• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners threaten to leave woh!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Parents in Singapore have mixed views about the Education Ministry's move to raise school fees for permanent residents and foreigners.

Some schools told MediaCorp on Monday that the changes may encourage more foreigners to apply for citizenship before their children start schooling.

From 2011, permanent residents and foreigners will pay higher school fees. While Singaporean parents support the move, they said the fee hike should also take into consideration the income level of non-Singaporeans.

"Of course, it's good news for Singaporeans, but they should put a cap to the fee increment. Times are bad and everyone is under a lot of pressure," one parent said.

Non-citizens have mixed views about the changes. "I think it is right to increase the fees because the school's expenditure and teachers' salaries are high," one of them told MediaCorp.

Another said: "I think the increase is too much – it's more than 100 per cent. I feel it's unfair."

Local schools said non-Singaporean parents generally understand the need for the fee revision.

Lee Hui Feng, principal of Nanyang Primary School, said: "They do see the rationale behind the hikes in school fees and I think as compared to the school fees of the international school, we are still lower, way lower.

"I think they do see the value of our education system and they hold high regards for our education system. To the parents, it's really good investment for the children."

But with school fees almost tripling by 2012, some foreigners said they will have to consider if they should stay or go.

I think we should raise everything from Primary school fees to Sec/JC/Uni/Poly + medical fees.

Those PRs who decided NOT to serve NS should be taxed a special "NS rejection tax" every year. This is to reflect the loss of 2 yrs service + annual ICT for sporeans who have to serve.
NS rejection tax = 20% of their total income.
The total NS rejection tax collected every year should then be distributed to all active NS men + reservist who didn't defer their ICT for that year.

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good, leave quickly!
I can contribute to help them - like with a boot up their asses on their way out the door.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya!!! I support. Leave Singapore. You foreign trashs are overestimating yourselves and not needed here anymore. You want equal rights and equal opportunities for not wanting to contribute to Singapore? My foot!!! This is a grave PAP has already digged for the party. It is provened now! If you foreign trash want to leave, please bring PAP with you. All these useless bums are not needed too.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While Singaporean parents support the move, they said the fee hike should also take into consideration the income level of non-Singaporeans.

Which dumb Singaporean parents said that? If they don't have the money, then stay home in their home country. Nobody forces them to come here.

But with school fees almost tripling by 2012, some foreigners said they will have to consider if they should stay or go.

If they can find cheaper alternative in other countries (not their home country), so be it. If they don't want to commit to this land as a citizen, yet want to enjoy the benefits of this land without paying the price, they can leave for all I care.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they can find cheaper alternative in other countries (not their home country), so be it. If they don't want to commit to this land as a citizen, yet want to enjoy the benefits of this land without paying the price, they can leave for all I care.

This I totally agree with

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
This I totally agree with

I oso strongly agree! :biggrin:
For once this government policy is something that I willingly agree with :p

Next we should oso start another policy for those PRs who buy HDB flats..... make them convert to citizen within 5 years of getting the flat or empower HDB to confiscate it back! :p

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it just me of do you guys out there notice that only recently Pappy came up with all these pesant pleasing policies just before the upcoming election? Wonder what policies they will implement after the election?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a6-1.jpg

He, Second-Lieutenant (2nd Lt) Vasily Chuply will not leave Singapore, He will defend Singapore to the very end when war came.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Foreigners, including PRs and non-PRs, should realize that although they pay taxes just like every Singaporeans, they are also consuming public goods such as roads, gardens, playgrounds, public transport, safe environment....etc.

Some of these are intangible which may not be found in their own countries. Especially things like safe environment, clean water, proper healthcare services...etc.

This is not a hotel nor a wonderland and Citizens have their privileges.

Goh Meng Seng

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners, including PRs and non-PRs, should realize that although they pay taxes just like every Singaporeans, they are also consuming public goods such as roads, gardens, playgrounds, public transport, safe environment....etc.

Some of these are intangible which may not be found in their own countries. Especially things like safe environment, clean water, proper healthcare services...etc.

This is not a hotel nor a wonderland and Citizens have their privileges.

Goh Meng Seng

Even if Singapore is a hotel for them, they also must pay service charge. Now they are complaining. Idiot foreigners treated Singapore like moron just because PAP think so too.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont understand the mentality of these foreigners esp the ones with the darker skin, have a BO & talk while shaking their heads.
There's a solution for this little problem, that is to take up citizenship & there you have it, a cheaper education alternative.
Are FOREIGN INDIANS such cheapos? How would they feel if i go to their motherland & start a school that charges high fees on their little pundek kids?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can still remember they hung china flag or other nationalities flag at the balcony during Singapore national day. Such attitude of non-loyality to Singapore still have the cheek to request for equal rights priviledges. Thus it shows PAP is blind for all to see.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah, they know you won't.

Because their shitty land is not like ours.

You want to set up a school, first must pay the smelly bureaucrats how much in bribes.

Then you have to build the damn place. Not unless you want the building to be in shitty condition, full of rats, ready to collapse anytime, no electricity, etc.

Not to mention you can't find any teachers. Their teachers are infamous for not showing up in school or having fake certs.

Then you have problems collecting their school fees.

These Asian Niggers are just being unreasonable and hoping to squeeze more out of our generosity. There is no way they will send their kids to their Nigger schools.

I dont understand the mentality of these foreigners esp the ones with the darker skin, have a BO & talk while shaking their heads.
There's a solution for this little problem, that is to take up citizenship & there you have it, a cheaper education alternative.
Are FOREIGN INDIANS such cheapos? How would they feel if i go to their motherland & start a school that charges high fees on their little pundek kids?

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal

We should do away with this PR thingy. Foreigners come here and want to enjoy the benefits, become a citizen or fuck off. It's so simple. Why complicate matters with this PR shit.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe after election
the pap will come out with a memo
after considering all the facts , they decide not to increase the fees.
want to bet?

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a little amused at the calls asking the PRs to convert to citizenship. Don't you know that this will just push many of them to just have one spouse convert while the other retains their native citizenship? Of course, it may be more of an issue if both of them are from different countries and neither of them is willing to give up his/her citizenship.

Also, please do not fall into the PAP trap of making you consider new citizens as equal with Sinkies. I will just pose a simple question. If PAP invites 10 million foreigners to become PRs and 5 million of them accept and subsequently, 1 million out of the 5 million take up citizenship over a couple of years, would you still be happy? The crux of the issue is to look at the root cause of the problem, that is, do we have sufficient resources to support an exploding population created artificially? Please do not ever forget to take the PAP to task for first ensuring that the existing citizens have been taken care of properly before we even consider flooding the peesai-size island with foreigners, much less asking them to convert to Sinkie citizenship.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal! Then convert to citizen lah! Its so easy in this prostitute land. Scared right? Fuck off then.

U think they want Sgp citizenship?
I hv met many FW here, like Bangla thai Ind China Myamar Nepali Pinoy......................they rather go back n laid-back than to slog out here.
They see no future when one hit the middle age.

Even those Astar scholars who came fm Viet Thai (All ASEAN) are using these free scholarship till JC..........and off to UK/USA.

What a dumb govt...........who want to buy the souls of these people, other than to help its own people.