• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nikon retro DF, next camera of sam leong

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
tell me after you tested it for a few days.

I am waiting for the "body only" orders to arrive. The current stock which just arrived yesterday all come with NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition Lens.

I don't need the lens. I'll save $600 if I wait for the body only.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I went to take a look yesterday and have changed my mind about this camera. It doesn't look as good in real life as it does in the pictures and videos. The dials look nice but feel cheap to the touch when adjustments are made.

Nikon-Df-top.jpg

The exposure priority dial at the extreme right M A S P is awful. It needs to be pulled up before it turns and it feels like it's on the verge of falling off.

"You buy the Df with your heart not your head" is what many reviewers have remarked. If it felt more solid and classy, I would have bought it. It felt cheap so I'm not. Besides I already have the D4 which uses exactly the same sensor and can get far more out of it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
sorry to hear that your once great photography company try to rip you off. so sad.

I don't think it's a rip off. It's just that the construction does not remind me of my good old FM3 and F4. Ken Rockwell gives it a very good review but it's just not working for me.

I'll revisit the camera again in a couple of months and see whether I still feel the same way.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come to fujifilm, x-pro 1 and x-E1 or E2 have excellent build quality. Great lenses.

Nikon is the past.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
come to fujifilm, x-pro 1 and x-E1 or E2 have excellent build quality. Great lenses.

Nikon is the past.

I have $10,000 worth of Nikon lenses. It doesn't make sense for me to start a new collection. There's nothing wrong with Nikon build quality. My Nikon D4 is built like a rock. I could use it to hammer nails if need be.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have $10,000 worth of Nikon lenses. It doesn't make sense for me to start a new collection. There's nothing wrong with Nikon build quality. My Nikon D4 is built like a rock. I could use it to hammer nails if need be.

no , not replace nikon, just get fujifilm for days when you want to travel light. nikon d4 is work horse, fujifilm have nothing to replace it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
no , not replace nikon, just get fujifilm for days when you want to travel light. nikon d4 is work horse, fujifilm have nothing to replace it.

I have my Olympus OMD for travel.... 2 lenses is all I need.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I share his sentiment. The dials look great but they're all in the wrong place for me. I've grown used to the Nikon digital camera layout and this camera needs a learning curve that we shouldn't have to go through.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I share his sentiment. The dials look great but they're all in the wrong place for me. I've grown used to the Nikon digital camera layout and this camera needs a learning curve that we shouldn't have to go through.

nikon took 4 years to design that oversize d600 with dials? what a joke.