• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For Wine Connoisseurs onLy..

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
704796_446306458761272_985386159_o.jpg
不满马国司机薪水比他们高,smrt近200中国籍巴士司机, 大罢工,要求人人同工同酬,惊动镇暴部队到场。

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kanina, taLking about French wines; i wouLd say they the most Over-hyped wines in this WorLd !..:cool:
WhiLe for a NormaL $30 BottLe of wine from the New WorLd Age; but sadLy, One have to spent cLose to $100 for a simiLiar tasting BLend of French ! :(
Worse is; many of them Have to be 'Aired' ... :eek:
in fact, all wines should be left to "breathe" for about 15 mins before drinking.

Friend not all French wine are that expensive, go look for Cote du Rhone wine very drinkable and affordable. And for New Wine World by far Australian and New Zealand are pretty good in our region, just that when all these wines comes into Singapore they are over priced.
can't blame the retailers as the liquor tax eats into their profits.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
individual wine preference will usually change with time. once a upon a time, I was drinking cabs. then, I was into Pinots. now I am into Barberas.

while the price:quality correlation is NOT ALWAYS accurate, price is often a reliable guide to how "good" a wine is. for example, a yellow label is not as delicious as a Opus One or the more expensive wines within the same brand and varietal.

But having said that, there is always the issue of personal preference... which often sets the stage for intense discussions.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend started drinking wine and for a start wants something easy to drink but not necessarily cheap. I went to the neighborhood grocery shop with quite a range of wine, from $6.50 to $30+. I randomly selected a Frontera Merlot and Cab Sab (Chile). Surprisingly turns out to be quite good and the price even better. $6.95 each.

I will try to get him a Vinturi to aerate his wine from the net soon.

Merlot_zpsa55b2c3f.jpg
CabSab_zps7b5c015a.jpg

Vintura_zps8bc59906.png

Drinking a couple of bottles every night makes a thoroughly relaxing sleep, hopefully the hype about being good for the heart is valid.

Last edited:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
a glass or two will do. two bottles per night will damage your liver. :rolleyes:

It's a couple of bottle for 3 old friends reminiscing the old times, the army, family, work, blowing hot air. The weather's getting hotter by the day, here in Phnom Penh, and there's nothing like a few glasses of red, $35 Double Corona, out on the large balcony under the stars. With a few coils of Low Smoke Ranger mosquito coil burning to keep the mozzies away. Just 3 old geezers sitting around reflecting times past, what went wrong, what we could have done better, laughing a lot and sighing a lot. At times when we had too much, even shedding a tear or 2. You know, just having a grand time, us old geezers.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't blame the retailers as the liquor tax eats into their profits.

Dont blame retailers
Dont blame those leasing out space
Dont blame the gaberment

BLAME THE FUCKING STINKIES WITH NO FUCKING BALLS THAT KEPT VOTING AND VOTING THE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES EVEN THOUGH IT IS KNOWN
PAP CHEAT AND LIE AND SWINDLE AND FUCK AND TIEW AND KAN STINKIES HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont blame retailers
Dont blame those leasing out space
Dont blame the gaberment

BLAME THE FUCKING STINKIES WITH NO FUCKING BALLS THAT KEPT VOTING AND VOTING THE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES EVEN THOUGH IT IS KNOWN
PAP CHEAT AND LIE AND SWINDLE AND FUCK AND TIEW AND KAN STINKIES HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH

yes tugger, you may be right this time....

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u like to know about wines this is an excellent manga to read unfortunately it's in jap & Chinese. The English version takes long time to catch up,

神之雫 or 神之水滴

Good job to intro wines n their diff regions n they draw even the wine label so u can go match n drink

Also at end of each issue the author recommend some cheap n good labels

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WhoeVer Kena HangOvers from some Cheapo & stupid wines ?...:*:
PLease PLease aVoid that Fucking 'RiVerCrest' Brand !..:eek:
That Cheapo $10 wine not onLy gets you an immediate Hangover Overnight; but there's sooo much tanin in it that
your Tongue & Teeth aLL goes Red too ! :(
Came to know of it when One of my ex-staff send me a 1/2 dozen Last X'mas..:cool:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WhoeVer Kena HangOvers from some Cheapo & stupid wines ?...:*:
PLease PLease aVoid that Fucking 'RiVerCrest' Brand !..:eek:
That Cheapo $10 wine not onLy gets you an immediate Hangover Overnight; but there's sooo much tanin in it that
your Tongue & Teeth aLL goes Red too ! :(
Came to know of it when One of my ex-staff send me a 1/2 dozen Last X'mas..:cool:

Ha ha if u say river crest is bad wait till u taste Indian wines

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jxtOXXQruWQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed> ... ... ...