• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Folder to handle trivia ?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I said again, I dun like to abuse my power and I dun want to be in charge of anything. Why dun you guys get it? Fishypie and I were ex Stomper, so I'm very sensitive with those kind of question threads, I know what he's trying to do.

When I exposed him he's from Stomp, he immediately got his nick erased there, tell me if a normal stomper can do that?

If you guys dun believe me, so be it, god bless this forum.

What do you want then? You raised the issue and now you don't want to deal with it? You want one of us to pick up the slack?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You 2 will be surprised how many seniors agree with my analysis on Fishypie, jw5, muthukali and Rogue Trader to name a few, even OA tried to minimize the damages.

I dun want to quarrel with you guys on how to deal with Fishypie, if you guys think my way is not the right 1, then do it your way, i will support.

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y don't we start a mass zapping and infraction on fishypie till he quit??? he can keep on buying, but i think a lot of u got a lot of clones with power. lets start a clone war against the dark side, fishypie.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You 2 will be surprised how many seniors agree with my analysis on Fishypie, jw5, muthukali and Rogue Trader to name a few, even OA tried to minimize the damages.

I dun want to quarrel with you guys on how to deal with Fishypie, if you guys think my way is not the right 1, then do it your way, i will support.

Okay, I will acknowledge your point.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am keen to see free posting which I never thought possible until I saw it happen here. Who would have thought a forum surviving this long with little or no moderation. It flies in the face of old man and his party who firmly believe in near total control. It also struck as bizarre that a born and bred Singaporean who went to OCS, who took a scholarship can conceive and a run a forum with hardly a check on content in place.

When the no. 2 of YPAP was interviewed by a certain country, the no. 2 by the name of Phyllis or something similar said that they are closer to the Youth league of CCCP (PRC) than any other organisation in any other country. When asked if they are close to the Malaysian equivalent she replied that the Malaysians tend to be vocal and prone to protests. That was deeply telling and truly sad. Imagine the no. 2 YPAP had no idea of what democracy meant. This same organisation now runs the PAP IB and it is sad. They have no idea of the abuse, the machination, the nonsense that this govt has done.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let this section be and no changes be made. Sam knows exactly what is going on and he will do what is right. Anyone not liking the TS can zap and infract. There are others who will not agree and up the TS, as a balance.

This section represents the free-for-all and any control will kill the SBF, not only this section.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let this section be and no changes be made. Sam knows exactly what is going on and he will do what is right. Anyone not liking the TS can zap and infract. There are others who will not agree and up the TS, as a balance.

This section represents the free-for-all and any control will kill the SBF, not only this section.

I guess we are all banking on each individual concerned to man up and do the right thing.

That's something the govt of SG does not trust people with.

That was also how SBF has survived so long, in Scroobal's words, with "little moderation". In fact the times when people intervened or imposed their wishes on others, were some of the worst periods in SBF.

Even Bob Sim does not disrupt the forum nowadays, save a stray thread or two which is immediately trashed thanks to the mods. Anyone here forget to thank the mods recently?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There's no need for a new folder. If there's an obvious attempt to sabotage, I can spot it a mile away. I'll then respond with the simple act of throwing all the threads in the rubbish heap.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no need for a new folder. If there's an obvious attempt to sabotage, I can spot it a mile away. I'll then respond with the simple act of throwing all the threads in the rubbish heap.

Here, here. Let the TS not become a LKY. :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Here, here. Let the TS not become a LKY. :biggrin:

Those who are worried about trivia can easily counter the trend by converting a trivia thread into something a bit more useful. For example the "twitching eye" trivia thread turned into a discussion about investment returns and risk management. It also became a bit of an exposé.

All it took was one innocent question to kick start the conversion process.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We all should know by now, especially the older members that once someone wants to take ownership of this section and want the right to make decision as to who can post and who cannot, it will not be accepted by everyone. The mods are doing a good job as far as I am concerned.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It took us a long while to figure out the religious zealots so this is a new challenge.

A religious post is easy to spot and deal with. It's almost a black and white issue with only 2 shades of grey.

A "trivia" post has 256 shades between black and white.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A religious post is easy to spot and deal with. It's almost a black and white issue with only 2 shades of grey.

Here, here. I advise the TS and others to heed the advice of the de facto Maker of this Universe!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for clarifying. I genuinely thought we can take "ownership" of this section. I got the impression it was owned and operated by a single individual and some of the section was for sale. My apologies. Who are the mods by the way, I am pretty new and seldom posts. I thought there was one only.

We all should know by now, especially the older members that once someone wants to take ownership of this section and want the right to make decision as to who can post and who cannot, it will not be accepted by everyone. The mods are doing a good job as far as I am concerned.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to take a share of the blame. I got the distinct impression that some of the folders were for sale and we could bid for ownership. Thanks to forummer Jubliee I now know better. If I had known it cannot be owned, I would not have tendered for the folder on trivia. I hoping to own it outright, fully furnished.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You got to take a share of the blame. I got the distinct impression that some of the folders were for sale and we could bid for ownership. Thanks to forummer Jubliee I now know better. If I had known it cannot be owned, I would not have tendered for the folder on trivia. I hoping to own it outright, fully furnished.

Aiyah, you want to scoobydoobydooleak just say lah. If it boosts ratings like crazy which I am sure it will as the IB dogs, the pro-gov group, anti PAP and pro SGP groups converage, Sam would surely give you a folder to post in. Man, you will save SPH the task of having to spin boring stories. Sham and Suzhou Tio will be very interested too, what you have to say. If the hits and visitorship goes in the 10s of thousands, Sam could take it for IPO and be rid of us. Help Sam break out from this hellhole of bad returns, Scroo. Say it, you want your own folder for scoobydoobydooleaks!