• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Form is Emptiness, Emptiness is Form?

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Self is not the same as self-interest.

it seems to me that you are really a very shallow religion fanactic. Let me answer to you why bother when "form = emptiness and emptiness = form"

Like i said before, buddism is really a very deep philosophy, if you can understand Helger, then probably you can start to understand buddhism. buddhism is really not go to temple and pray for 4D numbers.

The reason why human being suffer is becoz we are bedazzeled by "form" and you will ask what the fu*k it is. everything in life has a form. its the shape of anything, the outter appearance of anything, and sometimes, even the shallow understanding of a sophisticated theory can be called a form.

that ah neh price who started buddism realize most humans are too engrossed with things are that just the "outer". eg. you love a pretty gal, but you may love her even before you know her inner self. you love your country, but you dunno what bad your country is really doing to its people. you hate a person becoz he is ugly, smelly, whatever that your 5 senses can give you an impression on, b4 you even try to understand why he is ugly and smelly. you think lion is cruel when you see it eating a deer with blood in his mouth, but you fail to see his role to balance the nature's cycle.

that is why form is usually deceiving. and buddha urge us to see beyond this form because its really of no substance to the real person, animal, theory, what have you. therefore, form = emptiness

so whatever you want to see, look, listen, smell, probe deeper beyond the "form" of anything.

and then emptiness is form is even more chim. when you reach the state whereby you understand that form=emptiness is form, the next higher level is to understand what you attain is yet but another "form" to the real enlightenment.

few people can ever understand this, or should i say...practise it. basically, you are not troubled about anything anymore, but anything can make you happy, because you finally see the beauty in EVERYTHING. even death. but to reach emptiness is = form, that means you are not even troubled by the fact whether you are enlightened or not.

chim right? i read the sciptures numerous time and everytime i learn something more, just like the bible.

and i have answered your question on why bother when form = emptiness, please explain the following

1) If god is so powerful, can he ever create a woman that is so sexy that even he must have sex with her

2) if god is so powerful, can he, even when he is not willing, make himself into satan?

3) i read about you talking abut how amazing the human eye is and someone must have designed it (your god). so the question is, who create your god? if your answer is no one created him, he is there from teh start of time. so if something so powerful, so sophisticated can just be there without any creator, why not the human race and universe?

4) Xtian's often talk about miracles of ALL sort, why are there no miracles for amputess having your lost limbs grow again? this seem to be the only miracle that we are just lacking to really believe your god exist.

peace

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
self is un-important. self is irrelevant. i try not to focus on myself too much.

many wars and sufferings are caused by self-interests.

Jesus is more important.

a leopard never changes its spots..in fact this one gets worse!!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems to me that you are really a very shallow religion fanactic. Let me answer to you why bother when "form = emptiness and emptiness = form"

-cut-
4) Xtian's often talk about miracles of ALL sort, why are there no miracles for amputess having your lost limbs grow again? this seem to be the only miracle that we are just lacking to really believe your god exist.

peace

errr. form is emptiness, emptiness is form is not really explained that way as it is but a verse in the entire Heart Sutra. I am sure you have read the follow up statements of the five aggregates of existence.

to put it in a very simple nutshell, the idea that form is emptiness and emptiness is form is actually referring to the lack of a Self or entity in all things. Everything is relative. A chair is a chair only when someone needs to sit down. Otherwise, it is but a collection of wood.

Put it another way, VIBYGOR is VIGYGOR because I am SHOUTLOUD. If the entire universe consists of only VIGYGOR, does VIGYGOR need to be called VIGYGOR?

This is the reason why Buddhists reject the idea of a creator god as it is not possible. Everything is relative and there is no starting point, no creator god creating the universe

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the reason why Buddhists reject the idea of a creator god as it is not possible. Everything is relative and there is no starting point, no creator god creating the universe

In fact, Buddhism is generally considered to be not atheistic but agnostic, in that, the Buddha himself did not deny the existence of God. The Indian teacher and social reformer teacher called Sakyamuni Buddha is reported to have either kept silent when asked whether God existed, or in other cases to have said that his Noble Eightfold path led to enlightenment and deathless peace, and did not require faith or belief in a divine being or supreme creator. "Buddhism Without Beliefs," by the former monk and Buddhist scholar Stephen Batchelor, offers a fine argument for the agnostic thinking of basic Buddhism.

LeeLaoPeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
"form is emptiness , emptiness is form"

when spoken by wise man is form

when spoken by homo conman is emptiness

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, Buddhism is generally considered to be not atheistic but agnostic, in that, the Buddha himself did not deny the existence of God. The Indian teacher and social reformer teacher called Sakyamuni Buddha is reported to have either kept silent when asked whether God existed, or in other cases to have said that his Noble Eightfold path led to enlightenment and deathless peace, and did not require faith or belief in a divine being or supreme creator. "Buddhism Without Beliefs," by the former monk and Buddhist scholar Stephen Batchelor, offers a fine argument for the agnostic thinking of basic Buddhism.

Sorry I missed this and Happy New Year to you!

I do not know who is Stehen Batchelor but he got it wrong. The Buddha kept silent not because he does not have the answer but the question is not answerable.

macham like can God create a stone so heavy that he cannot carry.

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
errr. form is emptiness, emptiness is form is not really explained that way as it is but a verse in the entire Heart Sutra. I am sure you have read the follow up statements of the five aggregates of existence.

to put it in a very simple nutshell, the idea that form is emptiness and emptiness is form is actually referring to the lack of a Self or entity in all things. Everything is relative. A chair is a chair only when someone needs to sit down. Otherwise, it is but a collection of wood.

Put it another way, VIBYGOR is VIGYGOR because I am SHOUTLOUD. If the entire universe consists of only VIGYGOR, does VIGYGOR need to be called VIGYGOR?

your form of explanation is one kind of understanding. my explanation is another kind. but both are not wrong.

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

what kind of god is he not denying?

1)creator god?
2)buddha? (normal human with enlightenment)

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
your form of explanation is one kind of understanding. my explanation is another kind. but both are not wrong.

Altho simple statement but powerful if most people can accept the fact that they are not always right, most arguments or quarrels started becos of the fact that they think that they are right...:(

In every argument, all parties will always think that they are right, but then who is wrong then???:confused:

Both parties are neither wrong nor right, it is just a difference of opinions or beliefs, as what Shoutloud said earlier, all things are relative...:smile: