• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For those who believe in truly free capital market economy fully backed by

Z

Zombie

Market failures require govt interventions. Nothing to do with betrayal.

As I have already put it in the first post, this govt intervention is the betrayal.
Just google. There are many articles.
Even if this govt intervention is (I said earlier) accepted as necessary, it does not change the fact.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10433
Betrayed by the Bailout: The Death of Democracy
by William Cox

On this date, October 3, 2008, the American people were betrayed by those whom they had elected to represent them.

http://www.forbes.com/home/2008/10/03/WallSt-Crisis-Bailout-Forbes2.html
Forbes Investor Team
Mistrust, Rage And Betrayal
David Serchuk 10.06.08, 6:00 AM ET

The Forbes Investor Team concedes that taxpayers are justifiably angry but argues that a bailout is necessary to get credit markets moving again.

"There is a deep sense of mistrust and rage at betrayal. These elected officials have been telling us everything is fine; now they're telling us nothing is fine and they need $700 billion," says Carol Pepper, president of investment firm Pepper International.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have already put it in the first post, this govt intervention is the betrayal.
Just google. There are many articles.
Even if this govt intervention is (I said earlier) accepted as necessary, it does not change the fact.

The voters' sense of betrayal arises from the use of taxpayers' money, not with govt interventions per se.

Z

Zombie

The voters' sense of betrayal arises from the use of taxpayers' money, not with govt interventions per se.

Any form of govt intervention on the market are affecting the taxpayers and their monies, in one way or the other. It means the same thing.

Please prove that you can separate the two things.

++++
edited

In case you jump into conclusion.
I do not mean that all govt interventions on the market must lead to taxpayers losing monies.
Govt intervention ultimately affects taxpayers' assets and liabilities.
Nobody feels betrayed just because the Govt uses taxpayers' monies.
Using the money to bail out something that (in principles) should not be done ie govt intervention, is the betrayal.

Last edited by a moderator:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any form of govt intervention on the market are affecting the taxpayers and their monies, in one way or the other. It means the same thing.

Please prove that you can separate the two things.

++++
edited

In case you jump into conclusion.
I do not mean that all govt interventions on the market must lead to taxpayers losing monies.
Govt intervention ultimately affects taxpayers' assets and liabilities.
Nobody feels betrayed just because the Govt uses taxpayers' monies.
Using the money to bail out something that (in principles) should not be done ie govt intervention, is the betrayal.

Not all types of govt interventions involve taxpayers' money. A tightening of regulations for investment banks is one of them.

Z

Zombie

Not all types of govt interventions involve taxpayers' money. A tightening of regulations for investment banks is one of them.

You tighten investment banks. Tax income from investment banks will fall. This tax loss will have to be absorbed by other taxpayers. This example proves nothing.

Please show that you can separate the govt intervention on the market, from the taxpayers and their monies, especially in this bailout.

Z

Zombie

Also in case you may jump into conclusion.
I did not say all govt interventions = betrayal.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please show that you can separate the govt intervention on the market, from the taxpayers and their monies, especially in this bailout.

I was trying to make the point in my earlier posts that the sense of betrayal is that taxpayers' money has been used, not that there are govt interventions, which you have insisted that govt interventions are betrayal of free market principles.

Z

Zombie

Investment banks can still make money in other ways.

You did not get what I was saying. Maybe I put it to you in misleading ways.

Never mind. Thank you for spending so much time with me on this discussion.

We look into other more interesting threads. Cheers.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You did not get what I was saying. Maybe I put it to you in misleading ways.

Never mind. Thank you for spending so much time with me on this discussion.

We look into other more interesting threads. Cheers.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm sorry if I misread. Cheers :o

YaakaKhiladi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was quite good to go through this thread....!
Liked it very much.....!
Just want to have such good stuff about business,