• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FR on Auckland NZ

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
My plan is to get the arrangements to move there without needing to get a job first, buy a house with most of my cash and then maybe another small place/apartment and get the rental to live on while i come back here to continue working.

With the savings plus rental and plus my job, more than enough to achieve the dream while having a place to retire to.

In order to retire comfortably.. you will need at least 5 investment hse collecting net income of 50k-100k p.a. and include a fully paid primary hse and lump sum hard cash of >500k. I am 38 this year and I am forcing my arse off to complete the above mission by 48 :( Nothin is impossible for Commandos.. for a start, I shall dream BIG. Then walk towards the dreams and finally enjoy the dreams..

The ppl here aint the same in Sillypore, so be careful if you let out your property.. best is to hold commercial properties.. no worries.. no pain and no maintenance.. There are plenty of supplies around now :wink:

I'm glad you took the courage to ship out.. as long as you have the determination, you'll succeed... Coz I have been there, done that and lovin it ! Once the dust is settled.. you'll soon be moving towards a retirement life.. taking lesser stress.. and live happier.. Yahhoooo !

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immigration consultancy in New Zealand now is regulated since this year. Do your homeworks by scouting around for the best one to take on your case.

You were lucky to be out of pockets for mere hundreds.

That was way back in 04 or 05 when they just started to changed the system to tie in the PR with a job offer. Since then, i have already migrated and doing well in Edmonton, Ca

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Useful emigration links :

http://www.singaporeclub.co.nz/migration.htm

Migration Links <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="34%"> </td> <td width="66%">NZ Immigration Service- The New Zealand Immigration Service is the sole agency of the New Zealand Government responsible for immigration and entry to New Zealand.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="34%"> </td> <td width="66%"> Kelston Community Church
We have a large proportion of members from Malaysia and Singapore. If you are a new immigrant from Malaysia or Singapore and would like to meet more fellow immigrants we would like to welcome you to come and join us. Please contact us at:
[email protected]
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="34%">
</td> <td width="66%">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <o></o>

www.newkiwis.co.nz :The Auckland Chamber of Commerce’s New Kiwis programme links the skills of highly qualified migrants to the needs of New Zealand business throughout New Zealand. It is where migrants register their skills, experience and qualifications; then a New Zealand style CV is automatically created and their profile is uploaded onto the web as an active job seeker

www.cab.org.nz : The Citizens Advise Bureau Citizens Advice Bureau is a voluntary organisation providing free, confidential information and advice to anyone about any query or problem. CAB is staffed by trained volunteers who can access information by computer or from the extensive range of resources held by each bureau

www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz : This useful guide is a must-have for all new to the city and an informative read for locals.

Where to Live in Auckland provides a unique insight into the 50 different neighbourhoods of New Zealand's largest city.

All the most vital information is crammed into its 260 pages; what it costs to buy or rent property, who lives in the area, real estate trends, types of housing and assessments of transport and leisure facilities.

<o>

</o>
Plus maps of Auckland's 27 secondary school zones, population profiles and invaluable buyers' tips.

<o>

</o>
Where to Live in Auckland - everything you need to know about today's property market in Auckland.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
<table id="table2" border="0" cellpadding="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
Singapore Club Auckland takes you to
“CHINATOWN”

at
The Stamford Plaza Hotel

on

Saturday 8<sup>th</sup> August 2009, 6:30pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_s1028" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:387pt; height:249pt'> <v:imagedata src="events_files/image001.jpg" o:href="http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/PDS/PDS098/200119707-001.jpg"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->
image002.jpg
<!--[endif]-->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> We’re back again with a night of fun and festivities
as we take you to our cultural playground where great food and beautiful women (and men) abound, and where noise and laughter fill the air!

Come join us and add to this wonderful atmosphere in all things Chinese, from your dress to accessories. Enter the world of Suzy Wong in your sleaziest or dreamiest cheongsams and dinner suits, as a triad gangster, kungfu master or a lowly coolie. *
Be entertained by sultry songbirds, the Ms Chinatown Pageant, and maybe come away with a free trip to Chinatown Singapore!
Tickets cost: $70 (non-members), $65 members A table seats 10
Email: [email protected] for tickets soon.
*Google “Chinese costumes” for ideas.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for posting the useful links Sam..

On the EOI screen I score about 150, still not sure whether to go through an agent to look for a job, send resumes direct to the hospitals, or...

I think the chairman of Stamford Group is visiting the hotel, hence the chinatown night...