• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Folder to handle trivia ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I lived in Singapore for many years and believed at the time that the way for society to move forward was to keep things clean, neat and orderly while citizens stuck to the straight and narrow.

When I started living overseas for extended periods however, It dawned on me that in order for ideas to flourish and take root, controlled chaos was a far more fertile breeding ground. Of course this also means giving dimwits considerable liberties too but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lived in Singapore for many years and believed at the time that the way for society to move forward was to keep things clean, neat and orderly while citizens stuck to the straight and narrow.

When I started living overseas for extended periods however, It dawned on me that in order for ideas to flourish and take root, controlled chaos was a far more fertile breeding ground. Of course this also means giving dimwits considerable liberties too but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Hear, hear. Understand PAP lapdogs here who think you can own the world? :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok, bro Raiders. Your message is clear and understood. So suggestions are welcome, its just that you won't take mine up as long as I'm the one who made it. No problem.

Brother TFBH, brother TFBH, you are my dearest brother, how can let things turn out this way? Let me know when you are in Singapore. I'll buy you dinner together along with AK. Lets make love and not war :smile:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is not that there are threads on trivia matters. The problem is that it is left to the trivia threads to carry the flag for Sammyboy.

Whatever happened to the exposé and underground dealings that we have been so used to in the past? Suddenly there seems to be one big shut up. Maybe this in itself will make an excellent new thread.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not the first time this forum has come under attack and it will not be the last. The important thing is there's a "collective conscience" in anonymous forums that will withstand co-ordinated sabotage by the likes of Fishypie, Bob sim etc.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brother TFBH, brother TFBH, you are my dearest brother, how can let things turn out this way? Let me know when you are in Singapore. I'll buy you dinner together along with AK. Lets make love and not war :smile:

Bro Raiders, I have low EQ lah. Lets just focus on thinking up the next good thread, shall we?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not the first time this forum has come under attack and it will not be the last. The important thing is there's a "collective conscience" in anonymous forums that will withstand co-ordinated sabotage by the likes of Fishypie, Bob sim etc.

yes, the threat is very real. be it intentionally or unintentionally. organised or unorganised. individual or the gov. voluntarily or well compensated.
i am not worry about morons or those who keep putting others down like tonychat, because they are harmless as in they are useless and incapable. its those with the ulterior motives to bring the forum down that worries me.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you Uncle RT for voicing out your opinion regarding this. Hugs.. lol

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe its worth reiterating the title of this this thread and the actual contents of the 1st post. Reduced in bullet form;

1. Suggestion to accommodate the increase in popularity of trivia posts in a designated folder or incorporated in an exiting folder.
2. There is an obvious demand as people are responding including me
3. No mention of banning, blocking, censorship removing etc
4. No mention of ownership, moderation, etc

There are many forums that have folders that actually state "Trivia" and provide an outlet or relief from the daily grind.

Intention:

1. Reduce the current angst over trivia
2. Reduce the proliferation of clones
3. Reduce the zaps and the little wars.
4. Allow non-trivia posters to have sufficient air-time to encourage quality thread and the forum to grow, be vibrant and continue to maintain its well known ethos.
5. Opportunity for people to state their views

I accept Sam's point that unlike religion, trivia has too many shades for anyone to make a call. I guess we have to find some way to address this.

Maybe convert one of the existing folders to handle new trivia that is now very popular. Maybe badge it with The religious folder.

Aware that we are supposed to handle all manner of chat that is not too serious in the kopitiam folder but the trivia/boliao stuff is overwhelming and there are also people keen to respond. I am sure this will allow Fishpie, Alamaking, kopiuncle, Erection etc to say their piece in peace. A good example is making erection the chatroom mod. Horses for causes.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those who are worried about trivia can easily counter the trend by converting a trivia thread into something a bit more useful. For example the "twitching eye" trivia thread turned into a discussion about investment returns and risk management. It also became a bit of an exposé.

All it took was one innocent question to kick start the conversion process.

The problem is there are people, like me, who read the header and can't be bother with it!
So even if the topic discussed had turned for the "better", I wouldn't have know or participate.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you struggling between being popular and being a moderator. Its a difficult balance. I have never ever came across a popular moderator who is effective. Its goes with the territory. See the abuse that Sam receives,

Nobody gives an award to a moderator who has an independent mind. Having an independent mind is not exactly a virtue. Robert Mugabe is known for his independent mind as well as the old man. Recognition is give it to one who can effectively moderate, keep the conversation flowing and taking on suggestions and providing reasonable answers to the suggestions.

Lets take TFBH as an example of a forummer. Do you think in the main he contributes effectively and meets the core ethos of this forum. Do we value him. Is he credible and does he come across as principled. If he goes away, will it be a loss? Tie all this to the very existence of SBF. What is it known for and what is its identity in Singapore online world. In comparison to him whose suggestion would you value more?

We can brush all this away and say that it takes numbers to make a successful forum and that it is a numbers game. But is that really the case. One of the new chaps in this forum is Zeddy. How would you rate him? He covers nearly every thing under the sun yet would you not consider Zeddy to stand head and shoulders above most of us. Why is that? What about Golden Dragon, Moonlighter, etc.

The point that I am making is that this forum is not run by the PAP and its identity evolved because many of us despised the PAP for dismissing the suggestions of its very own people. Thus our ethos.

In a nutshell if the PAP considered suggestions from its very own people, I am pretty sure this forum will not exist in its present forum.

You are indeed mistaken. Or perhaps you need a new pair of glasses. Suggestions are definitely welcome but of course whether if its taken up, it has to depend on the Sam and also the moderator of the folder which unfortunately is me :wink:

Kunming

Hear, hear. Understand PAP lapdogs here who think you can own the world? :biggrin:

How do you people know there is a group of PAP IBs saboing the forum? Has there been a precedent case before? What damage do they do? How do you fellas know their names ?:eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The point that I am making is that this forum is not run by the PAP and its identity evolved because many of us despised the PAP for dismissing the suggestions of its very own people. Thus our ethos.

In a nutshell if the PAP considered suggestions from its very own people, I am pretty sure this forum will not exist in its present forum.

While I TCSS most of the time, my primary objective participating in this forum is to expose the MIW, the SPF and the intel agencies. Honestly, I have yet to fire even 25% of my ammunition!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, bro Raiders. Your message is clear and understood. So suggestions are welcome, its just that you won't take mine up as long as I'm the one who made it. No problem.

I have long gives up on Raiders, his existence in this forum are for 3 reasons.
1) Merge threads (which is commendable)
2) Get more points and power in this forum
3) Boasting his experiences about getting free fucks without using condoms

That's all I can remember of him as for now.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think you struggling between being popular and being a moderator. Its a difficult balance. I have never ever came across a popular moderator who is effective. Its goes with the territory. See the abuse that Sam receives,

If I wanted to be mr popular, I would never have rebutted TFBH. This is a thankless job. The moment I air my views, the knives came for me. You were a moderator then now you are the supermoderator now. Have I ever see you coming out to defend me as a fellow moderator?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3) Boasting his experiences about getting free fucks without using condoms

That's all I can remember of him as for now.

knn! really??? if in sex forum, sure got someone jump out and shout "raw is war". then zap raider till naked, macam raider screw his mother raw like that. but here, better. more liberal compare to the sex forum.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sama sama, here a lot of ex policeman doing that. including the late Ramseth the Wise.

Yes, waiting for Ramseth's replacement to contribute to this forum. I think NBG will be a credible replacement given his welath of knowledge. esp his stint as Dir Manpower. Many juicy cases to highlight involving high ranking matas.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for most of the anti-Fishypie sentiments in this Thread.Sorry i dont write weLL and neither do i Like reading Long posts.Anyway, i have been diLigentLy foLLowing this Post from pages1-4; and aLL i can surmise insofar are the
heavyweights in this forum are mostLy out to hang me.
Am surprised that you better educated guys here are presuming me to be some pap ib's, spammer, troLL etcc; out here to sabotage this forum and to rip off it's past gLories and so on; just because of my back ground an ex-stomper..com'on, what warped mentaLity that you peopLe have over here ?.
BasicaLLy i am a very simpLe famiLy man.SeLf-empLoyed, working from home; Lives in the heart of Katong for the Last 15+years with my smaLL famiLy.My favourite pastime incLudes beach stroLLing, fishing,photography; besides my main hobby of being a seLf-taught amateur chef.I do have a food bLog which ocassionaLLy i wouLd update them from time to time.
I am reaLLy a nobody, just an easy going guy Living for no gLory; but being happy with myseLf, my famiLy & my inner souL; why you peopLe wouLd want to put me here in such a high pedestaL ?..
Rest said, i am going to throw my gaunLet down; once & for aLL to those detractors who stiLL insist on mine's genuinity here in posting my threads here being fiLLed with agendas.Since day 01 i have stated i am myseLf, and i am reitertaing that now again.
To whichever detractor/s who is/are gutty enough to meet me in person; he/she/we can meet from Tues-Fri
2pm-6pm this week within the compound of HoLy FamiLy Church at Katong to trash things out; rather than to rant, or post stuffs out of perspectives about me..
You may choose to post your responses here openLy, or PM me..either way i am okay with it.
HopefuLLy, once and for aLL; aLL the brothers here are at peace with mine's 'no-intent' at aLL.
Fishypie.