• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Football On Cable TV

jw5

Loyal
I'm interested to find out the thoughts and comments from the forummers here about watching football on cable TV. I'm not from the mda or any of the telcos, simply an annoyed football fan.

Are you watching EPL on starhub cable tv currently? Do you intend to subscribe to singtel tv in order to watch EPL next year? What would you do with your starhub subscription?

Are you watching champions league on singtel tv currently? If not, do you intend to subscribe next year?

What are your thoughts about the world cup? Would you consider not watching if the cable charges are too high?

For me, I'm currently watching EPL, not watching champions league, not sure about next year, i.e. may decide not to subscribe to anything at all, mainly out of annoyance. I may also decide not to watch the world cup if the extra charges are exorbitant.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u dun watch very often, subscribe 4 wat? ...

go 2 kopitiam n watch oni wen ur favorite team play is chipper ... same 4 world cup ...

champions leak ... got time 2 watch meh? ... nex day no nid 2 work meh? ...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
singtel bpl charges are ok compared with starhub..

i have starhub cable for many years liao.. they have nicer programmes compared to mio..

just that it will be damn stupid to have 2 setup boxes at home if i were to con't to see bpl.. somemore need to pay to have extra phone line..

so i may decide to give up bpl for good..:(

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a football fan, I have starhub now, have not signed up mio yet. Sometimes i watch champion league on net for free, but the signal is lousy.

I guess next year, no choice , have to sign up MIO for BPL.

But I have one question now, heard that MIO cannot have 2 set-top box for a single line ?? I need to have another phone line if I need 2 set top box ??
Can anyone confirm this ?

now, I have one starhub box in bedroom and living room, I pay additional $8 for rental only.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I have one question now, heard that MIO cannot have 2 set-top box for a single line ?? I need to have another phone line if I need 2 set top box ??
Can anyone confirm this ?

now, I have one starhub box in bedroom and living room, I pay additional $8 for rental only.

Yes. 1 line - 1 set-top box. but 1 set-top box can use for broadband and mio.

MIO configuration very confusing, no point explaining further here.

call ST up to be absolutely sure about what you need and require.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't bet, and I am not too crazy to stay up late and watch. Just like to watch nice football, doesn't matter if I knew the score.

Times are bad for me, so no StarHub or MIO, and I don't care.

What I do care is the torrent or direct download which I get from the internet, fbtz.com is my regular source. If there are Free to Air games for the coming world cup or EPL, it is a bonus. ( but again no late nights for me )

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. 1 line - 1 set-top box. but 1 set-top box can use for broadband and mio.

MIO configuration very confusing, no point explaining further here.

call ST up to be absolutely sure about what you need and require.

i call ST before, they tell me i need another phone number to get another set top box !! i cannot believe it !

shit.. means i need to pay another phone line to install another set top box in my bed room.. fuck !!

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am with Star hub for 3 years already, sport channel included.
I watch alot of football, but i am also a sport fan.
Starhub sport channel offered fast better than MIO.
I've got to watch many 'live' telecast,
F1, motoGP, PGA tour, Grandslam, Tour de France,
9 balls Asian tour, NBA, World Series, Ruby and many more.
And many more sports not shown live.
If Mio tv required me to put another set top, then forget it
the reason is i switch channel very often, if two set top box
then how to switch?
I will continue to watch what Star hub can offer,
no EPL, so be it, there are many sport programmes
which i enjoy watching also.

jw5

Loyal
if u dun watch very often, subscribe 4 wat? ...

go 2 kopitiam n watch oni wen ur favorite team play is chipper ... same 4 world cup ...

champions leak ... got time 2 watch meh? ... nex day no nid 2 work meh? ...
Can you recommend some good places to watch football on cable tv, including epl and champions league?
Do you currently watch football on cable tv?

jw5

Loyal
singtel bpl charges are ok compared with starhub..

i have starhub cable for many years liao.. they have nicer programmes compared to mio..

just that it will be damn stupid to have 2 setup boxes at home if i were to con't to see bpl.. somemore need to pay to have extra phone line..

so i may decide to give up bpl for good..:(
sifu
Do you currently watch epl on starhub tv?
Do you also watch champions league currently?
Are you planning to continue your starhub subscription next year or start subscribing to singtel for the football?

jw5

Loyal
I am with Star hub for 3 years already, sport channel included.
I watch alot of football, but i am also a sport fan.
Starhub sport channel offered fast better than MIO.
I've got to watch many 'live' telecast,
F1, motoGP, PGA tour, Grandslam, Tour de France,
9 balls Asian tour, NBA, World Series, Ruby and many more.
And many more sports not shown live.
If Mio tv required me to put another set top, then forget it
the reason is i switch channel very often, if two set top box
then how to switch?
I will continue to watch what Star hub can offer,
no EPL, so be it, there are many sport programmes
which i enjoy watching also.
Baimi
The problem is that some of these live telecasts like nba games will also be on mio tv next year.
Starhub will probably still have spanish league games but these are in the early hours of the morning.
So your plans are to stay with starhub, including their revamped sports package and not watch epl and champions league next year?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you recommend some good places to watch football on cable tv, including epl and champions league?
Do you currently watch football on cable tv?
my downstairs kopitiam can watch futbol oredi ...

4 epl, can oso watch @ tanjong pagar pubs ... very chip on weekends ...

u want 2 watch champions leak, go 2 dose kopitiam open 24 hrs 1 la ... eg broadway ...

me dun hv cable tv futbol la ... u sign up oredi, u oways tend 2 spend mor time watching it juz 2 get back ur moni's worth ... if u oni watch futbol, sign up 4 wat? ...

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cancelled my cable last year. Sometimes I missed watching football and surfing the various channels. But I get more time reading, surfing net and watching DVDs of my fave sitcoms.

During big matches and I got the itch, I either go back to my parents' place to watch the matches or jio friends to a pub.

I also have more time for my daughter. Overall, I dun think I want to subscribe to cable again.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
for all the talks and promo by both providers, they cannot promised wat other programs they can offer next year. last week i called up ST, ask them I'm interested in BPL, others footballs, and NBA, tennis, etc...

but KNN... that person cannot promised anything other than BPL, they can only say "not sure"...

si bei jia lat, what the FXXK is MDA and CASE doing ? :mad:
consumers are confused and sufferring :mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've stopped watching football on home TV since the cablerisation of TV. Now even worse - mult-split cablerisation. Go pub, coffeeshop or McDonald's for major games.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lotsa public providers are actually scaling down on live football due to confusion arising from multiple providers.

I've stopped watching football on home TV since the cablerisation of TV. Now even worse - mult-split cablerisation. Go pub, coffeeshop or McDonald's for major games.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
me now on StarHub CableTV,so still can watch at home.
next year,when it is no longer available,me will just accept it and will not be switching over to SingTel MIO TV.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Baimi
The problem is that some of these live telecasts like nba games will also be on mio tv next year.
Starhub will probably still have spanish league games but these are in the early hours of the morning.
So your plans are to stay with starhub, including their revamped sports package and not watch epl and champions league next year?

Yes, i will stay with Star hub,
Being a sport fan, i watch many sport programmes
Mio can't offer so many live telecasts
Not exactly out of EPL or Champions League
Last few matches of CL, i watched it on the net.

jw5

Loyal
for all the talks and promo by both providers, they cannot promised wat other programs they can offer next year. last week i called up ST, ask them I'm interested in BPL, others footballs, and NBA, tennis, etc...

but KNN... that person cannot promised anything other than BPL, they can only say "not sure"...

si bei jia lat, what the FXXK is MDA and CASE doing ? :mad:
consumers are confused and sufferring :mad:
alvin
The minister himself has already said that it's not just about football on cable tv, but I think he has under-estimated the number of annoyed supporters.
As for confused and suffering consumers, when has the benfefit of the ordinary consumer ever been the issue?

jw5

Loyal
ramseth
Which pubs, coffee shops or MacDonalds can you recommend?