• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fujifilm x-pro 1

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Fujifilm XF 1

Meaning.. would you recommend buying Olympus over Fuji?

I was considering one of X-A1, X-M1 or X20.

It all depends upon what you're going to use the camera for.

Portraits, static scenery etc does not require fast auto focus. You have time to compose, focus and shoot.

For street and action photography, the camera has to lock on to the subject quickly or you've missed the moment.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was considering one of X-A1, X-M1 or X20.

for noobs like you, yeah.
go and buy olympus

for people like me, or people who know photography, got the skill to use it. get fujifilm. if you have no skill and use x-m1, you will eventually pull all your hair out.

focusing can be unreliable and keep searching, and still after searching for sometime, still cannot find focus. try again and again, then ok it got the focus. Most inconvenience. It does not happen all the time, but enough to piss me off.

i doubt people like you who buy x-m1 would use 60mmf2.4 or 35f1.4 right. that is what fujifilm shine, the prime and x sensor will blow your mind.

all is not lost for you. The next generation of X camera will have better focusing, starting from X-E2 coming end of this year, you should wait for X-A2 or Z-M2.

It all depends upon what you're going to use the camera for.

Portraits, static scenery etc does not require fast auto focus. You have time to compose, focus and shoot.

For street and action photography, the camera has to lock on to the subject quickly or you've missed the moment.

I was looking at X-A1, X-M1 or X20 for the price range. Did not consider X100S, X-E1 or X-Pro1 because they are higher priced and I don't used the camera for a living.

Good point about portraits, static scenery etc does not require fast auto focus. That gives me an idea on what I should choose.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

fuji film x system look good with their great zoom lenses, especially their 55-200mm lens, quite good for a zoom lens, and the IS is quite good.

but the photo shine with their prime lens, 60f2.4 an 35f1.4 , once you see the photo from 60f2.4, you will never use their zoom lens, unless you need the IS and range. The hood of 60f2.4 can kill if you hit someone on the head. it is solid metal.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
according to photozone the 18-55mm zoom, look at sharpness at 55mm
mtf.png

compare with 60f2.4
mtf.png

at f5.6 and more, almost the same, but when you compare the real life photo, night and day.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting camera review, doesn't matter Joanna or Cheryl - both also can but must do bikini shot :eek: Jokes aside,

X-A1 is a better buy over X-E1, not just it is cheaper than X-E1, it has bigger screen (3.0"), resolution 920 dots, ISO 25,600 , fast start up (500ms).

Cons of A1 over E1 is lack of viewfinder.

Both 1080p HD shots is less than 60fps

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting camera review, doesn't matter Joanna or Cheryl - both also can but must do bikini shot :eek: Jokes aside,

X-A1 is a better buy over X-E1, not just it is cheaper than X-E1, it has bigger screen (3.0"), resolution 920 dots, ISO 25,600 , fast start up (500ms).

Cons of A1 over E1 is lack of viewfinder.

Both 1080p HD shots is less than 60fps

viewfinder is very useful. that is the best way to hold the camera.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;nqmFE-9Am5c]http://youtu.be/nqmFE-9Am5c[/video]

i love this lens, but in that situation, you need 200mm to totally blur the background.

Last edited: