• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fresh facts about our favorite Fresh Prince

jw5

Loyal
1648555473308.png

Fresh facts about our favorite Fresh Prince​

Will Smith has been on our TV screens and in cinemas for some 30 years. His career has been filled with success, and he is still one of the biggest actors in Hollywood.
That's why it was such a historic moment when Smith finally won his first Oscar at the 2022 ceremony for his role in 'King Richard,' playing the father of Venus and Serena Williams. He was up against an impressive list of talents including Javier Bardem ('Being the Ricardos'), Benedict Cumberbatch ('The Power of the Dog'), Andrew Garfield ('Tick, Tick...Boom!') and Denzel Washington ('The Tragedy of Macbeth').
But while Smith had tears in his eyes, it wasn't for the success. "I want to apologize to the Academy, I want to apologize to all my fellow nominees," Smith said. "This is a beautiful moment and I'm not crying for winning an award, it's not about winning an award for me."
Earlier in the night, he had marched onstage and slapped Chris Rock for making a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith's alopecia. "I know to be able to do what we do you gotta be able to take abuse, you gotta be able to have people talk crazy about you. In this business you gotta have people disrespecting you and you gotta pretend that that's OK," Smith alluded to the incident. "Denzel [Washington] said to me a few minutes ago, 'At your highest moment, be careful, that's when the devil comes for you.'"
"I want to say thank you to Venus and Serena and the entire Williams family for entrusting me with your story. That's what I want to do. I want to be an ambassador of that kind of care and love and concern," he said, somewhat contradicting his previous actions.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN

In movie Bad Boys, he like so macho garang.
Real men punch.
Only CAQ KUNIANG slap.

Lost my respect for him.

jw5

Loyal
1648556683760.png

A controversial win​

In his acceptance speech, Smith apologized for his outburst and related himself to his winning role in 'King Richard.' "Art imitates life, I look like the crazy father," he said. "Love will make you do crazy things." He added, "Richard Williams was a fierce defender of his family. In this time in my life, in this moment I am overwhelmed by what God is calling on me to do and be in this world ... I wanna be a vessel of love. I wanna say thank you to Venus and Serena, I just hope they didn't see that on TV."

jw5

Loyal
1648556738574.png

"The Prince"​

Smith earned the nickname "The Prince" in high school, as he was known for goofing around yet always found a way to smooth-talk himself out of trouble.

jw5

Loyal
1648560060912.png

Early career​

Will Smith began his career as an MC in the hip-hop duo called DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, together with his childhood friend, Jeffrey Townes, and Ready Rock C.

jw5

Loyal
1648560087416.png

Millionaire​

Smith became a millionaire before he turned 18, after the release of their debut album, 'Rock The House.'

jw5

Loyal
1648560114388.png

Bankruptcy​

Despite this initial success, the actor almost went bankrupt in 1990 after being fined US$2 million for overdue taxes.

jw5

Loyal
1648562044220.png

Contract​

This was the same year that NBC offered him a contract for the famous sitcom, 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,' in which he played the main character.

jw5

Loyal
1648564712393.png

Popularity​

Will Smith's popularity boomed after starring in the series, which was such a huge hit that he stayed with NBC from 1990 until 1996.

jw5

Loyal
1648564738410.png

Grammy​

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince won a Grammy for their song 'Summertime' in 1991.

jw5

Loyal
1648567225775.png

First wife​

Will Smith was married once before, to a woman named Sheree Fletcher. They have a son named Will Smith III, whom they call "Trey," and divorced in 1995.

jw5

Loyal
1648567249689.png

Oscar​

Will Smith was the first rapper to be nominated for an Oscar, for his role in 'Ali' (2001).

jw5

Loyal
1648570669789.png

Jada Pinkett Smith​

He met Jada Pinkett Smith when she auditioned to play his girlfriend on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.' The part eventually went to Nia Long, but they married in 1997.

jw5

Loyal
1648570700553.png

Kids​

The actor has three kids. His first, Willard Smith III (Trey Smith), was born in 1992. His second son, Jaden Christopher Syre Smith (known as Jaden Smith), was born in 1998. And lastly his daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith (Willow Smith), was born in 2000. His second two children are from his marriage to Jada.