• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foresake Citizenship

damnu88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was wondering if young and middle age Singaporean will give up their citizenship and grab all their monies to spend in a third world country or less stressful country or ........

Despite the increasing in everything but pay package, if give up the citizenship, can withdrawn all the monies in CPF , deposit acc....and move to another country to start a new life???

Will anyone do it or have better suggestion on this.

If more Singaporen are moving out, will the goverment introduce dual citizenships to hold them from going out of the country??

In future time will the country be dominate by forigeners that hold a larger population in Singapore than Singaporeans?? What is the plan??

If the population going to aging without reproducing more babies than expected what you think is the best solution to it???Sweden model...Fat hope to it.

Having living till 82 years, you think possible and what will the minimum sum be after 2013???

Most of all living in this fast moving and high living standard will all people going to make a better life for themselves or next generation, whereby most of them cant make it in this life time.

Alot of ????????Anyone can enlighten or have any good suggestion for better living:p

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u cannot stand living in singapore, then maybe u should give up that pink ic for good..

dun be like somebody here who keep on bashing singaporeans, but still hang on to pink ic..:biggrin:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

we are not politician so dont fret over this policy or that. leave that to the experts who are paid millions to solve our problems.

think simple, work hard , play hard , earn a honest living. enjoy little things in life, cherish those ard you. if you cant do that , doesnt matter where u go, you still wouldnt be happy.

enjoy what we have now, who know what the future holds?

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
grass is greener on the otherside.....really depends on what you want

I got friends that went to australia but came back within 3 months and also friends that i will probably never see again after they left singapore for good.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
can go into hiding by moving to pungol and live a life of a fisherman. Go out on a sampan and fish for breakfast , lunch and dinner. I think many people who AWOL from NS do this.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
some just go over to Batam..get a 2nd or even 3rd wife and stay there...

houses about $10k each (low-costs) can be bought if under Batam ppl (hence a 2nd or 3rd wife name)

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, physically you left with your belongings but you can never forget the memories left behind in your birth country. People die in foreign lands with deep longing to see their homeland one last time but how when on deathbed?

Never leave your homeland. Stand up to correct the wrongs in your country. Make it better. Never give it up to be 2nd class citizen in another country.

PhilipsM

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

think simple, work hard , play hard , earn a honest living. enjoy little things in life, cherish those ard you. if you cant do that , doesnt matter where u go, you still wouldnt be happy.

enjoy what we have now, who know what the future holds?

I like how you put it. Life indeed should be simple, and it is the simple things that can bring a long lasting satisfaction that would linger sweetly at the corner of your mind. Happiness is always there, its how we accept things as they are.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
life is never simple. only people are. all foreigners working here are laughing at our stupidity. even the bangla can retire in 10-20yrs in a landed three storey. simple-minded people are always screwed throughout history. that is a fact of life that will never change

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, physically you left with your belongings but you can never forget the memories left behind in your birth country. People die in foreign lands with deep longing to see their homeland one last time but how when on deathbed?

Never leave your homeland. Stand up to correct the wrongs in your country. Make it better. Never give it up to be 2nd class citizen in another country.

Following your suggestion. The typical Sinkie first got to find where he left his pair of....

BALLS!! LOL

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkees cannot stand.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure all of you have bought some form of insurance policies. Why do you buy them in the first place?

I always tell people that the writings are on the wall but......
- some don't think so
- some think that things will change
- some think that we cannot foresee the future so why worry so much
- some are living in denial
- some are simply too lazy to do anything about it
- some are simply ignorant
- some agree with me but their actions speak otherwise - for example they can complain everything about the country but at the same time still breeding like rabbits

We want change but this is afterall still a democratic country where everyone gets a vote and if majority (60.1%) still want the status quo, what can you do? This is not unique to Singapore. A lot of Americans don't like Bush and Obama but they can't do much about it since majority of Americans wanted them to be President.

I have given up on discussing all these with people around me but I have started to buy another form of 'insurance' - preparing to leave the country incase I have to.