• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucking PAP to increase GST next month

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With the hike in GST, there would be more money to help the poor. I'm willing to pay more GST even though I am rich and my family spends a lot each month.

What's your problem, oppies? Too cheap to help the poor?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
We live in societies where taxes are for different needs. Taxes are necessary. The question(s) should be directed towards how the money is spent/distributed.

Cheers!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You just don't get it do you? The trouble with you is that you are sinkified. Everything is about dollars & cents to you.

I'm not making fun that you have to penny pinch. Just that you are sinkified :smile: I have friends who are not as fortunate & they still have to work. Just pointing out the problems you have understanding where I'm coming from. I am financially independent & free from the expenses of having a car loans or mortgage.

If I do decide to buy a car it will be on a cash basis & not on a loan.

I enjoy travelling & am doing it every month. While travelling I still need to take care of things like haircuts, dental care, ..etc

I don't do it in Spore because It's more more convenient doing it in places like LOS. It's near to my hotel & I can just walk in without waiting or making an appointment.
let's see who is the real penny pincher. and kpkb about sg being too expensive. in sg i get my haircut at the bedok bus interchange. no need to fly to los to get a haircut. breakfast at soy eu tua kopitiam at jalan tua kong. no need to fly to los to get cheap breakfast. for clothes, can pop in uniqlo for jap designs. no need to fly to los for tailor made clothes. they fit my body type. for sportswear can pop into decathlon for cheap throwaways after using them 6.9 times. for teeth cleaning, very affordable in sg, especially in bedok. and no ladyboys nor hookers for me like you do in your regular trips to los, as sg is actually my travel destination hub. as i'm financially independent too, like you, no need to worry about expenses such as haircuts, clothes, food, dentistry, etc. all vehicles (suv's and sportscars) and homes are paid for, thus don't even need to decide to pay with cash or loans. and i don't kpkb about sg being expensive for small things like haircuts, dental visits, clothes, food, etc. when one is truly financially independent as one claims one doesn't kpkb about such things. the moment you kpkb and sweats the small stuff like you do about peanut expenses in sg it sexposes you. got it?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
still in sg? can't bear to leave for good?
Obviously you have not Tried tailor made shirts. Price wise they cost the same as the shirts I bought from Spore I.e. Robinsons

However the material used in a custom made shirts is superior.
I own a combination of short & Long sleeve shirts. Their fit is superb & I am still wearing shirts I made 10+ years ago. While the off rack shirts I bought in Spore have been thrown out.

A good tailor in Bkk can offer different grades of cloth. So don't go for the price alone. Talk to the tailor & find out about the different options.

For pants I tried both Thai & imported material. The imported material from Italy, England, .... had a finer weave making the material softer.

Nowadays I am more likely to use hiking pants but still using the shirts. The tailor I used is focusing on the European & US market. He makes visits to these countries to measure clients. The clothes are made in Thailand & sent to the clients.

Sir, you forgot to answer the "still in sg? can't bear to leave" question.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir, you forgot to answer the "still in sg? can't bear to leave" question.
aiyah. he's been kpkb'ing about sg for over 6.9 years, talk cock about migrating to los, but still can't bear to leave. every year there's a new excuse. it only proves that sg is too good to miss.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah. he's been kpkb'ing about sg for over 6.9 years, talk cock about migrating to los, but still can't bear to leave. every year there's a new excuse. it only proves that sg is too good to miss.
I am pretty curious on the psychological and emotional aspect of a person who behaves like this.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
555 actually my latest status,,I am not financial independent and last 2 years max out my credit cards also. But still very happy leh.

Me die die also want to stay in Siam Lor.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not happy we still have to pay, happy, we will pay. The program is to pay...pay & pay. No need to complain, grovel & gripe...just PAY!. I am not complaining, no use...I just PAY.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxes increasing and needing own puppet Prez to stop TCB finding out about the dwindling reserves....SG really bankrupt liao.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporate tax low yes agree!! But outside this Corporate Tax, PAP tax you to death buying a car ~ Open Market Value of the car e.g.$15K by the time Owner purchase on the road it would cost a Whopping $110K!! GST everything and every where!! Tax on sales of Property?? endless!! Motor Bike and Motor car ridiculous Additional Registration Fee (ARF) wtf is this?? Taxes by this ruling party is endless!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
roundtrip air fare from sin to bkk on budget airlines: $69
local transportation: $6.96 a day
cheap hotel in bkk: $69 a day
duration of stay in bkk: 6.9 days
total expense in bkk (including nights with ladyboys): $696
total savings in shopping: $69
experience for johnny: priceless
:biggrin:

If that is your typical itinerary then you must like ladyboys:p

Are you also gay?

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporate tax low yes agree!! But outside this Corporate Tax, PAP tax you to death buying a car ~ Open Market Value of the car e.g.$15K by the time Owner purchase on the road it would cost a Whopping $110K!! GST everything and every where!! Tax on sales of Property?? endless!! Motor Bike and Motor car ridiculous Additional Registration Fee (ARF) wtf is this?? Taxes by this ruling party is endless!!
Why need to buy car? Take taxi n grab n Uber is cheaper than owning a car n less hassle..

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a clone of eatshitndie?

If you are then I am asking him the same question you ask me in a previous posting. Are you gay?
Nope.. I am not his clone.

Now you can answer why you avoid the " still in sg? Cant bear to leave" question.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why need to buy car? Take taxi n grab n Uber is cheaper than owning a car n less hassle..

The fact is that as one gets older it will be harder to do simple things like carrying groceries. Only today I saw a senior citizen having problems getting on & off the bus.

Even with things like Uber you will not have the flexibility of having your own transport.

I am concerned about this nitty gritty & not looking at emigration as an escape because I no longer have to do NS. Nor do I have to rely on Spore for my livelihood. I'm getting all my income from outside Spore.

Some people just don't get it that emigration is not always the answer. I have lived in Canada & know the pros & cons. If you rely on dividends & stocks for an income, Canada is not a good choice because of the taxes.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope.. I am not his clone.

Now you can answer why you avoid the " still in sg? Cant bear to leave" question.

Your not a clone, really:biggrin:

I've lived in Spore for most of my life & definitely know the cons. I've also lived & work in places like Canada so am not ignorant of what a 1st world country can offer.

Most people emigrate because of NS, reservist obligations, high cost of homes & cars, citizens concerns are ignored by the PAP,..etc

I am now retired. My condo is fully paid for. I have no NS or reservist obligations. I made sure to buy a condo that is close to amenities, so I can do without a car. I am financially secure & worth a couple of million $. I have voted opposition but you can't change Spore if everyone else supports the PAP

I use Spore as a base for my travels around this region. Spore is just a convenient place to sleep & store my Barat, barang. In Spore the taxes are much simpler e.g no capital gains tax.

If you want to move to a place like Canada you have to do it while one is younger. The taxes may be high but your family will receive the social & monetary benefits. It's too late for me to consider moving there now, but at least I was able to make my fortune in Spore.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your not a clone, really:biggrin:

I've lived in Spore for most of my life & definitely know the cons. I've also lived & work in places like Canada so am not ignorant of what a 1st world country can offer.

Most people leave Emigrate because of NS, reservist obligations, high cost of homes & cars, citizens concerns are ignored by the PAP,..etc

I am now retired. My condo is fully paid for. I have no NS or reservist obligations. I made sure to buy a condo that is close to amenities, so I can do without a car. I am financially secure & worth a couple of million $. I have voted opposition but you can't change Spore if everyone else supports the PAP

I use Spore as a base for my travels around this region. Spore is just a convenient place to sleep & store my Barat, barang. In Spore the taxes are much simpler e.g no capital gains tax?

If you want to move to a place like Canada you have to do it while one is younger. The taxes may be high but your family will receive the social & monetary benefits. It's too late for me to consider moving there now, but at least I was able to make my fortune in Spore.
555. P’Johnny, got time come pattaya relax relax lar, and forget about sinking land. Other than missing a few of my favorite sinkie hawker food, dont miss a thing in Sinking land. Umm, maybe miss the sinkie roads. Sinkie roads I mus say really sibeh tok kong, but also high road tax.