• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally, sinkies I can believe in

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

2 S'porean students in Poland mass buy groceries for Ukrainian refugees as donation​

The drive will continue for the remainder of the students' exchange in Poland.
Matthias Ang |
clock.png
March 08, 2022, 01:14 PM
poland-ukrainian-refugees-groceries.jpg

Two Singaporean students on exchange in Poland have launched a donation drive to fund the purchase of groceries for Ukrainian refugees.
According to an Instagram post put up on March 4 by Christie Cheah, she had launched the effort together with Priscilla Wee, following the arrival of more than 500 Ukrainian refugees at her university, Kozminski University in Warsaw, over Feb. 26 to 27.

Cheah added that while many students have volunteered by donating and distributing necessities, more refugees have continued to arrive.
This has prompted the university to release a list of necessities that the refugees still require.

A little bit of money goes a long way​

According to Cheah, S$1 is roughly equal to 3zł (Polish złoty).
A donation of S$10 will be enough to cover up to a week's supply of groceries for one person.
In addition, both Cheah and Wee will also take photos of the receipts of their purchases once they have finished a run.
At the time of posting, Cheah said that multiple grocery runs are necessary as they still have 80 per cent of their funds leftover, after purchasing "three trolleys full of groceries".

Screenshot-2022-03-08-at-11.57.51-AM.png
Source: Screenshot via Christie Cheah Instagram

These groceries were then delivered to some of the refugees staying at the university.
Some of the necessities include cheese, bread, baby puree, and soap.
One receipt showed that some 914zł (S$272) worth of groceries were bought.
Cheah added:

"It was a very emotional moment for all of us, getting to hear stories about they took a whole day to travel from Ukraine to Poland, how the Ukrainians are starving there, and how some of their male family members chose to stay in Ukraine to fight and help others."

The donation drive will continue for the remainder of Cheah and Wee's time in Poland.
Members of the public who are interested in donating can reach out to either Cheah or Wee via Instagram.

https://mothership.sg/2022/03/singaporean-students-donation-ukrainian-refugees/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm sure this bunch of Ukranians will be extremely grateful.

1646728070902.png

1646728148047.png

1646728213045.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Hundreds of Ukrainian nationalists march in honor of Nazi collaborator​

Stepan Bandera led Ukrainian Insurgent Army, which fought alongside Nazi Germany during WWII, killing thousands of Jews and Poles​

Activists of various nationalist parties carry torches during a rally in Kyiv, Ukraine, on January 1, 2022. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky)

Activists of various nationalist parties carry torches during a rally in Kyiv, Ukraine, on January 1, 2022. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky)

KYIV, Ukraine — Hundreds of Ukrainian nationalists held a torchlight march in the capital of Kyiv to mark the birthday of Stepan Bandera, the leader of a rebel militia that fought alongside Nazi soldiers in World War II.

The Sunday march came amid persistently high concerns over Russia’s massing of troops near the Ukrainian border, which many believe could be a prelude to an invasion. A large sector of eastern Ukraine has been under the control of Russia-backed separatist rebels since 2014.
“Today, when there is a war with the occupier at the front, and the struggle against the ‘fifth column’ continues in the rear, we remember and honor the memory of Stepan Bandera,” said Andriy Tarasenko, leader of the nationalist party Right Sector.

During World War II, Bandera led the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, whose men killed thousands of Jews and Poles, including women and children, while fighting alongside Nazi Germany against the Red Army and communists.
Bandera’s supporters claim that they sided with the Nazis against the Soviet army in the belief that Adolf Hitler would grant independence to Ukraine.

Expressions of admiration for Bandera and other collaborators have increased in scope and status following the 2014 revolution in Ukraine, which toppled the regime of Viktor Yanukovych amid claims that he is a Russian stooge, and triggered an armed conflict with Russia.

AP22001619199403-640x400.jpg

Activists of various nationalist parties carry torches and a portrait of Stepan Bandera during a rally in Kyiv, Ukraine, on Saturday, January 1, 2022. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky)

The veneration of Nazi collaborators, including killers of Jews, is a growing phenomenon in Eastern Europe, where many consider such individuals as heroes because they resisted Soviet Communism.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure this bunch of Ukranians will be extremely grateful.

View attachment 136866

View attachment 136867

View attachment 136868
In any given population, there will always be perverts. Sick people. Whether you're in Thailand, the US, Ukraine, sinkieland whatever. Taking an entire country to war to weed out these vermin is akin to demolishing a house to get to a rat's nest. Ever thought of using a rat trap?

In any case, I see no women and children in that bunch of photos. Only women and children are allowed to cross over into Poland. I hardly think they can effectively disguise themselves as such. Fittingly, I would assume most of these blowhards will probably be egging each other on to face the Russians. the 1st to fall.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In any given population, there will always be perverts. Sick people. Whether you're in Thailand, the US, Ukraine, sinkieland whatever. Taking an entire country to war to weed out these vermin is akin to demolishing a house to get to a rat's nest. Ever thought of using a rat trap?

In any case, I see no women and children in that bunch of photos. Only women and children are allowed to cross over into Poland. I hardly think they can effectively disguise themselves as such. Fittingly, I would assume most of these blowhards will probably be egging each other on to face the Russians. the 1st to fall.

What about those who are non binary are they allowed to cross the border?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hundreds of Ukrainian nationalists march in honor of Nazi collaborator​

Stepan Bandera led Ukrainian Insurgent Army, which fought alongside Nazi Germany during WWII, killing thousands of Jews and Poles​

KYIV, Ukraine — Hundreds of Ukrainian nationalists held a torchlight march in the capital of Kyiv to mark the birthday of Stepan Bandera, the leader of a rebel militia that fought alongside Nazi soldiers in World War II.

The Sunday march came amid persistently high concerns over Russia’s massing of troops near the Ukrainian border, which many believe could be a prelude to an invasion. A large sector of eastern Ukraine has been under the control of Russia-backed separatist rebels since 2014.
“Today, when there is a war with the occupier at the front, and the struggle against the ‘fifth column’ continues in the rear, we remember and honor the memory of Stepan Bandera,” said Andriy Tarasenko, leader of the nationalist party Right Sector.

During World War II, Bandera led the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, whose men killed thousands of Jews and Poles, including women and children, while fighting alongside Nazi Germany against the Red Army and communists.
Bandera’s supporters claim that they sided with the Nazis against the Soviet army in the belief that Adolf Hitler would grant independence to Ukraine.

Expressions of admiration for Bandera and other collaborators have increased in scope and status following the 2014 revolution in Ukraine, which toppled the regime of Viktor Yanukovych amid claims that he is a Russian stooge, and triggered an armed conflict with Russia.

AP22001619199403-640x400.jpg

Activists of various nationalist parties carry torches and a portrait of Stepan Bandera during a rally in Kyiv, Ukraine, on Saturday, January 1, 2022. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky)

The veneration of Nazi collaborators, including killers of Jews, is a growing phenomenon in Eastern Europe, where many consider such individuals as heroes because they resisted Soviet Communism.
since you're here, let me ask you this. Do you think that this is what justifies Putin going to war?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
since you're here, let me ask you this. Do you think that this is what justifies Putin going to war?

I don't think any war is justified but the days when I actually believed that war consisted of bad guys fighting good guys is well and truly over.

Remember when we were kids how we cheered for the cowboys and loved seeing the red Indians bleeding and dying in agony in the Westerns? :biggrin:

And that movie Green Berets where John Wayne took on the evil Vietcong.

To understand the motivation behind this war we'd need to have spent years in both countries and acquired a deep understanding of the history leading up to this current situation.

In the meantime all I can do is what I try to hone into an art form.. playing the role of the contrarian.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously these are 2 dumb Sinkies from the 61 %. Are they blind to what to how Ukrainians are treating Asians trying to flee the cuntry? There are so many citizens in Sickipoora who truly need help and do U see them doing anything. This is wayang they learned from the PAP and hopefully in return a good time with AMDK.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think any war is justified but the days when I actually believed that war consisted of bad guys fighting good guys is well and truly over.

Remember when we were kids how we cheered for the cowboys and loved seeing the red Indians bleeding and dying in agony in the Westerns? :biggrin:
It's funny you mention this. I've never remembered cheering a side. Whether it's in a movie or on football. I've always found it meaningless. If it involved fighting or whatever, I instead obsess over how they fight. Techniques and whatnot. There are only 2 notable exceptions I remember vividly. Vividly because I actually had an emotional response. The 1st was Bruce Lee being refused entry to a park by a Bhai. The park entrance had a placard saying no dogs and Chinese allowed while a Japanese couple strolled in. The 2nd was in return of the Jedi. I really wanted Luke to destroy Darth Vader.

If I were to analyze myself I think I don't tend to pick sides but am alerted by oppression. It bothers me.

And that movie Green Berets where John Wayne took on the evil Vietcong.
Every John Wayne movie, I only remember his speech and his walk as if he had painful hips.
To understand the motivation behind this war we'd need to have spent years in both countries and acquired a deep understanding of the history leading up to this current situation.
This is a very good point. All your keyboard warriors are going haywire on this, when I really feel that they should consider their opinions more carefully. Instead, I'm getting this very strong sense of deja vu when I was effectively exiled from another forum for speaking out against the American invasion of the Middle East some decades ago. At this point, I'm strongly suspecting that all locals just prefer an aggressive invader of some sort. They were cheering the Americans in the Middle East and now cheering the Russians in the Ukraine. Unthinking.
In the meantime all I can do is what I try to hone into an art form.. playing the role of the contrarian.
Good for you. Except that on this topic you seem to be hardly the contrarian.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously these are 2 dumb Sinkies from the 61 %. Are they blind to what to how Ukrainians are treating Asians trying to flee the cuntry? There are so many citizens in Sickipoora who truly need help and do U see them doing anything. This is wayang they learned from the PAP and hopefully in return a good time with AMDK.

It's all virtue signalling. For example, not too long ago you see "I've got my Covid vaccine' posts and photo filters on social media. Today they have been mostly replaced by yellow-and-blue Ukraine flags. Let's see what will be the next big 'current' thing they chase after. :biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I ask you. Have you ever had to flee your home? In the dead of winter? Because it's going to be shelled? Your city and country reduced to rubble? Nowhere to stay? No food to eat? No water to drink? Regular people who work regular jobs, not drug addicts or lazy bums who until two weeks ago were going about their daily business like you?

WIth the Ukrainians preferring their own, I'm wondering if it ever comes to it and it happens in singapore will the majority Chinese in singapore give preference to other Chinese and leave the Malays and Indians behind? I don't condone it, but I wonder how different we really are.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can I ask you. Have you ever had to flee your home? In the dead of winter? Because it's going to be shelled? Your city and country reduced to rubble? Nowhere to stay? No food to eat? No water to drink? Regular people who work regular jobs, not drug addicts or lazy bums who until two weeks ago were going about their daily business like you?

My dad went through this experience during the Japanese occupation... not the winter part but fleeing home and nothing to eat part.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

WIth the Ukrainians preferring their own, I'm wondering if it ever comes to it and it happens in singapore will the majority Chinese in singapore give preference to other Chinese and leave the Malays and Indians behind? I don't condone it, but I wonder how different we really are.

During the May 13th riots many Chinese attacked Malays but some Chinese provided fleeing Malays safe refuge in their homes... and vice versa.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dad went through this experience during the Japanese occupation... not the winter part but fleeing home and nothing to eat part.
that's bad enough. throw in the winter and it makes it that much worse. I'm sure you have heard your share of stories. The only good thing about this invasion is that the Russians have a bit of shared history with the Ukrainians whereas the Japanese thought everyone else was subhuman and worthy of mistreatment.