much is relatively moral or immoral, it is not wrong because it is not prohibitive in any way. The minorities of Singapore, after all, are not told to restrict their birth rate to fit the population percentage they have been allotted.

Singapore should also not be singled out as being particularly unethical because this is what so many other countries are doing.

In neighbouring Malaysia, another multi-racial country, Malay dominance is expressed as a desirable political objective without any compunction.

In the US, that famed melting pot, concerns over a swelling Spanish-speaking
Latin American community in some areas have sparked attempts to legislate English as a national language.

The issue of morality is best tackled by looking at how the dominant community treats minorities rather than questioning the idea of dominance per se.

On this count, Singapore's record is, by any yardstick, quite a good one. There are no bloody massacres of minorities to live down.

If Chinese form the dominant community today, it is also not the result of machinations. Through natural migration, they have been in the clear majority since 1871 and possibly even earlier. (See table).

From 1921, the proportion of Chinese has always been about three-quarters. That this Chinese majority would be kept constant in this country is to ask no more of the minorities than to accept a status quo they have lived with for close to 70 years.

Immigrant societies like Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the US, have enforced the language of the immigrants, English, on the indigenous people. Chinese Singaporeans settling for English as a neutral first language sets a record of sorts in race relations.

They have also not imposed any religion because they are of polyglot faiths themselves. By and large, save for two bouts of racial rioting in 1964, the communities here have got along reasonably well with each other. Some would say that this is not moral conduct as much as realistic behaviour from a little ethnic Chinese community surrounded by a sea of Malays in the region.

That may well be true but what is wrong with being realistic in a world wher e troubles are often sparked by man's irrationality?

When it comes to keeping the peace in a polyglot country, it may be a more bankable quality than professed morality.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
One more to help you along.

Extract from:

Singapore's motive in wooing Hongkongers not purely economic
Rao Meijiao , 147th Prostitute Press 22 July 1989

"...Observers of Singapore's economic development in the past one or two years, must have noticed Mr Lee's concern over certain changes in the country's racial composition.

Race is an extremely sensitive issue in South-east Asia and is handled with the utmost care by politicians. Mr Lee is no exception.

Singapore is a multi-racial country, with Chinese making up 75 per cent of the population, Malays 15 per cent and Indians 6.5 per cent.

In recent years, the Singapore government has noticed a decline in the country's Chinese population while Malays are showing an upward trend.

Between 1980 and last year, the Malay population growth was higher than the Chinese's (8.4 per cent), which was lower than the total population growth (9.7 per cent) for the same period.

At the same time, Mr Lee was most concerned with the possibility of changes in racial composition leading to certain consequential political problems.

Singapore could not wave openly to the Chinese in neighbouring countries. With Mr Lee's political acumen, it would never do so. But he has always admired Hongkongers' capability and adaptability.

Since attracting professionals has not been very successful, why not open th e door to blue and white-collar workers, too?

The political significance of Singapore's new policy is more important than the economic considerations.

In the next five to eight years, 25,000 Hongkong technicians and labourers may migrate to Singapore and the figure can be higher if families are included.

Needless to say, many Hongkongers are able to meet the relaxed entry qualifications. ."

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something to help you along. When Little Emperor says something, his prostitute press invariably comes along to vomit out their support.
Weighing the pros and cons of demographic controls
Russell Heng 147th Prostitute Press, 31 August 1989

One more to help you along.
Extract from:
Singapore's motive in wooing Hongkongers not purely economic
Rao Meijiao , 147th Prostitute Press 22 July 1989

I amazed you bother to extract all this to prove your point that they are bent on chinese dominance and is a fact.

Next I presume you will be saying this attitude will lead to the Malays reclaiming their country at some point in time.

Like I had said before and I repeat this was never their country, not in the past and never will be in the future.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont talk abt Malays as foreigners becoming Citizens cos its peanuts. Lets talk abt which greater percentage of Chinese and Indians becoming citizens? Its obvious especially the former rite? So the Malays are not the culprit that inflate current population if thats what u have in mind.

Sorry, I cant grasp the facts and substance of what you are trying to say, can you rephrase you post in simpleton.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I amazed you bother to extract all this to prove your point that they are bent on chinese dominance and is a fact.

Don't be amazed. Be thankful. And it is not to prove "my point". It is to show that you are wrong about land ownership and racism and are living in denial.

It is also not just for you. It is for a larger audience and for archiving in this forum.

Next I presume you will be saying this attitude will lead to the Malays reclaiming their country at some point in time.

What is there to presume when I have been stating this throughout this thread???

Like I had said before and I repeat this was never their country, not in the past and never will be in the future.

Just because you were taught that Singapore was "founded" in 1819 does not mean it was a lost world before this time without anyone living on it and without anyone owning the land.

Continue to live in your dreamworld of denial that this land never belong to the Malays and that they continue to be robbed of their land in this day when even their tradtional Malay district of Geylang Serai is now being robbed by a new wave of Chinese immigrants.

I have no doubts that it is simply matter of time before a group, unlike PKMS or the AMP, emerges to tell the Chinese that their time is up and that the owners are reclaiming their stolen land.

Sleep tight while the dreams and denials continue.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, I cant grasp the facts and substance of what you are trying to say, can you rephrase you post in simpleton.

U said "For the record, they are flooding the nation with foreigners of all races to inflate its population".

But tell me which race truely inflate the population? Definitely not the Malays.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because you were taught that Singapore was "founded" in 1819 does not mean it was a lost world before this time without anyone living on it and without anyone owning the land.

Continue to live in your dreamworld of denial that this land never belong to the Malays and that they continue to be robbed of their land in this day when even their tradtional Malay district of Geylang Serai is now being robbed by a new wave of Chinese immigrants.

I have no doubts that it is simply matter of time before a group, unlike PKMS or the AMP, emerges to tell the Chinese that their time is up and that the owners are reclaiming their stolen land.

Sleep tight while the dreams and denials continue.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and the way you look at things while I have mine. I see myself living in the real world, never in denial and never in fear.

Imaginations knows no frontiers, what PKMS , AMP whatever they're emerging to reclaim stolen land, they are just but your imaginations and fear mongering, it wont affect my sleep, not even a bit.

While for you I suggest you take a break and forget about such silly ideas of stolen malay land before you mentally schiz out.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
U said "For the record, they are flooding the nation with foreigners of all races to inflate its population".

But tell me which race truely inflate the population? Definitely not the Malays.

Well, to continue their political domination going by proportion it is obvious they will maintain a ratio of chinese majority.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, you are entitled to your opinion and the way you look at things while I have mine. I see myself living in the real world, never in denial and never in fear.

Your "reality" and"non-denials" are rooted in ignorance and denials about historical facts and political realities. So far, you have not provided one shred of evidence to prove your claims.

Imaginations knows no frontiers, what PKMS , AMP whatever they're emerging to reclaim stolen land, they are just but your imaginations and fear mongering, it wont affect my sleep, not even a bit.

My "imaginations" and "fear mongering", unlike your "reality" and "non-denials" are based on historical facts, political realities and current trends.

While for you I suggest you take a break and forget about such silly ideas of stolen malay land before you mentally schiz out.

Better for you to get your head out of the hole, leave your ostrich mentality behind and face the geopolitical realities of living in a Malay world on land that belongs to the Malays.

Good luck and continue with your beauty sleep. Cheers.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your "reality" and"non-denials" are rooted in ignorance and denials about historical facts and political realities. So far, you have not provided one shred of evidence to prove your claims.

My "imaginations" and "fear mongering", unlike your "reality" and "non-denials" are based on historical facts, political realities and current trends.

Better for you to get your head out of the hole, leave your ostrich mentality behind and face the geopolitical realities of living in a Malay world on land that belongs to the Malays.

Good luck and continue with your beauty sleep. Cheers.

I have not claim anything, historical facts, political facts or otherwise, I dont have to prove anything.

Your fear mongering is your imaginations. As far as I am concern I dont see any historical facts, political realities or current trends but your mental schiz.

I live in an island nation, a republic that was never a malay world and that's the reality. You should really take a break, I kind of sensed you are mentally schiz out when I hear uttering of ostrich and holes.